PDA

View Full Version : Gimme a break

BullDog
08-25-2009, 8:04 PM
Can we stop the F!@@!#$$%$@! waving already? I thought this little fad would fade away after a couple years but it ain't yet. And of course it's got to be the "too cool for school" reach as low as you can out to your left kindof wave. Hey guess what? That's a left turn stupid. Come on, don't confuse the cages.

I throw 'em a curve once in a while and let go of the bars and give the 2 handed-speed-freak-howdy-doodie wave. They don't know if I'm just a complete retard or making fun of them.

Ok, I'm done ranting. Try to wake up in a better mood tomorrow.

BullDog

earz
08-25-2009, 8:19 PM
Piss + cheerios = bad day (I kid, I kid)

I try to wave at everybody on a bike. I look at it as if I was walking past you instead of riding past you, I'd say "hi".

CreepyJack13
08-25-2009, 8:27 PM
If I get a wave or a nod, I try to reciprocate. Mostly, though, I'm dodging potholes and homicidal drivers, so I don't always notice.

eightthirtysixcc
08-25-2009, 8:42 PM
"Gimme a break"

Why does every single 2-wheel message board have to have one of these? Do if you want, don’t if you won't. Life's not any more complicated than that.

Personally I prefer the double thumbs up fonzie.

5ivepointluke
08-25-2009, 9:00 PM
junk pile

crass
08-25-2009, 10:11 PM
all cops are bastards

GrayMitchell
08-25-2009, 10:42 PM
next time they wave at you just point at them until they pass, that will really confuse them...

redsox716
08-25-2009, 10:43 PM
http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/61A6PVznayL._SL500_AA280_.gif

If I'm not busy... you know.... riding....

but yea it gets annoying by the end of the day.

imtheslime
08-25-2009, 11:22 PM
Just affix a mannequin arm to your bike in the appropriate location, problem solved.

swellguy
08-25-2009, 11:28 PM
I'm not waving, I'm changing gears.

justin666
08-25-2009, 11:35 PM
If I get a wave or a nod, I try to reciprocate. Mostly, though, I'm dodging potholes and homicidal drivers, so I don't always notice.

haha, this sounds about right

fouraceswes
I took the motorcycle safety course in 1988, my instructor said to do it, back then there were no RUBS, very few posers, ricky rocket types and no flannels/vans combos. I wave because it is (oh shit here it comes!!) old school. You young guys just wanna hate everything, throw tradition out the window, deviate from stock! You goddamned DEVIANTS!!! (Oh crap I think I just did an old man rant, FUCK!!)

ChoppyGee
I do the old school fist up high like my old uncle showed me. Lets them really know you see them and those who don't know thats the old way get a goofy look on their face plus they can see it from across the super slab.

EnglandStGarage
08-26-2009, 2:09 PM
I WAS a selective waver. ive had many sportbikes and harleys over the years. sportbikes themselves are an incredible ride but i absolutely hate the sportbike scene so i don't really wave at the guys with helmet mohawks, a t-shirt with back protector or the shorts and flip-flop death combo and they don't usually wave to me when im riding my chops.
i usually only get waves from guys on harleys when im riding my harley as well.
So now i just stare at people when they wave at me to make things awkward. unless their on a cool bike then ill give the thumbs up.

DirtyPile
08-26-2009, 2:32 PM
I like to switch it up, parade wave, fist in the air, the nod, peace, left foot kick, touchdown, you know keep em guessin'

kromsucks
08-26-2009, 2:35 PM
the wave is super gay when the guy is on a turqoise honda shadow

BullDog
08-26-2009, 3:50 PM
Yep, I was right.....better mood today. I guess I get like that every time I have to stop by the stealership. DB central.

I like the idea of the mannequin arm...LOL

philbey
08-26-2009, 5:45 PM
even funnier if you wave a real dismembered arm at them, that'll make em think twice.

TurboTony
08-26-2009, 5:51 PM
i give 'em the "thumbs up Jesus" from Dogma....good for laughs

BlueCollarMoto
08-26-2009, 6:30 PM
Or you could do this.

http://i253.photobucket.com/albums/hh64/BLUECOLLARMOTO/Sinners%2009%20small/obama3040.jpg

philbey
08-27-2009, 12:18 AM
That'd be fun times steering when your doing 100 on the open road...

gravelveins
08-27-2009, 9:45 AM
i try to share the love...riding a bike is sorta like a brotherhood thing anyways...something that people who have never ridden will never understand....that's my twenty cents.

boogieman
08-27-2009, 5:54 PM
I recently joined the big wrench club, half nuts club and the pepper spary club, you assholes better wave or you're in for a world of trouble.

HAHA Just kiddin!

Man that would be messed up huh? Somebody waves, gets pissed you dont then starts beating your ass. Of course it would be even better if they were in shiny new leathers that matched their paint job. Or the dude on the pink bike with the poodle... Wow that would make a good youtube video.

BigDawg
08-27-2009, 7:55 PM
I wave if I'm in a good mood and don't if I don't feel like it. I never initiate the wave.

Cap'n Cornhole said it best on LTTP (RIP).

"I'm not waving, asshole. I'm shifting."

KT
08-27-2009, 9:33 PM
Sometimes I feel like I am being rude if I dont wave but then at the same time I don't wave unless waved at .....it has always felt weird to me and I always think WTF why are you waving at me? ..you dont know me ....and god damnit I dont want you coming over in my lane just cause your worried about waving watch where ya going and dont worry about me ......I'm worried about the ass hat bearin down on me in his big shit throwing truck .........

I did my good deed today for a fellow biker though ...was on my way back from a job I had to run
( I do internet repair for the electic company here drive a average of 500-1000 miles a week)

Anyways dude was broke down on state route 50 in southern ohio and his old lady was standing out trying to watch for traffic ...they didnt have much room to get off the road....

So I parked my work truck infront of them and used my safety hazards to give em a little peace while I helped dude try to get his bike running ..people might not see a bike till to late, but they sure as hell wasnt going to hit my big work truck or not see it ......

I was going to block them from the back but was worried someone would swerve around me not seeing the bike infront and clip dude ....Anyways dude couldn't get it running so I let him use my cell and call a buddy up the road to come get it ....

I can tell you one thing I am glad I own a light and easy to push Triumph instead of a big ass harley like we had to load today ....Took all 3 guys and his ol lady to load it LOL

Anyways theres my short novel damn I need to be a writer instead of a line tech.....Laters

enzo
03-02-2011, 3:01 PM
i dnt care

ChoppyGee
03-02-2011, 3:53 PM
you're awesome to resurrect this thread for that. good on ya, way to be, atta boy.

Spoke
03-02-2011, 3:53 PM
You brought this back from the dead to say that! Let this one stay dead.:kill:

vnygra
03-02-2011, 3:58 PM
^^^^. You brought back a 2 year old thread to say you don't care?

ChoppyGee
03-02-2011, 4:06 PM
^^^^. You brought back a 2 year old thread to say you don't care?

clearly he cares a significant amount.

Ryno
03-02-2011, 5:51 PM
He didn't say he "don't" care...he said he "dnt" care.

clearly he cares a significant amount.

mplsdave
03-02-2011, 5:59 PM
2 vowels short of donut!