PDA

View Full Version : Oldschool Garage Socal- Help anybody?

Ghost
09-27-2017, 5:19 PM
Does anybody have any info on this shop? What about Manuel Muller?
The reason I ask is January 2016 I was looking for a person/shop to build me a custom bike. I looked around and saw this builder on Instagram and he Manuel Muller had a decent following and pics of his builds. I messaged him a few times to talk about him doing a build for me. We talked on the phone and we came to an agreement about him building a bike for me and what the time frame and cost would be. I paid him up front via cashiers checks on that agreement that it would take 4-6 months and cost $8,500.Every month or so I would check up on the progress and he would tell me and even send a pic or two. Fast forward 6 months I was being told it would be done but he was either working on it or sourcing parts. So come 9 months later I was told by Manuel that Mongols broke into the shop and stole all the bikes and that they were getting the police involved as well as the insurance company to pay out customers. I waited again for this process but was completely upset and could not believe this bs story,I was even told that the insurance company would contact me directly to refund me. This has been going on a year and a half and I'm at a total loss on money and what else can I do on my end.

Benny74
09-27-2017, 6:53 PM
Have you actually gone to the shop?

Tattooo
09-27-2017, 8:00 PM

I was wondering the same thing.... It doesn't sound like it to me.........

MadRiverMoCo
09-28-2017, 8:11 AM
Manuel Muller The Customizer (FB page here (https://www.facebook.com/oldschoolgarage.org/)) doesn't have the best reputation. The info is out there. Time to start digging. Shops in Long Beach are worth calling. They'll know.

farmall
09-28-2017, 8:51 AM
Never, ever, ever pay everything in advance the way OP did. Not ever. I'd advance parts money after being provided a specific invoice for all items. Labor can wait until the job is done and that way both parties are better protected since the shop isn't out any money and if customer is killed by a falling fat chick the shop has the items of value.

Honest shops and customers are fine with mutual protection and documenting such large transactions.

Always use a credit card so you can file a chargeback if needed. You have near zero leverage as a private citizen in the real world, so unleash the wrath of Visa.

Excuse is bullshit without a police report and sounds like utter BS anyway. Who in their right mind would accuse a club without ironclad proof? It would be sweet if you got that accusation on an email...

What you were told conveniently omits giving YOU the insurance company contact info so you can go direct. Then you'll find out it's bullshit since the insurance company relationship is with the BUSINESS and the supposedly stolen property isn't yours because it was never conveyed to you and you are not the insurance beneficiary!

That's a horrible way to learn the lesson you should either build your own, buy a runner, or stick with stock motorcycles and ride.

Since apparently OP doesn't own the motorcycle in question he can't call it in stolen.

See a lawyer, now. A forum is no substitute. Unless you can prove fraud if the business folds you are likely screwed.

For everyone else, build most of your own only outsourcing shit like machine shop work etc or you don't need a chopper. If you aren't fully erect about to learn to wrench which is fundamental to being a real biker, choose another hobby.

Chopping and customizing are as much or more about what you become doing the work as what you end up with.

Benny74
09-28-2017, 9:35 AM
Never, ever, ever pay everything in advance the way OP did. Not ever. I'd advance parts money after being provided a specific invoice for all items. Labor can wait until the job is done and that way both parties are better protected since the shop isn't out any money and if customer is killed by a falling fat chick the shop has the items of value.

Honest shops and customers are fine with mutual protection and documenting such large transactions.

Always use a credit card so you can file a chargeback if needed. You have near zero leverage as a private citizen in the real world, so unleash the wrath of Visa.

Excuse is bullshit without a police report and sounds like utter BS anyway. Who in their right mind would accuse a club without ironclad proof? It would be sweet if you got that accusation on an email...

What you were told conveniently omits giving YOU the insurance company contact info so you can go direct. Then you'll find out it's bullshit since the insurance company relationship is with the BUSINESS and the supposedly stolen property isn't yours because it was never conveyed to you and you are not the insurance beneficiary!

That's a horrible way to learn the lesson you should either build your own, buy a runner, or stick with stock motorcycles and ride.

Since apparently OP doesn't own the motorcycle in question he can't call it in stolen.

See a lawyer, now. A forum is no substitute. Unless you can prove fraud if the business folds you are likely screwed.

For everyone else, build most of your own only outsourcing shit like machine shop work etc or you don't need a chopper. If you aren't fully erect about to learn to wrench which is fundamental to being a real biker, choose another hobby.

Chopping and customizing are as much or more about what you become doing the work as what you end up with.

Pretty much all of this. When I had my stroker built, the first transaction was pay up front for parts since they don't know me and have had problems with people no paying for parts once they receive them. Of course, I received receipts for everything. After building a relationship with the shop, most everything, including parts would be fronted by them until said work was finished.

If you paid cash or check for everything and didn't receive any receipts or maintain records, I'd say you just learned an $8500 lesson.

Whoremonger
09-28-2017, 11:49 AM
Reach out to the 1% club he is accusing of stealing your parts. If it is a false accusation he will pay dearly. If it is true,he probably had it coming and you are collateral damage. Good luck

Ghost
10-01-2017, 10:23 AM

No I have not. Just went and inquired on the pictures of bikes I saw online.

Ghost
10-01-2017, 10:24 AM
Manuel Muller The Customizer (FB page here (https://www.facebook.com/oldschoolgarage.org/)) doesn't have the best reputation. The info is out there. Time to start digging. Shops in Long Beach are worth calling. They'll know.

Yeah I'm knowing that the hard way now.A big mistake on my end!

Ghost
10-01-2017, 10:26 AM
Pretty much all of this. When I had my stroker built, the first transaction was pay up front for parts since they don't know me and have had problems with people no paying for parts once they receive them. Of course, I received receipts for everything. After building a relationship with the shop, most everything, including parts would be fronted by them until said work was finished.

If you paid cash or check for everything and didn't receive any receipts or maintain records, I'd say you just learned an $8500 lesson.

I'm still seeing my options to get my money back. I paid by cashiers checks,so filing fraud on that is my only hope.

Ghost
10-01-2017, 10:26 AM
Reach out to the 1% club he is accusing of stealing your parts. If it is a false accusation he will pay dearly. If it is true,he probably had it coming and you are collateral damage. Good luck

I'm going to see if I can do that. Karma will be a bitch on Manuel and his buddy Joshua!

ElColacion13
07-17-2018, 1:51 PM
Got his telephone number?

singlebeam
07-18-2018, 3:39 AM
and if customer is killed by a falling fat chick the shop has the items of value.

Now that's some funny shit right there. Death by a fatty! ahahahahahahahahaha