PDA

View Full Version : Tire prices

dirtygrotonscoundrel
09-27-2017, 3:03 PM
Stop bitching about them!

I work at a major online motorcycle retailer and am sick as fuck of hearing people ask for a break on fuckin tires.

I just want everyone to know that the markup on tires is next to fucking nothing. After you get free shipping (which almost every online retailer offers), the company makes like 10 fuckin bucks on most cruiser tires.

So please, stop thinking your tire purchases are a big deal, and just buy the fucking things.

Rant over.

farmall
09-27-2017, 3:18 PM
Tires aren't much cheaper online. People manstruating about tire prices should learn to mount their own. Tire machines and shop overhead aren't free.

However I'd make some exceptions. My former Honda line mechanic bro brings in his VTX 1800 rear wheel to his old shop for tires and gets cussed out by his bros because they hate fighting that rim as much as he does.

SamHain
09-28-2017, 4:17 PM
Where do you work? Can you get me a break on tires?

TravelingBone
10-07-2017, 6:02 AM
.... People manstruating about tire prices should learn to mount their own. ....

Always a fun way to spend a Saturday

Dougtheinternetannoyance123
10-07-2017, 12:02 PM
Tire rack.com ask for the Doug discount promo code.

Lowhigh
10-07-2017, 8:03 PM
jakewilson.com

FilthyGarageCo
10-08-2017, 4:55 PM
I've changed my own front tire twice and my rear tire once, Its just better for my mental health to pay someone to do it.... Fuck it. Its just the price to pay when your kinda lazy like that.

10-25-2017, 1:18 AM
Well I'm interested in buying the tires can you tell me the prices and it has to be definitely reasonable too, I know it pisses some people off always aim to look for quality, I Do My Essay For Me (http://www.essaycampus.co.uk/) as a part time worker, and ride bike as an hobby, I always take a long ride after I get free from all the house hold chores, its fun riding this beautiful stuff, so please let me know about the price here.

--------------------------------------------------------

?????????????????? Why do i think this is some kind of spammer?????????????

Tell you what, since you are in the UK, post a pix of your bike (Does it have pedals or go vroom vroom?) and then a pix of you in front of it holding a current copy of your local paper, noting where you are you get double bonus points if you post it with it open to the current page 3 girls posting.

Then and only then can we advise you on the prophylactic for your application. ( make model size and type of riding you do would be a significant help)

hillcat
10-25-2017, 3:16 AM
That one and alvinaamanda11 are both spam Doug. If you put your cursor on their reply you will see they are links.
Why they target this site is a mystery to me.
If anyone knows of a good way to fuck with them, please post, 'cause they keep doing it.
It seems like they are practicing writing in English.

10-25-2017, 3:40 AM
There is a small triangle on each post in the lower left hand corner, click it and "Report this posting" and usually my main girl Lisa is on it. (Thank you Lisa!) More people who promptly report the spammers the better.

I admin/moderate some other lists including one for one of our local vintage clubs, I am a founding member of that club but typical BS, we got a couple guys who feel strongly they should be in charge despite some compelling evidence they are not good mgmt material.
I believe though in their world that the least qualified are promoted to mgmt so probably makes perfect sense.
But point is, after a lot of bitching I finally made 2 of them asst moderators with partial admin rights.
They let 3 spammers infiltrate and despite counseling and corrective measures did it again last weekend.
I came back from our cabin and WTH???? My spam filter has 3x the spam traffic, coincidence? I think not. So long story short they no longer have admin duties but the true Irony is they suggested that I turn the whole thing over to them to manage.
I think they have a bright future in Politics or some sort of charity mgmt where you can screw up over and over and be rewarded. Madness,,, total insanity. Why anyone really wants to spam our forums is beyond my understanding.

For some amusing tales, Look up Ebola Monkey man and read his stories of revenge on scam artists. Great stuff!

tzienlee
10-25-2017, 3:52 AM
--------------------------------------------------------

?????????????????? Why do i think this is some kind of spammer?????????????

Tell you what, since you are in the UK, post a pix of your bike (Does it have pedals or go vroom vroom?) and then a pix of you in front of it holding a current copy of your local paper, noting where you are you get double bonus points if you post it with it open to the current page 3 girls posting.

