PDA

View Full Version : San Diego Riders lets get our knees in the wind Aug. 28th

24Cycles
07-23-2010, 12:32 AM
Lets figure a way to meet and get a group ride in. Possible meet at Denny,s on Villa De La Valle?
Just remembered I will most likely be on the Gypsy Run. Lets figure a way to meet and get a group ride in. Possible meet at Denny's on Villa De La Valle?

Kokuma
07-23-2010, 8:49 AM
Sounds great to me! Good idea.

Coldies
07-23-2010, 9:55 AM
Sounds good to me. Were to?

Twinkies
07-23-2010, 10:10 AM
Ill try to make it.. should have weekends off starting in Aug..
If theres no plan I can suggest a route going through north county that wont dissapoint.

24Cycles
07-23-2010, 11:32 AM
Sounds like a plan, a few of like to get good seat time and I wouldnt mind to even do a over night camp trip out of it. I know you guys have a few camp spots on the coast that might be cool or La Jolla Indian Res. but it might be god awful hot in Aug.
How about a over nighter at San Onofre state beach. Im not sure on the cost involved to camp there. Anyone in to it or just a ride day?

willythepirate
07-23-2010, 12:27 PM
Im down either way.

PS Adam last nite I pitched Slab city at the ol' lady and shes down...

hellbilly1932
07-23-2010, 12:40 PM
Yeah, I'm in either way. And I for sure will be there at the slabs again this year and my girlfriend said she's down to drive the chase Jetta for the ride out to slab city, haha.

24Cycles
07-23-2010, 12:56 PM
FINALLY!!!

Looks like we are going to get the blood flowing on some good riding!
Rock on! Awesome your girls are on board. Mine is coming out as well so it should be a good time! We now need to set up a ride in to Slab!
For the Slab run we can always have the South and North meet at the Duddlies Bakery (think thats how you spell it) So we can roll in in numbers.

Kokuma
07-23-2010, 1:33 PM
Can someone bring a chick and car for me too? I'm thinking 5'10", mediteranian origin, dumb as a rock, and minimal English vocabulary. But she should have a nice car. :P

hellbilly1932
07-23-2010, 3:08 PM
Can someone bring a chick and car for me too? I'm thinking 5'10", mediteranian origin, dumb as a rock, and minimal English vocabulary. But she should have a nice car. :P

I'll see what I can do, hahahaha

willythepirate
07-23-2010, 4:14 PM
Yeah my wifes gonna drive my silverado so if anyone wants some shit carried there will be room.

And back to a sooner ride camping on the beach I'm down. San onofre or where ever

Coldies
07-23-2010, 4:27 PM
There is San Onofre and also the carlsbad state beach one too but that will most likely be to packed. This is beginning to sound like a good time.

Twinkies what route did you have in mind?

24Cycles
07-23-2010, 5:23 PM
Im going to look into some dates and cost to camp at a group site. I guess I will need a head count and a date to do this. Im out for the last 3 weekends of the month. I think if were going to camp out maybe the weekend after the sept holiday. so we are sure to get a site and the weather will be epic. Im down to ride anytime between then.
Start posting dates everyone is available to do a day time ride and then a over niter.

Coldies
07-23-2010, 9:52 PM
I could also swing by the Carlsbad camp ground tomorrow just to ask what days they have available and get the low down as well as to how much it cost etc.. or hell I can go the the San Onofre one too. Anyone wanna come along?

24Cycles
07-23-2010, 10:22 PM
That would be awesome if you could!
Out of curiosity do you have car shows or bike shows up there for old school rides?

Coldies
07-23-2010, 10:35 PM
Not really sure on the cars but its slim to none on the bike shows. I think there is a bike night in Escondido but I have never been.

So yeah I will ask Carlsbad how much and feel em out with the chance of having "A few people" at a campsite. I figure San Onofre would be the same $$$ since its all run by the State. But in San Onofre I know there is way less people so that would probably be a better idea for us.

Boylecomm
07-24-2010, 10:13 AM
You better check on the state beach booze laws also. I realize you can get away with it but pouring out a nights supply and paying the state to do so is a bummer.
San Onofre is a dry beach.

24Cycles
07-24-2010, 11:01 AM
Not really sure on the cars but its slim to none on the bike shows. I think there is a bike night in Escondido but I have never been.

So yeah I will ask Carlsbad how much and feel em out with the chance of having "A few people" at a campsite. I figure San Onofre would be the same $$$ since its all run by the State. But in San Onofre I know there is way less people so that would probably be a better idea for us.

Thanks for checking you might mention were on bikes just in case they have a rule against it. Usually you dont have that type of problem at state beaches as they give equal rights. They just call the cops to deal with you if there is a problem.

I went to the Esco bike show a few years back and it was nothing more then stunters and there mowhawk helmets. Think if I get a mowhawk on my helmet they will let me hang out?

