PDA

View Full Version : tattoo prices?

DirtyG
07-22-2010, 6:17 PM
i started tattooing to make money to start chopping and iv only gotten garage tats and the ones i did my self so im sure most of you have gotten tattooed so how much did you pay and how big how many colors if you can post a pic or if your an artist shoot me some tips and tell me your rates thanks

ps if you got a free tatt done by your buddy dgaf i dont need to know i do free work for my friends too

HFMC
07-22-2010, 6:42 PM
The guy I go to charges about $100 to $120 an hour depending on the size of the job. That must be about right because he has a waiting list. Hope that helps.

JH282
07-22-2010, 6:58 PM
Get a foot in with a shop. You will learn way faster and hack a lot less.

DirtyG
07-22-2010, 7:26 PM
Get a foot in with a shop. You will learn way faster and hack a lot less.

i live in south oc so just about everyone here is a douch~cake ill keep tryin but honestly i dont wanna sling ink just want a bike and money is tight

beanhead78
07-22-2010, 8:07 PM
alright douchebag. you posted a smart assed comment on one of my threads so i guess ill do the same.first of all post a pic of your work so we can get an idea of your quality. what part of town are you going to be working in? the ghetto tattoing brothers and sisters? a college town tattooing stupid drunk idiots? a vacation town tattooing fifty year old rich asses? appointment only? from your first post it kinda sounds like your about ready to start apprenticing in a shop. a few of my friends are "bigtime tattooers" ive been around it a longtime. im not a tattoer myself but worked at a shop quite some time. i dont know where im going with this but show us a picture of your work.then ill tell you if your going to be doing 30 dollar kanjis or hourly work.

fozz
07-22-2010, 8:56 PM
Fuck up a tat on the wrong dude , an youll be checkin out funerle prices , lest ways yer kin will . show us your work

Doc14
07-22-2010, 9:00 PM
Normal prices around here is $100 an hour for good, sanitary, legit, artist, now from some garage needlin ink slingin hack, not sure depends on who you got as clients........ Any ways good luck on getting a bike man.

nick5
07-22-2010, 9:03 PM
Stop scratchin people up...if ur worth a damn go get an apprenticeship...let's see your kitchen magic

DirtyG
07-22-2010, 9:06 PM
alright douchebag. you posted a smart assed comment on one of my threads so i guess ill do the same.first of all post a pic of your work so we can get an idea of your quality. what part of town are you going to be working in? the ghetto tattoing brothers and sisters? a college town tattooing stupid drunk idiots? a vacation town tattooing fifty year old rich asses? appointment only? from your first post it kinda sounds like your about ready to start apprenticing in a shop. a few of my friends are "bigtime tattooers" ive been around it a longtime. im not a tattoer myself but worked at a shop quite some time. i dont know where im going with this but show us a picture of your work.then ill tell you if your going to be doing 30 dollar kanjis or hourly work.

cheap shit like iv only don 6 tattoos and was paid and 2 of them they paid me 20 bucks each i paid 150 for the kit and my frends think im good i thought i sucked cuz i look at mags and think wow those are great but they are also in the mags so they should be and i went in this place called pacific ink they fuckin suck and they charge 100 per hour so now i think im ok but you be the judge ill put a link to the the first one i did its a pin up on my leg but i dont wannt to aprentes cuz i dont give a shit im just savin up for a bike and the people i tat up are like friends of friends and shit like that but im not any where near the level of paid by the hour at least i dont think
thats the first one i did

http://www.facebook.com/#!/photo.php?pid=31058030&id=1063151924

and this is like the 3rd i think
and the guy gave me 20 bucks

http://www.facebook.com/#!/photo.php?pid=31071718&id=1063151924&fbid=1365859220864

nick5
07-22-2010, 9:15 PM
This is a joke, isn't it? I always fall for shit like this.

DirtyG
07-22-2010, 9:19 PM

no dude its real and they were only my first couple and if you think its bad check out pacific ink in laguna hills mall

Drake93
07-22-2010, 9:24 PM
Charging $20 for a tat, you're gonna be saving for that bike a loooong time.

I think I'll stop commenting there.

badmojo
07-22-2010, 9:33 PM
I would either get tons of practice before you tattoo anyone else,or give up,cos they are BAD!

Sighless
07-22-2010, 9:36 PM
Ok, I'll toss in my 2 cents. You need to learn depth control.This will make for consistent lines width. When you color you need to be more consistent on your circular motion for a solid color. Listen I did apprentice for a while, there is definitely a write way and a wrong way. There are a ton of little things that the DVD won't tell you. It turns out I can draw and airbrush; BUT I cannot tattoo. I'm not knocking your work man, you gotta start somewhere; but I would suggest you learn through the correct channels. Like someone said you might piss off the wrong person and get yourself fucked up OR worse yet sued and loose all your shit. I don't know the laws where your at, here first offense slinging ink without a license......$1500 min fine, 3 months and you can NEVER get a tattoo/body piercing license anywhere.
You strike me as a dude that's gonna do what you want and I hate to be the type that dashes dreams; but you got a lot to learn in that trade. Like I said I tried and failed at it.

Here's one I did AFTER lots of learning.

DirtyG
07-22-2010, 9:39 PM
Charging $20 for a tat, you're gonna be saving for that bike a loooong time.

I think I'll stop commenting there.

well ya see the plan is to build my bike not buy a finished bike if that was what you were thinkin and my buddys dad has a a honda 450 under a bunch of shit in their garage and it dosnt run so hes gonna give it to me for 50 bucks but i have been workin on bikes since i was 6 or so so i know i can get it running and i got a seat for it and a set of 10 inch struts my dad made for his bike but he doesnt like them so there mine and and i used to work for a painter so i know some prety sick tricks also 2 of my very good friends pinstripe so all i need to do is think up a kool way to do some bars and narrow up the tank and there it is i could sell that shit for like 3 grand to some poser and buy my shovle or pan i dont know yet so all you haters eat a dick cuz you dont have to get ink from me and this is the internet right learn how to take a fuckin joke shit

beanhead78
07-22-2010, 9:44 PM

dammit ! he got me too.

DirtyG
07-22-2010, 9:47 PM
Ok, I'll toss in my 2 cents. You need to learn depth control.This will make for consistent lines width. When you color you need to be more consistent on your circular motion for a solid color. Listen I did apprentice for a while, there is definitely a write way and a wrong way. There are a ton of little things that the DVD won't tell you. It turns out I can draw and airbrush; BUT I cannot tattoo. I'm not knocking your work man, you gotta start somewhere; but I would suggest you learn through the correct channels. Like someone said you might piss off the wrong person and get yourself fucked up OR worse yet sued and loose all your shit. I don't know the laws where your at, here first offense slinging ink without a license......$1500 min fine, 3 months and you can NEVER get a tattoo/body piercing license anywhere.
You strike me as a dude that's gonna do what you want and I hate to be the type that dashes dreams; but you got a lot to learn in that trade. Like I said I tried and failed at it.

