PDA

View Full Version : Cops love fucking biker's up don't they?

number1son
07-06-2010, 4:22 PM
Shttp://www.kvue.com/news/Motorcycle-accident-caused-by-APD-raises-questions-97821589.htmlorry I could not embed this but worth looking at unless your squemish about accident's.

ARBY
07-06-2010, 8:16 PM
I didn't see anything on the video or the news report that would indicate that the officer "loved" hitting the motorcyclist. Unfortunately the officer ran a stop sign because his attention was directed somewhere else. It was an accident.

Definition:
accident - noun /ˈŠk.sɪ.dənt/ n [C]
something bad which happens that is not expected or intended, and which often damages something or injures someone

beanhead78
07-06-2010, 9:37 PM
ok im gonna be the dick here. the cops an idiot for not paying attention but hes in a car. the guy on the bike is a bigger idiot for not paying attention, cause he is on a bike. like seeing the asshole blowing through a four way intersection feet up, one handed , and never slowing down. my mom always told me to look both ways before you cross the street

SMChewy
07-06-2010, 9:42 PM
The whole situation sucks and could have easily been avoided. My only point is that if it is illegal to text and drive, then cops shouldn't be able to type on their computer and drive either. How is one any less of a distraction than the other? Pull off to the side of the road, get out of traffic, then handle your business. Cop, fireman, banker, or teeny bopper. Everyone! PERIOD.

shop102
07-06-2010, 9:46 PM
im with beanhead. we as motorcyclists HAVE to be on the defense at ALL times. doesnt matter that he was a cop or a teenager texting, it was an accident. But could have been avoided (maybe) if the rider was on his toes. all im saying is that i have learned ALOT from the times i have gone down. Both were my fault NOT the guy who slammed on his brakes in front of me

Hooligan80
07-07-2010, 5:35 AM
That cop ought to get fired for lying. Especially when his story doesn't match up at all with the tape. The cop said he thought he(the cop) was idling when he checked his computer,yet the video shows he didn't even bother to brake at the stop sign where he hit the rider. If you're going to lie because you have a badge and think you can get away with it,make sure your camera doesn't show that you never bothered to stop- at a stop sign.

ARBY
07-07-2010, 6:57 AM
I didn't say the officer shouldn't face discipline for the crash. I didn't say that the rules don't apply to everyone, even though state law provides that operators of emergency vehicles are exempt from electronic communication while in motion. Safe operation of a motor vehicle should be paramount. My issue was not with the facts of the incident gents, my issue was with the title of the post.

Also, reference the "lying" thing, his statement that "I thought I was idling" was likely in response to a question about his speed not about whether or not the vehicle was in motion. Sometimes news reports have a habit of reporting things a little out of context. An unfortunate incident all around because neither party was paying attention so I will again bring up the term "accident."

StoneHead
07-07-2010, 7:45 AM
There's no denying the cop was at fault, but the point in contention about us needing to be on the ball when we ride is no less valid.

When I ride, I ride like I expect some ass hat to pull out in front of me or that cagers are out to hit me intentionally. I call it offensive driving..... And as many times as I've been almost hit, or have been run off the road, literally, it still seems to serve me well. (knock on skull)

It's not "if" they're going to pull out or hit you, it's that they are and you need to ride accordingly.

jmho

shop102
07-07-2010, 7:51 AM
there's no denying the cop was at fault, but the point in contention about us needing to be on the ball when we ride is no less valid.

When i ride, i ride like i expect some ass hat to pull out in front of me or that cagers are out to hit me intentionally. I call it offensive driving..... And as many times as i've been almost hit, or have been run off the road, literally, it still seems to serve me well. (knock on skull)

it's not "if" they're going to pull out or hit you, it's that they are and you need to ride accordingly.

Jmho

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaamen!!!!

LiPcHiTs65
07-07-2010, 9:03 AM
Fuck that pig basterd! he can sit on the side of the road wating to fuck someones day up, But he cant stop to fuck with his phone or what ever it was.(I SAY WE HAVE A PIG ROSTE!!!!)

number1son
07-07-2010, 2:49 PM
[QUOTE=ARBY;74092]I didn't see anything on the video or the news report that would indicate that the officer "loved" hitting the motorcyclist. Unfortunately the officer ran a stop sign because his attention was directed somewhere else. It was an accident.

I meant it slightly ironic.I should have titled it cops fucking up seems to fuck bikers up often.Iam just glad that I haven't been put on blast for using biker in the title.

A cop patroling his turf and not paying attention to his suroundings is bullshit he probably ran that stop sign several times before I have see the cops in my town do it on several occations.He most likely gave a quick glance and went for it.

I agree that you have to be looking out for that kind of shit.Saying that he was somehow responsible is like saying a rape victim was asking for it by the way she was dressed.Give the old guy a break he's like 70 or something like that. Also why was the cop back at work a few day's later he probably should have held some sort of remorse for it.Cop's shot people they get time off for emotional distress.

F.T.P.

Steze
07-07-2010, 4:26 PM
The officer was negligent. Meaning he did not do it on purpose but he is still at fault. He will likely be separated from duty and the city will end up paying the bill. The reason police officers are allowed to use their computers while driving is so they can run plates before pulling someone over. If you have ever been followed by a cop for a while, he was probably running your plates. This was not an accident because it was preventable, but it is negligence, which gives the rider standing for a lawsuit.
Having said that we must all be aware of drivers around us because their negligence can kill you. It is not on purpose but it is no accident.
There are no such things as traffic ACCIDENTS, unless you get struck by lightning or some other uncontrollable act, they are all instances of negligence.

Sighless
07-07-2010, 8:21 PM
The whole situation sucks and could have easily been avoided. My only point is that if it is illegal to text and drive, then cops shouldn't be able to type on their computer and drive either. How is one any less of a distraction than the other? Pull off to the side of the road, get out of traffic, then handle your business. Cop, fireman, banker, or teeny bopper. Everyone! PERIOD.

EXACTI-FUCKING-LY!! Everyone PERIOD.
Police are here to protect and serve. They uphold the law; but are not above the law. Put your God damn phone down for 10 fucking minutes. Texting and driving, using your computer and driving , it's illegal for a reason.
I do agree with those who saying we as riders have to pay extra attention. BUT the cop should have pulled over and stopped. It's a shitty deal and I hope the Old Man pulls through and sues the shit out of officer dumb ass.
Just my opinion.

bobbed06
07-08-2010, 10:00 PM
Police are completely worthless. I have never had a situation that was remedied by calling one of those idiots. Instead I was always left with the wish I had taken care of it myself running thru my head over and over again. They are usually complete idiots who got a badge because their damn mommy dressed them funny thru high school and they got beat on. So now they shoot up steroids and wear xtra small shirts on their medium sized asses and hang out at local teen dances to try and score pussy.. I see police always letting people get by with texting and driving even though its against the law in NC. I have had instances where a teeny was texting on a 4 lane and decided to stop in the road at rush hour and go back to an exit. The speed limit was 50MPH and I was behind her!! Cop just buzzes on by me and doesnt even let me over to avoid being a fuckin sandwich. Fuckin pigs

fozz
07-09-2010, 1:40 PM
i allways thought right of way ment right of way so most of you are saying bikers have gotta stop look both ways then proceed ,even though they have right of way ,,Fuck lets fit training wheels to our bikes crash bars radar airbags seatbelts , wear dayglow gear travel 5 mph with a person walking 5 yrds ahead with a flag an whistle warning outhers were there ,, or people could simply open there eyes , oh yea if the cops from that town he d know the intersection was there he s probly ticketed 100 s fa running it an probly gave em a lecture to,,,,,,,,