Coldies
07-24-2010, 11:36 AM
You better check on the state beach booze laws also. I realize you can get away with it but pouring out a nights supply and paying the state to do so is a bummer.
San Onofre is a dry beach.

Good point. if thats the case La Jolla indian reservation is always good to go, hot as hell but at least there is the river to jump into. Im about to head out I will post what I find out.

Coldies
07-24-2010, 1:50 PM
Okay here is the low down on Carlsbad camp groung, had to grab a flyer because the asshole with small shorts closed the door in my face because he was helping cars as they were pulling in. Its $35/night for a "inland" sight meaning you dont have a direct view of the ocean and its $50/night for the ocean view. They only allow 8 people and 3 motorcycles (or cars, RV, etc...) per a spot and its an additional $12.00 per vehicle. It says Alcohol and glass containers are not allowed on the beach or beyond your campsite. So you basically can get shitty within your camp site.

Well there it is fellas.

24Cycles
07-24-2010, 8:45 PM
So if we have 8 people at a site it is 13.75 if all 8 have a bike they bring. If we have 2 sites and we dont have 8 people to fill it then the 13.75 goes up per person as it wouldnt be fair that some pay less and others pay more for the same fun. Well I always in truth want to pay less but I feel bad when others dont get the same deal I get. This pricing is if we do the ocean view and my philosophy is if you do it do it right.

Well Im down to do some beach camping and riding. chime in what you guys want to do and when is a good time for you. 2nd week of Sept is good for me as I am booked to shit with prior rides and family parties.
Thanks Coldies for the work on this. Im riding up to Oceanside next sunday so if you have to ride let me know. Im only going up for the riding.

Rotten

willythepirate
07-24-2010, 8:58 PM
Im down for beach camping. I just need like a weeks notice

Twinkies
07-25-2010, 2:03 PM
There is San Onofre and also the carlsbad state beach one too but that will most likely be to packed. This is beginning to sound like a good time.

Twinkies what route did you have in mind?

http://www.chopcult.com/group/65/discussion/259/
.. then go through Harmony Grove, through San Elijo to Double Peak park.
From there, Stone Brew, Penny Lane, etc are options.

As for camping, La Jolla rez hands down. $10 a bike. Its gonna be hot, but theres lots of shade and tubing if youre down with that. No bottles so bring your tall cans.
State beach camping is cool if you like getting into fights and chatting with law enforcement.

24Cycles
07-25-2010, 6:32 PM
http://www.chopcult.com/group/65/discussion/259/
.. then go through Harmony Grove, through San Elijo to Double Peak park.
From there, Stone Brew, Penny Lane, etc are options.

As for camping, La Jolla rez hands down. $10 a bike. Its gonna be hot, but theres lots of shade and tubing if youre down with that. No bottles so bring your tall cans.
State beach camping is cool if you like getting into fights and chatting with law enforcement.

Looks like speaking from experience. La jolla res always been fun.

willythepirate
07-25-2010, 6:53 PM
That would be awesome if you could!
Out of curiosity do you have car shows or bike shows up there for old school rides?

About 15 yrs ago the galaxy hosted a car and bike night that I remember

Jasonisdico
08-22-2010, 12:01 AM
I'm down for whatever. La Jolla Indian Rez is always a blast. The little stream is fun as hell to tube down. I could probably get my chick to drive her truck up with all the camping gear/beer/food. Just let me know the exact dates and we'll be there.

24Cycles
08-22-2010, 12:07 AM
I'm down for whatever. La Jolla Indian Rez is always a blast. The little stream is fun as hell to tube down. I could probably get my chick to drive her truck up with all the camping gear/beer/food. Just let me know the exact dates and we'll be there.

Lil Creek is awesome! Me and several others were coolin off years ago after racing scooters at the old cart track. It was blazin hot and then out of no were a bloated pink tampoon came floatin by lol

Suicidal87
08-22-2010, 4:35 PM
This makes me want to move back to SD...

coach
08-22-2010, 6:34 PM
This ride and camp sounds good before having to go to Yuma for two months. I'll be keeping an eye open for more details.

eliwolf6
08-22-2010, 9:24 PM
sounds like a good time to me as well, and as far as bike shows go, Loser Machine is putting on their 2nd annual bike/car show at hensly's in carlsbad the day before halloween. Last year was good, should be better this time around

Jasonisdico
08-22-2010, 10:38 PM
Right on. We'll have to ride up there as well. Hensley's is a rad little place too.