Here's one I did AFTER lots of learning.

thanks dude you actually said shit that means something and i know what you mean about tatting people that get mad and stuff with laws thats why i do people i know and i never saw a dvd i just started haha but i dont really want to be a tattoo artist like its kool but not as a job ya know but thanks you pointed out some help full stuff

DirtyG
07-22-2010, 9:51 PM
dammit ! he got me too.

whatever bro learn to take a joke
what do you do to make extra money

GoyaNator
07-22-2010, 9:55 PM
i live in south oc so just about everyone here is a douch~cake ill keep tryin but honestly i dont wanna sling ink just want a bike and money is tight

You said it ,then dont do it . If your not gonna respect the art then don't touch another person with a machine,,thats why tattooers hate shit like this, in it for a quick buck ,fuck what it looks like or how bad the skin is fucked up.Theres a ton of other shit involved other than a tattoo and money...fucking diseases!! Honestly find something else to make money,,maybe something your good at,not saying you could never be good at tattooing but if your gonna approach it do it right ,pay your dues and learn the right way,, and plus do you really wanna be known as a hack tattooer who does shit work?
fuck it do what you want man its your life just dont get payed to fuck up other peoples skin

Lonnie
07-22-2010, 9:59 PM
but honestly i dont wanna sling ink just want a bike and money is tight
what in the hell are you thinking then? This isn't about the money or any personal gratification or any of the other bullshit reasons people start tattooing when they shouldn't. It is your responsibility to the person you are tattooing to do the best possible job in the cleanest, healthiest manner. It's not all tit's and asses and hot chicks... more like sweaty, dirty, smelly shop rats and fat chicks trying to distract eyes from their belly rolls. You have to love the art to do it for a living. You stated yourself that you DON"T want to do it, so don't.
Have some respect for the people you would be working on.

sorry to rant, but this isn't like hair that will grow back... big potential for health risk for all involved.

Magickman
07-22-2010, 10:01 PM
well ya see the plan is to build my bike not buy a finished bike if that was what you were thinkin and my buddys dad has a a honda 450 under a bunch of shit in their garage and it dosnt run so hes gonna give it to me for 50 bucks but i have been workin on bikes since i was 6 or so so i know i can get it running and i got a seat for it and a set of 10 inch struts my dad made for his bike but he doesnt like them so there mine and and i used to work for a painter so i know some prety sick tricks also 2 of my very good friends pinstripe so all i need to do is think up a kool way to do some bars and narrow up the tank and there it is i could sell that shit for like 3 grand to some poser and buy my shovle or pan i dont know yet so all you haters eat a dick cuz you dont have to get ink from me and this is the internet right learn how to take a fuckin joke shit

Seriously, are you 12 years old? Your keyboard has a return and punctuation keys, right?

DirtyG
07-22-2010, 10:02 PM
You said it ,then dont do it . If your not gonna respect the art then don't touch another person with a machine,,thats why tattooers hate shit like this, in it for a quick buck ,fuck what it looks like or how bad the skin is fucked up.Theres a ton of other shit involved other than a tattoo and money...fucking diseases!! Honestly find something else to make money,,maybe something your good at,not saying you could never be good at tattooing but if your gonna approach it do it right ,pay your dues and learn the right way,, and plus do you really wanna be known as a hack tattooer who does shit work?
fuck it do what you want man its your life just dont get payed to fuck up other peoples skin

dude i use new needles and tubes every time trust me i dont wanna fuck anyone over with that kinda shit and i do wanna learn but i dont want it as like a job and i practice on that fake skin shit now and its inproving but like if i can make a quick buck why not you know

DirtyG
07-22-2010, 10:06 PM
Seriously, are you 12 years old? Your keyboard has a return and punctuation keys, right?

im 19 and if you dont like how i type dont read it seriously you dont have any thing else to bitch about this thread other than my keybord skills

DirtyG
07-22-2010, 10:19 PM
what in the hell are you thinking then? This isn't about the money or any personal gratification or any of the other bullshit reasons people start tattooing when they shouldn't. It is your responsibility to the person you are tattooing to do the best possible job in the cleanest, healthiest manner. It's not all tit's and asses and hot chicks... more like sweaty, dirty, smelly shop rats and fat chicks trying to distract eyes from their belly rolls. You have to love the art to do it for a living. You stated yourself that you DON"T want to do it, so don't.
Have some respect for the people you would be working on.

sorry to rant, but this isn't like hair that will grow back... big potential for health risk for all involved.

no i want to learn how to do it well but not to make a living extra cash sure i hvent yet asked for money from anyone ive tattooed they just like tip me or whatever and i use new needles tubes gloves and all that shit and tel them how to keep it clean and stuff and i tell them im not that good and show them my work befor i start so all you guys quit cryin about safty and how im a sell out too the tattoo world and this that and the other i use clean stuff i tell them /show them my work and dont ask to be paid if they give me a tip or what ever thats kool but practice is how you get good i know theres ways to get better but im in it for the hobby and if it pays for parts kool and the only reason i asked how pricing was was to see how much you could make if it was your job

beanhead78
07-22-2010, 10:21 PM
whatever bro learn to take a joke
what do you do to make extra money

nothing, my wife has a good job and makes lots of money.

beanhead78
07-22-2010, 10:22 PM
i still dont know how to use this fuckin thing.

DirtyG
nothing, my wife has a good job and makes lots of money.

well your lucky as fuck is that what you wanna hear

GoyaNator
if you don"t wanna commit to being a tattoo artist then don"t pretend to be one,get you a 9-5 make your cash and you still have time to build your bike,i tattoo for a living (professionally ) and stuff like that just makes the customer and the tattooers job even harder,practice skin is a rubber slab and nothing like real skin,go kill you a pig or a chupacabra and tattoo its skin and you might learn something,,i wouldnt be ranting as much if you and a couple of your buddys were just fucking around with the shit tattooing yourselves but just doing it for the quick cash is just wrong,but who the hell am i to tell you whats right or wrong,,hope you figure out a way to get your bike just do it a different way

badmojo
07-22-2010, 10:27 PM
Start giving blow jobs,you might be good at that,hahahaha!!

CRFyou
07-22-2010, 10:29 PM
i'll give you $120 not to tattoo me.

what's your paypal?

DirtyG
07-22-2010, 10:29 PM
if you don"t wanna commit to being a tattoo artist then don"t pretend to be one,get you a 9-5 make your cash and you still have time to build your bike,i tattoo for a living (professionally ) and stuff like that just makes the customer and the tattooers job even harder,practice skin is a rubber slab and nothing like real skin,go kill you a pig or a chupacabra and tattoo its skin and you might learn something,,i wouldnt be ranting as much if you and a couple of your buddys were just fucking around with the shit tattooing yourselves but just doing it for the quick cash is just wrong,but who the hell am i to tell you whats right or wrong,,hope you figure out a way to get your bike just do it a different way

i do have a 6 to 330 and it dosnt pay shit thanks to the ileagles dont wanna get started on that but yeah dont make shit and i respect what you say and read a post i made afew up and you will see that it is me and a few buddys fuckin around and they just paid me a few bucks and i do want to actually become good at the art of tattoo i just dont want it as a job like you

DirtyG
07-22-2010, 10:32 PM
i'll give you $120 not to tattoo me.

what's your paypal?

unfurtunatly i dont have a paypal

CRFyou
07-22-2010, 10:33 PM
unfurtunatly i dont have a paypal

do you take out of state, 3rd party checks?

i really need you to keep that tattoo gun away from me.

DirtyG
07-22-2010, 10:36 PM
go sit on a dick i dont care what you have to say

CRFyou
07-22-2010, 10:40 PM
go sit on a dick i dont care what you have to say

i'm sure your customers would have something to say about your line work.