Then and only then can we advise you on the prophylactic for your application. ( make model size and type of riding you do would be a significant help)

that may be a SPAM posting but I have some bad news for you,.... Page 3 babes were banned here about 3 years ago for being non PC !!!!..... no longer can ya brighten ya day here by turning to page 3 of the SUN or STAR newspapers !!!!.......
Also back to the Thread,... Here in England my Local bike parts shop wanted 125 ($165) for a 130/90-16 Avon Roadrider, I can read upside down & could see on his list he would get it for just 45 ($60)!!! ..& would take a week to get....... now I don't mind a fair Mark up, they do need to make a profit but !!... a bit too much for my liking
I went online and a firm ( M&P) did me two AVON Roadrider tyres matching front & rear,delivered to my door in 2 days for 124.97, so basically I get the front one for free..... so shops who say they only make a few bucks are either lying or things are different in the USA....

Sky
10-25-2017, 6:54 AM
From the Mechanic's point of view.

Avon's ain't cheap in the States!

Our customers can get tires online for the same price we get them for wholesale.
A lot of them bring in their own tires. No big, we make better money on labor than on parts anyway.
Some people just bring us the wheel instead of the whole bike. That's cool too.
(side note, try not to loose your spacers, blame a shop, then find them in your pickup truck) lol

Go to the mall and the markup on product is in excess of 300% or more.
Typical parts markup in a motorcycle shop is like 120%. That's just 20% over cost.
Gotta pay the parts guy to take your call, lookup the correct parts, offer advice, make the order, unpack and stock the parts...
So you might save 20% on that tire by ordering it yourself... Still cool, no hard feelings.

Think about it, how can a small-time online vendor sell a tire including shipping at wholesale price and make a profit enter they are buying old stock from the bigger warehouses drastically reduce prices
But when it has a five-year-old or more date code date code, won't balance, or has a flat spot 'cause it was stored/shipped wrong...
No shop has any responsibility to warranty said tire.

Couple of guys have gotten the wrong tire, ordered 15 inch tires when they have 16 inch rims,
Guess who had to deal with returning those?

rokytnji
10-25-2017, 7:03 AM
As in all things. Location location location. Then tools, tools, tools.

My Battletrax BT 45 tire change at 60 bucks a tire done by me. It's not hard to do for me.

https://s1.postimg.org/7anzh9ec8b/1983_XLS_on_lift.jpg (https://postimg.org/image/7anzh9ec8b/)

The seller is out of stock so don't ask.

I don't bitch. I either pay or walk out.

Crap: just realized I replied to a old thread. Need to wake up before posting.

hillcat
10-25-2017, 8:08 AM
Shhh..No... go back to sleep, it's OK.
The last 6 posts were within the past 8 hrs.
Shhh... sleep... Shhh...
HaHa! J/K

10-25-2017, 1:56 PM
that may be a SPAM posting but I have some bad news for you,.... Page 3 babes were banned here about 3 years ago for being non PC !!!!..... no longer can ya brighten ya day here by turning to page 3 of the SUN or STAR newspapers !!!!.......

okay, bummer! (Sorry for the tangent, but anytime I can insert tits & boobs I try.... ) But damn, that is so sad and I shall mourn their loss. Back in the 1980s it was always fun to check them out and some Americans were horrified that such stuff was in the newspaper. I remember when some young upstart named Samantha Fox was a regular Page 3 girl, wrangled a singing career out of it.
Most of the youngsters on here have no idea who she is and she is old enough to be most of these posters grandmother but back in the day she was hot hot hot. One thing Americans and Britts could agree on is we all loved Samantha Fox.

Some Britts used to have a saying recycled from WW2.. They said the problems with Americans are
"Overpaid, Oversexed and over here!"

tzienlee
10-25-2017, 3:32 PM
hahahahaha....gonna Piss you off again,.... Sam Fox ended up Batting for the other team !!..... Munching Carpets now days !!! ... hahahahaha

10-25-2017, 5:15 PM
hahahahaha....gonna Piss you off again,.... Sam Fox ended up Batting for the other team !!..... Munching Carpets now days !!! ... hahahahaha

Yep, I heard about that, Im not too upset,, that was a long time ago and she dont look the same anyway, As I said she is old enough now to be granny to most of the members here.