24Cycles
08-23-2010, 3:50 PM
Well it looks like te 28th is coming up to fast! I dont think camping is going to be able to be pulled off at least not for me but I am going to ride up towards Oceanside no matter what. Who's down to ride up and who is down to meet up from our fellow dirt bags to the north?
San Diego Riders lets meet at 9:30am at the Tower Bar
Whos in......?

krs1
08-23-2010, 4:15 PM
I'm down. Tower works great for me.

willythepirate
08-23-2010, 4:25 PM
Unfortunately, my store is understaffed this week so I won't be able to attend. I will be at the weekly dirtbag convention tho.

24Cycles
08-23-2010, 4:37 PM
Unfortunately, my store is understaffed this week so I won't be able to attend. I will be at the weekly dirtbag convention tho.

Quit

willythepirate
08-23-2010, 11:10 PM
Quit

lol well josh never called me back so that hasnt worked out yet so if I do are you gonna hire me on with beerbreed enterpries LLC INC?

24Cycles
08-23-2010, 11:35 PM
In time grasshopper in time ..... until then you can be the new Captain America riding the road to no end but with wife on back of the bike.
The End

Kokuma
08-24-2010, 9:27 AM
Well it looks like te 28th is coming up to fast! I dont think camping is going to be able to be pulled off at least not for me but I am going to ride up towards Oceanside no matter what. Who's down to ride up and who is down to meet up from our fellow dirt bags to the north?
San Diego Riders lets meet at 9:30am at the Tower Bar
Whos in......?

Dude, I'm so there!!! Anyone interested in Long Beach Swap Meet Sunday? See you at Tower Sat. I won't be making the wolfacorn meet Wed,. but definately Thursday.

24Cycles
08-24-2010, 11:37 AM
Dude, I'm so there!!! Anyone interested in Long Beach Swap Meet Sunday? See you at Tower Sat. I won't be making the wolfacorn meet Wed,. but definately Thursday.

You never missed the ride to EC ...... We might as well not do it lol

Kokuma
08-24-2010, 12:54 PM
Oh, man. I'm bummed. But got some family obligations today. I can't even work on my old tank. But La Mesa's on for sure. I gotta give the old man's bungee cord back...if I can find it!

TemeculaTerry
08-25-2010, 10:07 AM
Why dont you dirt bags ride up to Temecula for the Beer Booters - your more than welcomed!

24Cycles
08-25-2010, 3:19 PM
Terry depending on who shows and what they are riding that just might happen! Im down for it how about everyone else?

coach
08-25-2010, 3:36 PM
I live in Oceanside and am down to show up. I also have a couple of items to donate.

24Cycles
08-25-2010, 3:43 PM
Coach shoot me a email. Were going to chat about the ride tomorrow and if we go that way we can meet you off the 78.

Coldies
08-25-2010, 4:11 PM
Camping isn't going to work for me either this weekend, but im sure I can squeeze in a quick ride. I'm in Carlsbad so let me know which way you guys are heading.

Jasonisdico
08-25-2010, 4:43 PM
What the hell is the Beer-Booters? Of course I'm there if beer is involved though. Is that this saturday?

TemeculaTerry
08-25-2010, 5:26 PM
http://theglassboot.blogspot.com/

Kokuma
08-25-2010, 6:24 PM
Have some non-alcoholic beverages for this retired alkie And I'm in.

Twinkies
08-25-2010, 7:08 PM
Im also down for Terrys shindig... check your PMs atom.. can meet you guys off the 78 or 15.

Jasonisdico
08-25-2010, 9:44 PM
Right on. So it looks like so far that the down south riders can meet up at Industry Cycles off Fairmount and Mission gorge at 9:30. Then we'll pick up Atom at Filipi's off Mira Mesa Blvd at 10:00. Twinkies, you pick the spot and we can meet you there at about 10:45. By the time we all gas up and head up north, we should all be rolling to Terry's on time.

619) 894-4073 Call or text if ya need to.

krs1
08-25-2010, 10:19 PM
I'm in for sure.

PM me or text me if anything changes. 619.549.7379

24Cycles
08-25-2010, 10:26 PM
I received several PMs with regards to Terrys gig and the man himself asked so we shall head north my fellow Dirt Bags and rejoice over cold beverages and fire water!
Thanks Terry for the invite and giving us down south a destination for our ride. I will bring you a care package from BeerBreed for your raffle!

I guess meeting at Arco park n ride off Deer Springs x I-15 will be at 10:45am and we will roll north by 11:15am. If anyone is coming and needs us to wait for you with in reason we will. Post up here if we should expect you and if your running late 619-243-9858 so we know your on our way.
Looks like there is 10 of us so far headed north....

Jasonisdico
08-29-2010, 11:44 AM
What a friggin BLAST. To all the San Diego Riders that found excuses not to come up, you suck. Work and Famlily are exceptions. But there should have been a lot more guys out. To those of us that made it up, that was rad. Good meeting you guys. And Twinkie, nice looking scoot man.

rustrocket84
08-29-2010, 12:53 PM
It was cool meeting all of you. Looking forward to the next one already.