DirtyG
07-22-2010, 10:43 PM
thank you for your opinion dont think im trying to steal your work and also thanks for pointing a few things out and good night im over this conversation its alot of the same shit over and over and a bunch of dicks that dont have anything to say as im sure you can see if you think theres anything eles to say send me a message tanks again

DirtyG
07-22-2010, 10:46 PM
i'm sure your customers would have something to say about your line work.

well ill let you know if they do and ill ask when my buddy comes over this wekend to get another thing done

SMChewy
07-23-2010, 12:26 AM
I have a couple from a buddy who started the same way. One of them I have already had fixed and added on to, and the other I am working with a artist to cover up, but it's a tribal ( ya ya ya, I know, tribal is gay, blah blah, blah. I was 18 and it was 12 years ago) so it is a bit more difficult to cover. As for the comments your getting, kinda to be expected. You have made some smart ass comments yourself elsewhere on here, and the tough guy photo probably doesn't help. But hey, your 19, some day you will learn what humility is. That is not my point. Even if you are unwilling to put in the time in to apprentice, you need a good artist who can at least point you in the right direction. Humble yourself a little, and ask your local artist who is worth a shit, if you can at least sit in and watch him sometime, or maybe even have him explain what is going on. Go find some books and videos on it from different people, but REMEMBER experience is always better than book knowledge. Through the books you can weed out useful info that is common, and pick out some tips to try. But you need to get as much info from as many different people as you can, since you are not going to sit down and have someone teach you step by step, so you can create your own style. No 2 artist will do any tattoo the same. It took my buddy 5 years before he apprenticed, and he was not bad out of the box. He is now a professional artist, travels around to conventions and competitions, and working in Tucson. Also if you are starting by free handing (even drawing the pattern right on the skin first), stop now. Get some transfer stuff, and draw your pieces on a flat plain till you are comfortable and understand working around the complex curves of a body. Stick to your friends and people you know you can't get in trouble with, and if what they want is questionable in slightest bit, don't do it. Aside from that, PRACTICE, PRACTICE, PRACTICE. The pin-up on your leg is pretty awful, not trying to be a dick, BUT since you did not lay thick outlines it can still be covered up, or possibly fixed. That's all I got for ya.

Jcarter78
07-23-2010, 1:04 AM
I cant believe I'm reading this shit and some of you guys are actually buying into it. There is nothing good about what your trying to do. Tattooing isnt something you just do on the side. Ive been tattooing for 13 years and Im still learning. If your not gonna make it your life then stay the fuck out.

People dont have a reverence for what it is that we do sometimes. We change peoples bodies FOREVER. Dickbags like you who tat zap in their moms kitchens are a fucking blight.( I realize im using big words, Sorry) You have no respect for the fact the your messing people up. People who are obviously just slightly dumber than you for letting you scratch on em.

I realize your young but from he way you spell and having the vocabulary of downs syndrome Juggalo Im convinced that your young and mildy retarded. Possibly fetal alcohol syndrome. Let me just say again tattoing as a hobby is fucked up on many levels. dont do it. However if you do at least some legit tattooer in your area can make some real money doing cover ups on all your shit.

I hate the internet.

Jcarter78
07-23-2010, 1:07 AM
The fact that you dont even have a motorcycle and your on this site makes me think this is all a joke. It has to be.

Jumpstart
07-23-2010, 6:06 AM
Well...that was 6 minutes of my life that I will never get back.

Lonnie
07-23-2010, 8:15 AM
I'll say this then I'm done in this thread.

New needles and gloves does not equate safe tattooing. Here's a few things you need to read up on and put into use...
universal precautions
cross contamination
bloodborne pathogens
proper sanitation

jwhite
07-23-2010, 8:17 AM
Honestly man and I'm totally serious. If I were you and I wanted to make some extra money, just start selling drugs. Unless you want to take tattooing seriously and apprentice with someone and actually learn the art instead of scratching people for 20 dollars a hollar....

I had a good friend from school that wanted to tattoo me for free, he had done maybe 10 tattoos on people who apparently didn't give a shit and I wouldn't let him near me, $20 or free - didn't matter.

Just like anything you get what you pay for. I'll just continue to save up and wait til I can afford to pay one of my guys $150/hr. I know I won't have to hide that shit out of embarrassment.

No offense btw, just educated oneself. Stay strong young brother.

fastlane61
07-23-2010, 10:32 AM
This is so fucking gay!!!!! Who cares what this dumb ass does! This kid wants to be rock star fucking up tattoos and he makes this business go around. You got the dumb asses like this kid fucking them up and us fixing them for a $100 an hr. thanks dick head keep at it !!!!!

jwhite
07-23-2010, 10:56 AM
I found this on stick man's myspace. Not bad, could probably use a retouch in places, but pretty solid work.
http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e110/backwoods00/24.jpg

fastlane61
07-23-2010, 11:57 AM
I found this on stick man's myspace. Not bad, could probably use a retouch in places, but pretty solid work.
http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e110/backwoods00/24.jpg

WTF!!! Looks like someone wipped there ass on his back....

fozz
07-23-2010, 3:43 PM
im getting a negetive feeling on this thread , we all start somewhere , who did the first tattoo artist apprentise to ?????????????????/ ill say no more

DirtyG
07-23-2010, 4:39 PM
I have a couple from a buddy who started the same way. One of them I have already had fixed and added on to, and the other I am working with a artist to cover up, but it's a tribal ( ya ya ya, I know, tribal is gay, blah blah, blah. I was 18 and it was 12 years ago) so it is a bit more difficult to cover. As for the comments your getting, kinda to be expected. You have made some smart ass comments yourself elsewhere on here, and the tough guy photo probably doesn't help. But hey, your 19, some day you will learn what humility is. That is not my point. Even if you are unwilling to put in the time in to apprentice, you need a good artist who can at least point you in the right direction. Humble yourself a little, and ask your local artist who is worth a shit, if you can at least sit in and watch him sometime, or maybe even have him explain what is going on. Go find some books and videos on it from different people, but REMEMBER experience is always better than book knowledge. Through the books you can weed out useful info that is common, and pick out some tips to try. But you need to get as much info from as many different people as you can, since you are not going to sit down and have someone teach you step by step, so you can create your own style. No 2 artist will do any tattoo the same. It took my buddy 5 years before he apprenticed, and he was not bad out of the box. He is now a professional artist, travels around to conventions and competitions, and working in Tucson. Also if you are starting by free handing (even drawing the pattern right on the skin first), stop now. Get some transfer stuff, and draw your pieces on a flat plain till you are comfortable and understand working around the complex curves of a body. Stick to your friends and people you know you can't get in trouble with, and if what they want is questionable in slightest bit, don't do it. Aside from that, PRACTICE, PRACTICE, PRACTICE. The pin-up on your leg is pretty awful, not trying to be a dick, BUT since you did not lay thick outlines it can still be covered up, or possibly fixed. That's all I got for ya.

i agree 100% and the pin up was the first i ever did and since i have fixed it a bit and colored it in a lil and im waiting to get alot better for the face cuz shit was wack im thinkin about covering up the face with a brown bag hahaha but idunno

beanhead78
07-23-2010, 5:07 PM
o.k, o.k, leave the little guy alone. not everyone can be as cool as us. but with some time he will learn.

StoneHead
07-23-2010, 5:23 PM
Until he gives someone hep from a dirty tube and they call the health department and he gets cited and or jailed. Or he scratches an under age kid and gets charged with assault on a minor.

Man I'm as hellbilly as they come and scratchin friends is all fine and good in the beginning because you generally know who is who and has what, but doin it on strangers can get you knee deep in shit real fast if your not careful and clean.

I think I'd sooner sell weed, cut lawns or roll drunks.

DirtyG
07-23-2010, 9:24 PM
o.k, o.k, leave the little guy alone. not everyone can be as cool as us. but with some time he will learn.

thanks im glad you see that i swas just ffuckin with you about your boy

DirtyG
07-23-2010, 9:26 PM
Until he gives someone hep from a dirty tube and they call the health department and he gets cited and or jailed. Or he scratches an under age kid and gets charged with assault on a minor.

Man I'm as hellbilly as they come and scratchin friends is all fine and good in the beginning because you generally know who is who and has what, but doin it on strangers can get you knee deep in shit real fast if your not careful and clean.

I think I'd sooner sell weed, cut lawns or roll drunks.

ok dick nut read all the posts befor you try to talk shit

hugodv01
07-23-2010, 11:06 PM
and I was trying hard to read this shit and was not able too until i walked down the street and picked up an eight ball from the street dealer and snorted a few rails and I went back and I started to read this shit and did a few more rails and now i am kinda understanding and i dont have a hard time following what he is saying and i need like another bump and i think this shit is not good because it burns my nose and it looks blue so it's prob ajax and all the good stuff and dgaf.............