But doesnt matter if I coulda watched! Back in the 1980s at any night club in Europe her disco-y songs were played a lot. Italy, Germany, Greece, Spain, Turkey and especially popular in Egypt for some reason. I dated several Turkish girls who loved her stuff and Madonna,, I am not a big fan of them but you do what ya gotta do to keep the girls happy. I miss that time overseas.

Pretty lame ass singer really,, but damn..

See: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W1btg3mpEOc

Kinda partial to saucy english girls, back in the day they would line up at the NCO club and they were not allowed in without a active duty service member. We got schooled real quick you always went back out and brought in at least 3 just to keep a good vibe going. Plus, if they had a small overnight bag with them that was also a good sign.

What does LIBYA stand for?? (Lakenheath Is Bombing Your Ass) Triple 7 squadron, 39th CAMS, and my friends at Heyford. (Been there, did that)

79570 79573

tzienlee
10-26-2017, 6:26 AM
I did 4 years at Menwith Hill in Yorkshire, liked it so much I stayed !! hahahaha

53rigid
10-26-2017, 10:48 AM
Yep, I heard about that, Im not too upset,, that was a long time ago and she dont look the same anyway, As I said she is old enough now to be granny to most of the members here.

But doesnt matter if I coulda watched! Back in the 1980s at any night club in Europe her disco-y songs were played a lot. Italy, Germany, Greece, Spain, Turkey and especially popular in Egypt for some reason. I dated several Turkish girls who loved her stuff and Madonna,, I am not a big fan of them but you do what ya gotta do to keep the girls happy. I miss that time overseas.

Pretty lame ass singer really,, but damn..

See: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W1btg3mpEOc

Kinda partial to saucy english girls, back in the day they would line up at the NCO club and they were not allowed in without a active duty service member. We got schooled real quick you always went back out and brought in at least 3 just to keep a good vibe going. Plus, if they had a small overnight bag with them that was also a good sign.

What does LIBYA stand for?? (Lakenheath Is Bombing Your Ass) Triple 7 squadron, 39th CAMS, and my friends at Heyford. (Been there, did that)

79570 79573

I went TDY at Mildenhall in the 80's and we used to call those nights at the club Hog call. But you are right about the bags in hand...

10-26-2017, 12:45 PM
I went TDY at Mildenhall in the 80's and we used to call those nights at the club Hog call. But you are right about the bags in hand...

At the Base in Incirlik Turkey there was like 300 guys to every woman, and the guys were accompanied w/spouse had it the worst as even ugly wives got hit on constantly. When I got to the 'lik the OSI had done a huge investigation and had kicked out of the military and whole bunch of active duty women who either were lesbians or had dabbled a bit on the other team. I was dejected,,
"You mean we dont have enough women here and they just rid of the ones we had?"

So to go TDY to Lakenheath or Heyford and women were lined up to come into the NCO club was something special, You appreciated even the ugly ones. No internet like now in the 1980s and In the Stars & Stripes newspaper occasionally there was ads from lonely women in the UK or Germany looking to meet a GI. I wrote to a few and never got an answer. A captain I knew told me a funny story that he wrote to a whole bunch and when he didnt get an answer he resent them with a note that it was rude they didnt at least say "Not interested". He showed me a brief letter he got back that said that lonely guys from all US Bases in Europe had written her, She said I think 300-400 letters?
And basically said, "Sorry but you were way down the list". Harsh!

In Germany I would meet girls at clubs or bars off base, things went well at first until I spoke english,
they would run off. A guy I knew told me i was going about it all wrong. I needed to learn at least a LITTLE bit of German,, Tell them I was new, but just learning German and would you teach me some? I got to be pretty conversant in German and he was right,.. It worked.
TDYs at Bitburg, Ramstein and a few days in Frankfurt. Germany was awesome too.

Got out in 89, was on reserves for 2 years and got a call up for Desert Storm but told to stand down as it didnt last long.