CRFyou
07-23-2010, 11:19 PM
and I was trying hard to read this shit and was not able too until i walked down the street and picked up an eight ball from the street dealer and snorted a few rails and I went back and I started to read this shit and did a few more rails and now i am kinda understanding and i dont have a hard time following what he is saying and i need like another bump and i think this shit is not good because it burns my nose and it looks blue so it's prob ajax and all the good stuff and dgaf.............

i totally believe you are railing some shit right now. hahahha

pretty authentic paragraph.

hugodv01
07-23-2010, 11:38 PM
i totally believe you are railing some shit right now. hahahha

pretty authentic paragraph.

lol, I usually say nope to dope and uggh to drugs. This thread made me re-laps.

bluufunk
07-24-2010, 2:33 AM
What you are doing is dumb and dangerous and outright disrespectful to people in the tattoo community that has worked for years to be able to make their living that way. Scratching like that in someone’s kitchen is the equivalent of trying to chop a frame without any welding experience or anyone to tell you how to do it and then getting on the highway with that thing.

To answer your original question, my artist charges about $150 an hour. About half of that goes to the shop. He has been doing this for at least 10 years and was apprenticed under Brandon Bond (look him up; he is a big deal in that community). For you to even think that you can charge remotely those prices is like me asking how much Chica sells Chops for so I can get a baseline.

SMChewy
07-24-2010, 10:35 AM
Ok. Before I start my rant, let me clarify. I don't know this kid from shit, and I ain't signin up to be his next customer. That being said here are few things to get straight if you didn't read the whole thread or are reading it wrong.

1. He does not have a scratcher. Obviously if he is buying needles and tubes, it's kinda hard to make those work on a fucking bic pen and a walkman motor.

2. He says he buys new tubes and needles every time. So as long as he has a disinfected area to tattoo in, is wearing proper attire (gloves, ect), and is using clean ink cups, and covering all his work surfaces, he is being sanitary.

3. The kid wants another hobby. None of you guys have a fucking hobby? Anyone who doesn't work on bikes professionally for a living, why the fuck are you here then?

4. I have never met even a fucking APPRENTICE who never did a single tattoo before he apprenticed. Doesn't it make sense to make sure you are capable, and enjoy doing something before you dedicate your life to doing it for a living???? And for that matter, how many apprentices make enough money to support themselves and are living ok? Especially in So Cal, one of the most expensive places to live. It's fucking hard as a apprentice. Your the shop bitch, don't make shit for for money, but yes the upside is you have someone showing you whats up and teaching you. I fully understand taking your lumps when starting a new job, and have done it myself a couple times. Maybe he realizes this too, and right now he can't make that commitment. Maybe he checked it out, and realizes he won't starve for 2 years if he keeps his job in construction, while he practices on his buddies and gets better. In time he will learn what works for him, and will probably even learn to fix the shitty one's he's giving his friends now.

5. The kid is 19 and still trying to figure out what he wants to do with his life. This is how you do it. Try new things you are into, see if your good at it, THEN pursue it as a career. Who's to say in 5 years he's not doing it for a living? Did you know exactly what you wanted to do with your life when you were 19? Hell I turn 30 in a few months, went to school and started my current job at 24, and that was after 7 years with the same company in the car audio field. I love what I do now, but I am also working towards opening my own bar and grill. I still don't know what I want to do when I grow up.

Now, back to you Dirty.
1. Until you get good enough to charge, just make your buddies pay for the tubes/needles.
2. You should have thought about your wording on the post. As a lot have said, you simply cannot charge what a artist who does do it for a living does. Maybe in a couple years once you get good, you could charge up to $100 or more an hour. But you aren't anywhere near ready for that right now.
3. You still need some sort of direction from a professional artist. If you cannot put in the time for a full apprenticeship, you need to see what you can do on your days off. This will mean working for free, or even paying someone to let you sit in and explain what they are doing and why. Things like needle depth, the angle your working the skin at, the size and shape of needles (mag, liner, round), how the skin reacts over tight muscle versus fat, all play into this. You could have nasty scarring, or all the ink could fall out during the healing process if not done right. You could stretch the skin the wrong way compared to how your running the gun and wind up with a distorted image. You do need guidance, even if at this time you cannot dedicate your whole life to tattooing.

Sorry for my rant everyone. But I am getting so sick of the blatant shit talking on here lately. It's like everyone caught a case of internet little man's disease all of a sudden. Being sarcastic, or giving someone shit is different than flat out being a cocksucker. I am one of the biggest smart asses I know. But it seems like everyone's a fucking tough guy lately. What do you care, he ain't tattooing you! And before you go talking shit on my post, I'm 6'5" and 255lbs. Think of what you would say to my face before you go all e-thug. Talking shit online when you know you wouldn't in person just makes you look like a pussy. I'll be at Twine Ball next weekend if anyone wants to discuss this in person. Now I gotta get back to work to pay my bills.

CRFyou
07-24-2010, 11:35 AM
Sorry for my rant everyone. But I am getting so sick of the blatant shit talking on here lately. It's like everyone caught a case of internet little man's disease all of a sudden. Being sarcastic, or giving someone shit is different than flat out being a cocksucker. I am one of the biggest smart asses I know. But it seems like everyone's a fucking tough guy lately. What do you care, he ain't tattooing you! And before you go talking shit on my post, I'm 6'5" and 255lbs. Think of what you would say to my face before you go all e-thug. Talking shit online when you know you wouldn't in person just makes you look like a pussy. I'll be at Twine Ball next weekend if anyone wants to discuss this in person. Now I gotta get back to work to pay my bills.

Mile High, He does have a tattoo gun. He bought it for $150.

cheap shit like iv only don 6 tattoos and was paid and 2 of them they paid me 20 bucks each i paid 150 for the kit and my frends think im good

tattoo 101. you get to be an apprentice and practice on grape fruit and sides of pork due to its similarity to human skin.

he went straight to people. and you don't like the shit talking?

what's with your height and weight reference? no one's puffing up like that. i'm 6'5" also. so if we were to fight would it be like how two lightsabers can't cut each other, but they can cut through spaceship doors and shit?

i don't have the weight you do, so maybe my speed makes up for your devastating punches? like i said we're lightsabers... i'll be all quick and agile and you when you connect, i'm stunned for a few. but then i zip around all fast and shit doing less damage, but getting more hits in?

Crazy!!

anyway. the kid had a machine and he's using it. if his friends let him, then whatever. but it's pretty ghetto and he should recognize. get some grapefruit and pork.

Jcarter78
07-24-2010, 11:52 AM
I coming from a different perspective. Mile High. Im now that tattooer thats paid his dues for alot of years and see some littlse shit who has no respect for what he's doing. Just a "hobby" so he can finally get hisself a Cool Bobber. Cuz Dat ShiZZZ Be da Bomb.If you dont understand why some of us would be bummed then I dont know what to tell you.

As far as talking shit.It a forum full of BIKERS! get used to the shit talking and I promise you, anything I'd type on a forum I'll tell you right to your face and if it got down to physical altercations. I assure you I'd back up what ever shit talking I may have spouted. Very few things get under my skin enough to rant about it on the internet. This is one of them. The other is Coke Vs. Pepsi.

beanhead78
07-24-2010, 11:56 AM
I coming from a different perspective. Mile High. Im now that tattooer thats paid his dues for alot of years and see some littlse shit who has no respect for what he's doing. Just a "hobby" so he can finally get hisself a Cool Bobber. Cuz Dat ShiZZZ Be da Bomb.If you dont understand why some of us would be bummed then I dont know what to tell you.

As far as talking shit.It a forum full of BIKERS! get used to the shit talking and I promise you, anything I'd type on a forum I'll tell you right to your face and if it got down to physical altercations. I assure you I'd back up what ever shit talking I may have spouted. Very few things get under my skin enough to rant about it on the internet. This is one of them. The other is Coke Vs. Pepsi.
fuckin pepsi

Jcarter78
07-24-2010, 11:57 AM
Your wrong dude. Coke.

CRFyou
07-24-2010, 11:59 AM
fuckin pepsi

X 2. Motherfuck a pepsi-cola!

Sighless
07-24-2010, 12:04 PM
Fuck that Shasta Tiki Punch muther fuckers!

JH282
07-24-2010, 12:08 PM
Not to be a dick but...

1.You can use a $500 Ciferri machine and still be a scratcher. The tool has nothing to do with the term.

2.He's complaining about how broke he is, but somehow has money for consumables? Disposable tubes, needles, gloves, grommets, bands, ink caps, toungue depressors, petroleum jelly, paper towels, tape, barrier film, surgical soap, transfer paper, tape, madacide, etc. all cost money. At $20 a tattoo, he isn't making shit. If he isn't making shit, he's going to cut corners. It's hard enough to keep a pro shop sanitary. This dude obviously hasn't got a clue. There is no way he is being sanitary.

3.He said himself he's just doing this to buy a bike. This is a get rich quick scheme for him. And at $20 a pop, he's better off working at McDonalds. Bikes are my hobby. I don't build death traps and sell them to people and put their lives at risk.

4.I agree with you, I hacked a couple people up before I got my apprenticeship and most of the tattooers I know did as well. The bottom line is yes, apprenticeships are difficult. They are supposed to be, in order to weed out the posers from the fuckers that really want it. I personally worked a 40 hour a week job at a photolab, and still managed to put in 50+ hours at the shop the same week as an apprentice. This went on for over a year. My good friend was a barback, when he was apprenticing. He was lucky if he got 5 hours worth of sleep a day. Paying dues and chasing dreams isn't supposed to be easy.

5.No, this is not how you do it. Trying something and pursuing it only if you are good at it is pretty lazy if you ask me. If you love something you chase it and make it fucking work. Trying something and giving up on it because it's hard or you aren't gifted at it is pussy shit. There is no way he's is going to be good at it. No one picks up a machine and is good at it. You ask questions and you bust ass, you stay humble and learn to be good at it.

End of rant.

Ok. Before I start my rant, let me clarify. I don't know this kid from shit, and I ain't signin up to be his next customer. That being said here are few things to get straight if you didn't read the whole thread or are reading it wrong.

1. He does not have a scratcher. Obviously if he is buying needles and tubes, it's kinda hard to make those work on a fucking bic pen and a walkman motor.

2. He says he buys new tubes and needles every time. So as long as he has a disinfected area to tattoo in, is wearing proper attire (gloves, ect), and is using clean ink cups, and covering all his work surfaces, he is being sanitary.

3. The kid wants another hobby. None of you guys have a fucking hobby? Anyone who doesn't work on bikes professionally for a living, why the fuck are you here then?

4. I have never met even a fucking APPRENTICE who never did a single tattoo before he apprenticed. Doesn't it make sense to make sure you are capable, and enjoy doing something before you dedicate your life to doing it for a living???? And for that matter, how many apprentices make enough money to support themselves and are living ok? Especially in So Cal, one of the most expensive places to live. It's fucking hard as a apprentice. Your the shop bitch, don't make shit for for money, but yes the upside is you have someone showing you whats up and teaching you. I fully understand taking your lumps when starting a new job, and have done it myself a couple times. Maybe he realizes this too, and right now he can't make that commitment. Maybe he checked it out, and realizes he won't starve for 2 years if he keeps his job in construction, while he practices on his buddies and gets better. In time he will learn what works for him, and will probably even learn to fix the shitty one's he's giving his friends now.

5. The kid is 19 and still trying to figure out what he wants to do with his life. This is how you do it. Try new things you are into, see if your good at it, THEN pursue it as a career. Who's to say in 5 years he's not doing it for a living? Did you know exactly what you wanted to do with your life when you were 19? Hell I turn 30 in a few months, went to school and started my current job at 24, and that was after 7 years with the same company in the car audio field. I love what I do now, but I am also working towards opening my own bar and grill. I still don't know what I want to do when I grow up.

Now, back to you Dirty.
1. Until you get good enough to charge, just make your buddies pay for the tubes/needles.
2. You should have thought about your wording on the post. As a lot have said, you simply cannot charge what a artist who does do it for a living does. Maybe in a couple years once you get good, you could charge up to $100 or more an hour. But you aren't anywhere near ready for that right now.
3. You still need some sort of direction from a professional artist. If you cannot put in the time for a full apprenticeship, you need to see what you can do on your days off. This will mean working for free, or even paying someone to let you sit in and explain what they are doing and why. Things like needle depth, the angle your working the skin at, the size and shape of needles (mag, liner, round), how the skin reacts over tight muscle versus fat, all play into this. You could have nasty scarring, or all the ink could fall out during the healing process if not done right. You could stretch the skin the wrong way compared to how your running the gun and wind up with a distorted image. You do need guidance, even if at this time you cannot dedicate your whole life to tattooing.

Sighless
07-24-2010, 12:59 PM

I have taken the time to talk to MikeHighMurdercycle . He's the type of guy who puts his hand out to the younger bro's on this site (and others). I highly doubt he was puffing his chest out and challenging you or anyone to an argument or a fight. He was more than likely saying we can discuss this as adults, in person to avoid any confusion.
Dirty is young, 19, we as older people should do our best to point him in the right direction. We can talk shit all we want, it wont do any good. When I was 19 I was a know it all prick, if I crossed paths with 19 year old me I'd beet the shit out him.
I agree that @ $20 a pop he wont get the cash he needs for a bike. There are other ways to get the cash, Mc D's, Burger King, shit like that always has part time jobs. Hard work, saving and using the tools at your disposal is what it takes to build a bike that you can truly be proud of. The dude just wants that feeling.

I fucking hate this thread.

beanhead78
07-24-2010, 1:06 PM
i wasnt like" fuckin pepsi dude yeah!" it was more like a " pffttt, fuckin pepsi."
ill take a jack and pepsi just dont sound right.

Jcarter78
07-24-2010, 1:40 PM
I have taken the time to talk to MikeHighMurdercycle . He's the type of guy who puts his hand out to the younger bro's on this site (and others). I highly doubt he was puffing his chest out and challenging you or anyone to an argument or a fight. He was more than likely saying we can discuss this as adults, in person to avoid any confusion.
Dirty is young, 19, we as older people should do our best to point him in the right direction. We can talk shit all we want, it wont do any good. When I was 19 I was a know it all prick, if I crossed paths with 19 year old me I'd beet the shit out him.
I agree that @ $20 a pop he wont get the cash he needs for a bike. There are other ways to get the cash, Mc D's, Burger King, shit like that always has part time jobs. Hard work, saving and using the tools at your disposal is what it takes to build a bike that you can truly be proud of. The dude just wants that feeling.

I dont think anybody was chest puffing at all. I have no ill feelings towards anybody in this thread. I just strongly disagree with the idea of kitchen wizards. I also wouldve kicked the shit out of myself 13 years ago. Im surprised I didnt get beat up. Being large helps I guess and we are pointing him in the right direction. were saying dont fucking do it. Doesnt get much simpler than that.

Did I do a lot of bad tattoos before I got my foot in the door ? yes. Did I charge for them? No. I also knew that tattooing was what I wanted to do until my arms fell off at a very young age. I had my hands, Neck and Arms fully tattoo by the age of 20. I was commited. This dude is not. Period.

Coke

SMChewy
07-24-2010, 2:08 PM
Ok. Rebuttal time:
Jcarter, and JH. You guys are the pros. When my buddies were learning and apprenticing a scratcher was a home made gun, a guy with a real one who didn't know how to use it was a hack. That's all I ever heard of. They were also required to put in a minimum of 40 hrs a week at the shop when they apprenticed. I know your buddy/you worked a ton and apprenticed at the same time. But as I said if he doesn't pick it up fast and isn't able to work another 40, maybe he just can't. It doesn't mean he doesn't want to learn. When you work construction, it's gotta be harder, because from what I remember, my buddy always had to work the early shift at the shop when he was apprenticing, cause it was the time when the owner he was working under had the most free time to teach him. In the evenings when the shop was busy, he had to concentrate on his clients. I know this is always touchy for you guys, because you made a lot of sacrifices to get to where you are. I have told him in both my responses he needs to get help from a pro somehow. I do disagree with you on making it work. Sometimes if you just suck at something, it's time to learn to appreciate those who don't suck at it, and move on. Which isn't to say he won't get to that point. But he is just barely starting, and everyone needs a chance. I highly doubt he will only tattoo till he gets a bike, then drop the gun. It may be his first goal for the extra money he may make, but I doubt his only reason for picking up a gun. I remember when I was that age, every time I'd get a raise, or switch companies, I was like "man my first check I'm getting new wheels for my car" or "I'm gonna go buy this or that when I get this fat pay check". Dude is 19, and as I mentioned before, he's still got some learning to do in life as well as tattooing. That still goes for me as well, I ain't saying I'm sooo old and wise.

CRF,
I see your schwartz is as big as mine! Ha ha. And while you may float like a butterfly, I sting like a bee. Someone clean the circle again.
I enjoy your comments, as well as dude's like Beanheads and Kingdeadbeats. What I am talking about is some guy who just signed up, or just doesn't get it, reads posts like you guy's, doesn't get the sarcasm, and thinks he's gonna be a badass too. Or they just come out of left field with the "you did that to me I'd beat your ass" bullshit. And it's like wait a minute, who the fuck are you? And where the hell did you come from? I guess just lately the funny shit a lot of people have taken too serious and try to be a tough guy about it. Or they sign up, see it, and think they got something to prove. It's just gettin old. I guess the more this place grows the more the vibe will change, it is inevitable. But still, at least the mods lets us do our shit I guess. Thank god it's not like JJ.

I've been given a lot of chances in my life, some of them I grasped and ran with, some I pissed into the wind, only to wish I hadn't blew it. If no one tells him whats up, he is always gonna be lost. The artist who chime in are helping too, good or bad. Even if to only make him think he's gonna prove you wrong. Saying shit like get a fucking apprenticeship or go fuck off may not help much, but I mean looking at his pinup, and the the whole vibe, would you apprentice him right now in your shop? No. But if he keeps practicing, falls in love with tattooing like you guys, and changes his vibe, I bet you would. If you tell him you suck drop the gun now, he isn't going to listen to anyway. And without help, he may never get it. I'm sick of writing essays today. I've said my piece. All this flip-flap about tattooing is making me fiend for some more ink. Good thing I ran into a good artist I used to know on the way to smokeout. Happens to be Scissors883's dad.

SMChewy
07-24-2010, 2:18 PM
Oh ya, COKE motha fucka!!!!

But I prefer Jack and 7's, doesn't take as much away from the taste of the whiskey.

SMChewy
07-24-2010, 2:20 PM

You know where I'm comin from my man. See you next weekend at TBR. I'll bring the Coke, and some good Colorado Whiskey!

MsHeather
07-24-2010, 2:28 PM
Sorry to be a bitch, but you couldn't even pay me to let ya tattoo me.

Boston
07-24-2010, 2:30 PM
You know....this thread has had it's ups and down. Sometimes I read some good stuff on this site...if you weed thru the emotions here, there are some good things being said and THAT, my friends is what makes a worthwile site.

It's been said, when we drop the attitudes, we do have something to say here. The badass comments have got to go, or be a man and confront somebody in their personal's...not in an open forum dragging the whole membership into your drama. That reminds me of the huffer & puffer who calls somebody out in a crowd hoping like a fuck that if he starts to get his ass whooped, somebodys going to step in and stop the beating he's getting...a better game has always been to invite the man for a walk, away from the crowd and give him the same chance to square off when he KNOWS it's do or die time! Know what I'm tryin' to say here? We usually all come to this conclusion, at some point in our life.

Here's a challenge for all of us... learn some humility...drop the tough guy shit and drama in open forum and practice how to "discuss".....

Still appreciating being here...some of you Dudes are cool. ...some have some learnin' to do....

Boston

SMChewy
07-24-2010, 2:41 PM
You know....this thread has had it's ups and down. Sometimes I read some good stuff on this site...if you weed thru the emotions here, there are some good things being said and THAT, my friends is what makes a worthwile site.

It's been said, when we drop the attitudes, we do have something to say here. The badass comments have got to go, or be a man and confront somebody in their personal's...not in an open forum dragging the whole membership into your drama. That reminds me of the huffer & puffer who calls somebody out in a crowd hoping like a fuck that if he starts to get his ass whooped, somebodys going to step in and stop the beating he's getting...a better game has always been to invite the man for a walk, away from the crowd and give him the same chance to square off when he KNOWS it's do or die time! Know what I'm tryin' to say here? We usually all come to this conclusion, at some point in our life.

Be men, learn some humility...drop the tough guy shit and drama in open forum....

Still appreciating being here...some of you Dudes are cool. ...some have some learnin' to do....

Boston

This is exactly what I was trying to say with my "6'5" 255" comment. If you wouldn't say it to my face, don't say it here. I re-read my post and can see how someone thought I was puffin up. Good advice Boston, but that seems to be the norm from you.

@Ms.Heather, at least she started humbly with "I'm sorry", ha ha

beanhead78
07-24-2010, 2:53 PM
shit by the time i was 21 i was sleaved both hands and knuckles. no neck tattoos. but i thought shit im gonna be a tattooer the rest of my life. i got friends in the business so ive never paid for a tattoo. well i bought some machines ( working construction) from spaulding and rogers. put a bunch of shitty tattoos on my legs, but having friends that work at tattoo shops i didnt fuck too many people up. i started an apprenticship pretty fast. at a well known (at the time) tattoo artist shop. i fuckin cleaned tubes, cleaned the shop, traced flash, set up stations for almost a year until i asked what the fuck was up, i wanted to tattoo. i got my ass handed to me by the old man about back when he started yadda yadda yadda. well he then let me start tattooing my friends @ the shop. i was making dick at the tattoo shop and hardly doing any construction. until i got the Jason im pregnant. so i sold my machines and quit the shop and worked construction to take care of my family ever since. well until 2 yrs ago till the bottom fell out. but hey one of my really good friends that had a hard time drawing stick figures when he first started has become pretty big and had a goodtime doing it. google Chad Keoplinger. im serious the dude couldnt even draw stick figures.

rus
07-24-2010, 6:06 PM
i cant believe any of you are bothering to reply to this fucking dipshit.
get the fuck out of my profession you worthless piece of shit.
someone lock this thread.

nick5
07-24-2010, 7:00 PM
Exactly...I have an idea for you dirty g...you should find out who the most traditional artist in your town is. Go in with both hands layed on the desk and tell him how you've been fucking people up in your moms kitchen...

DirtyG
07-25-2010, 2:34 AM
for those of you on my side thanks and for the guy thats thinks i want a cool bobber i dont i want aearly 60s chop or a 70s but a bobber is a stock big twin with a cut down finder not a metalflake trumpet or sportty so yeah posers think thats a bobber and reall bobers are boring and to whoever thought i was cutting corners if i onl mak 20 bucks i use gloves and shit and dont make money and its not about the money its about the love of the art i was just curious thats why i asked i was gonna say something else but i forgot so later

Jcarter78
07-25-2010, 3:11 AM
HAHAHAHHAHAHA! Okay.

fastlane61
07-25-2010, 9:48 AM

Here's a challenge for all of us... learn some humility...drop the tough guy shit and drama in open forum and practice how to "discuss".....

Boston
Boston your a wize old man,maybe alittle soft in your old age but a good guy!!!!
talk to soon

Boston
07-25-2010, 11:04 AM
Boston your a wize old man,maybe alittle soft in your old age but a good guy!!!!
talk to soon

Soft in my old age? Why you pup, I'd .....

Wait a minute...your WAY tooo big for me to fuck with!

well.......OK, your right! .....(How's that for soft.......?)

Boston ;)

beanhead78
07-25-2010, 2:01 PM
Soft in my old age? Why you pup, I'd .....

Wait a minute...your WAY tooo big for me to fuck with!

well.......OK, your right! .....(How's that for soft.......?)

Boston ;) soft and old? ha! so i prolbably can kick your ass cause im way younger and have more stamina. nevermind the fact i almost has a heart attack push mowing the ditch. took three smoke breaks and four beer breaks just to mow the ditch.

Boston
07-25-2010, 2:43 PM
soft and old? ha! so i prolbably can kick your ass cause im way younger and have more stamina....

Yup. No doubt about it! I'm over the hill! Except I can kick the shit otta' KRACKERASS 's lard butt!!!! HaHaHaHaHaHaHahA! Fuck'em if he can't take a joke...he reminds me of a wanna-be BIGTIME!!!!

http://i294.photobucket.com/albums/mm82/Bobber59/Krackerass.jpg

But what's that saying...."I'm not as good as I once was...but I'm as good ONCE as I ever was"!!!!!!

Boston

Hooligan80
07-25-2010, 3:28 PM

To some poser? Really? This coming from a scratcher...Got a question for you: Do you know proper sterilization techniques? Do you know how to prevent cross contamination,proper prep techniques? How to do a cleaning pass on a freshly tattooed area? Haters eat a dick? Really? Go in to a respectable shop and watch how quickly an artist that's paid his dues throws you out or breaks your hands. You are no where near the quality of work to be asking what you should be charging,nor should you be talking shot to anyone about being a poser. And yeas,I know many people in the industry,including Roman Lee,Nikko Hurtado,Corey Miller,Atom Turk,Anthony Celestino,John Montgomery,Gill Montie,Aaron Funk,and a slew of others. Hopefully you never have to do script,because your spelling sucks ass.

Anstine
07-25-2010, 3:58 PM
Dude, its not even the bad tattoos that are the real problem. You just want to make quick cash. You say its for a bike so people here would sympathize with you.
Look up MRSA, staph infections, hep c. Those things can live in your fucking carpet or stay alive on surfaces for a long time. You could be spreading diseases every time you do a fucking tattoo and you wouldnt even know it.
Go get a real fucking job and make some real money, cos tattooing aint gonna pay you shit for a long time. Trust me. Sorry that the "illegals" are taking your work. But thats not the tattoo worlds fault. Stop giving the rest of us a bad name with you kitchen magician-ship.
You're going about it all wrong and your attitude is all wrong.

rus
07-25-2010, 6:40 PM
no, really, why are any of you paying any attention to this piece of shit?
let this shit die.

Boston
07-25-2010, 7:17 PM
no, really, why are any of you paying any attention to this piece of shit?
let this shit die.

It's WAY past the original post now! What were we talking about anyway?

JRussell
07-25-2010, 8:32 PM
Not totally sure if its a real poster or not.

beanhead78
07-25-2010, 9:12 PM
hey boston, your avatar dont do you no justice. your one handsome sumbitch.

Boston
07-25-2010, 10:16 PM
hey boston, your avatar dont do you no justice. your one handsome sumbitch.

Modesty out the window...."You're DAMN STRAIGHT!"....

.......But...... that's KRACKERASS, the homely sumbitch in my post...NOT ME!!!!!!!!!!!!

THIS IS ME...I'm the one on the left...see the missing right pointer finger from my primary case accident (that's another thread)!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://i294.photobucket.com/albums/mm82/Bobber59/jimchristmasparty-1.jpg

badmojo
07-25-2010, 11:07 PM
Ouch!!!

beanhead78
07-26-2010, 8:42 PM
Modesty out the window...."You're DAMN STRAIGHT!"....

.......But...... that's KRACKERASS, the homely sumbitch in my post...NOT ME!!!!!!!!!!!!

THIS IS ME...I'm the one on the left...see the missing right pointer finger from my primary case accident (that's another thread)!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://i294.photobucket.com/albums/mm82/Bobber59/jimchristmasparty-1.jpg

goddammned your an ugly sumbitch!

StoneHead
07-27-2010, 5:10 PM
ok dick nut read all the posts befor you try to talk shit

Oh *Sniffle* he cussed at me!

badmojo
07-27-2010, 10:57 PM
Oh *Sniffle* he cussed at me!

Look out,he might cyber kick yo ass!!

jwhite
07-28-2010, 8:25 AM
I feel like if you were to go over to this dude's house for your tattoo appointment, this would be the scenario.
Walk in and some tweaker girlfriend is taking bong hits on the couch
Half eaten Ramen noodles in bowl on the coffee table and dirty dishes stacked up in the sink
Baby crying in a crib over in the corner
Dude clears off the kitchen table and chain smokes Marlboro Reds while blaring Godsmack or Mudvayne while he's tattooing you. Only stopping to yell at the old lady to tell her to make the kid stop crying.
Oh yeah, and a pitbull humping a mutt in the other corner next to the litter box for the old lady's 4 cats.

Yeah, I've been giving it some thought.

NHMike
07-28-2010, 10:03 AM
I think it's cool that I'm at work and just got paid to read this whole thing. I'm glad I didn't do it at home, I would've been PISSED.

Realistically Tattoo artists get paid by thier experience and quality of work. If you're charging $20/per, I'd say that's right in line.

Hooligan80
07-28-2010, 10:17 AM
I think it's cool that I'm at work and just got paid to read this whole thing. I'm glad I didn't do it at home, I would've been PISSED.

Realistically Tattoo artists get paid by thier experience and quality of work. If you're charging $20/per, I'd say that's right in line.

Try he should be paying us,or at least buy one of us lunch to let him do that shaky scribble on us. He should be charging Free O Free..

badmojo
07-28-2010, 11:38 AM
He is charging $20 too much IMO,get a real fuckin job you fuckin hack!!!

NHMike
07-28-2010, 12:33 PM
He is charging $20 too much IMO,get a real fuckin job you fuckin hack!!!

I guess I'm just oo damn kind, hahahahahaha.

badmojo
07-28-2010, 1:48 PM
Yes you are!!

TemeculaTerry
07-28-2010, 8:18 PM
Yeh, your a hack dude...

I was trying to stay out of this, but fuck dude! as I looked at the pics you posted more clearly it actually pissed me off - then to say you dont give a fuck you just need the money makes me actually want to hit ya...

Like many have said, go get a job! the time you have put in trying to do something that is plainly a waste of time as well money you could be out making a living to buy your dream bike, further more, as many bitch slaps you have taken here maybe street walkin is the job for you - lol

KIRKtheJERK
07-28-2010, 8:49 PM
Yeh, your a hack dude...

I was trying to stay out of this, but fuck dude! as I looked at the pics you posted more clearly it actually pissed me off - then to say you dont give a fuck you just need the money makes me actually want to hit ya...

Like many have said, go get a job! the time you have put in trying to do something that is plainly a waste of time as well money you could be out making a living to buy your dream bike, further more, as many bitch slaps you have taken here maybe street walkin is the job for you - lol

+1 Seriously. Go get a job, and please start caring about something. You're not going to make "quick cash" by tattooing unless you're actually GOOD at tattooing, and unsurprisingly, you're pathetic. It takes time, like everything.

Like others have pointed out, there really isn't any reason for you to be in this board in the first place unless you are asking SERIOUS questions about bikes, and actually trying to learn something instead of starting a BS thread like this.

It is actually insulting to those of us who actually give a horse's ass about good tattoos.

Go away or caring about something.

Jasonisdico
07-28-2010, 10:26 PM
I'm in SoCal also. And have family where this kid's from. I should take a ride up there on my 'cool bobber' and teach him a thing or two. Then maybe a couple of the PROFESSIONAL artists can hook it up with some ink to add to my collection for taking care of this 19 y.o. problem.

Jasonisdico
07-28-2010, 10:31 PM
I'm in SoCal also. And have family where this kid's from. I should take a ride up there on my 'cool bobber' and teach him a thing or two. Then maybe a couple of the PROFESSIONAL artists can hook it up with some ink to add to my collection for taking care of this 19 y.o. problem.

rustrocket84
07-29-2010, 12:15 AM
I feel like if you were to go over to this dude's house for your tattoo appointment, this would be the scenario.
Walk in and some tweaker girlfriend is taking bong hits on the couch
Half eaten Ramen noodles in bowl on the coffee table and dirty dishes stacked up in the sink
Baby crying in a crib over in the corner
Dude clears off the kitchen table and chain smokes Marlboro Reds while blaring Godsmack or Mudvayne while he's tattooing you. Only stopping to yell at the old lady to tell her to make the kid stop crying.
Oh yeah, and a pitbull humping a mutt in the other corner next to the litter box for the old lady's 4 cats.

Yeah, I've been giving it some thought.

I'm thinking the opposite of this: Still living at home complaining about how hard it is to make it in the real world. Guessing by the hours he said he works, 6 to 330, I'm thinking he is a laborer or runner for his dad's construction business, making $15 or more an hour, and is pissed off at the Mexican's that are there working with him.

And I'm glad I don't have fuckmyfacebook and couldn't see the pictures.

A little bit of advice: Put down the Xbox, get out of the house and go to Saddleback and take a fucking ESL class, because your grammar is fucking atrocious (i think you'd use the word wack). I imagine you speak worse english than the Punjab that answers the technical service phones for Dell. Learn to read, write, and speak and maybe you would be able to secure some sort of gainful employment.

badmojo
07-29-2010, 11:02 AM
i'm thinking the opposite of this: Still living at home complaining about how hard it is to make it in the real world. Guessing by the hours he said he works, 6 to 330, i'm thinking he is a laborer or runner for his dad's construction business, making $15 or more an hour, and is pissed off at the mexican's that are there working with him.

And i'm glad i don't have fuckmyfacebook and couldn't see the pictures.

A little bit of advice: Put down the xbox, get out of the house and go to saddleback and take a fucking esl class, because your grammar is fucking atrocious (i think you'd use the word wack). I imagine you speak worse english than the punjab that answers the technical service phones for dell. Learn to read, write, and speak and maybe you would be able to secure some sort of gainful employment.

+1000

smitty476
01-29-2013, 9:50 PM
good tattoos arent cheap, cheap tattoos arent good

rigidchop
01-29-2013, 10:17 PM
You seriously brought up a 3 year old thread that was going nowhere?

LEGACYTATTOO701
01-29-2013, 11:07 PM
Get a fuckin apprentice ship u piece of shit! I hope up stab urself and get hep c...Bitch

904Punk
01-29-2013, 11:15 PM
good tattoos arent cheap, cheap tattoos arent good

What if you have a friend who is a really good tattoo artist but isn't full of himself like 93% or the artist out there and does all your work for next to nothing? :)

matttatts
01-30-2013, 12:21 AM
What if you have a friend who is a really good tattoo artist but isn't full of himself like 93% or the artist out there and does all your work for next to nothing? :)

i dont know bout the inkers you know but my rates arent tyed to my ego they tied to my mortgage, power, heat, phone, computers, inks, land tax, buiness tax, supply costs, time and experiance.

lots of tattooers are rockstar fuck sticks no doubt but rates are rates cuz buisness is buisness cabrone :cool:

904Punk
01-30-2013, 12:33 AM
i dont know bout the inkers you know but my rates arent tyed to my ego they tied to my mortgage, power, heat, phone, computers, inks, land tax, buiness tax, supply costs, time and experiance.

lots of tattooers are rockstar fuck sticks no doubt but rates are rates cuz buisness is buisness cabrone :cool:

My apologies, I suppose that could've been a bit harsh. I know artist have overhead and need to pay bills, just the "rockstar fuck sticks" that I can't stand, which seem to be more common than the cool dudes. :cheersmate:

cwest
01-30-2013, 1:14 AM
A new needle and tube means jack shit buddy. There's FAR more than that to be sterile lol. If its about the art and not the money put you big boy pants on and lick your wounds and find an apprenticeship. I earned my way into tattooing. And any respectful artist ain't gunna give you anything but an ass chewin until you show them your hungry for learning how to tattoo. And on a final note there ain't no good money in tattooing until you have a few years under your belt. Trust me I been doin it 14 years

NeoDutch
01-30-2013, 1:31 AM
Old threads aren't interesting, interesting threads aren't old.

Jetblack
01-30-2013, 1:32 AM
Wow man; if you want to do something for extra scratch and don't mind fucking people up, sling dope not ink, at least a high wears off. I can't tell you how much fun it used to be fixing all the horrendous shit that came into my shop out of kitchens from quick cash guys.

Yeah I started on myself; with a fucking Spaudling and Rogers kit, but I wanted it as a career. I practiced my ass off on myself and only dropped ink on a friend I had since the 4th grade after his constant begging.

Others would ask and to throw them off; I'd flick my lighter and say is this kind of sterilization good enough for you? But it doesn't really sound like you even care about that. There's more to clean than disposable needles and tubes; there's a sterile chain of event's that must always be followed. Anything you touch in the process is contaminated, if you need more ink in your cup during...what do you do? If you say anything other than grab the bottle and put some in you're full of shit...

I went in to get some professional work; and the artist commented on solid my black fields were and asked who did it. I said myself with a tight 3 liner...he sat back and said with a 3 why? I said it was the last sterile needle I had, and pressure cookers don't work. Well, my door was opened into the business.

Some other guys started out the same way, but you need to get some respect for the industry, learn it's roots, toss the ebay kit aside and learn by putting in the time the right way, most apprentices in a shop don't even touch a machine in under a year. But you don't wanna do that; you think you're taking a shortcut to fat stacks, and have no interest in it as a career...just when I thought scratching couldn't get any worse; this hip-hop street cred bullshit comes along.

You're a young dude; that needs to drop the people trying to hate nonsense; people are actually trying to educate you, through the wisdom they've learned...and no one in their right mind is going to give you pointers and tips that could fuck someone else up for life. Even if you wanted tattooing as a career...you're going about it in the worst possible way.

There's no Heisenburg here Chachi.

cwest
01-30-2013, 1:41 AM
Holy shit I just seen this thread was 3 years old ha ha my bad

904Punk
01-30-2013, 1:47 AM
Holy shit I just seen this thread was 3 years old ha ha my bad

Lol that's why I didn't respond to the op, just the guy going around bumping these ancient threads. ;)

Jetblack
01-30-2013, 2:23 AM
Still important for anyone looking to make scratch from scratch... old as this thread is new Chachi's come along daily. I'd hate to be in the business since all the reality whoring started...I feel bad for the guys battling it in the field, it wasn't nearly as bad or wide spread in the early to mid 90's.

matttatts
01-30-2013, 10:32 AM
My apologies, I suppose that could've been a bit harsh. I know artist have overhead and need to pay bills, just the "rockstar fuck sticks" that I can't stand, which seem to be more common than the cool dudes. :cheersmate:

I really dont like chargin people at all. Tattooes are expensize. I make some purdy good friends over the years and they are always hardest to bill out but they all know its how i feed my family.

I do a lot of trading with people aswell tho. i like to keep the green dollar goin so if can swap ink with people that have some thing i want or need then it works our good for every one