PDA

View Full Version : Lets hear about the shit thats hit you while riding!

Jay235
09-26-2017, 8:33 AM
I was riding this morning bee stung me in the face shit hurts, ive also been hit by a bird and a tile that flew from a guys tire when he ran it over. How bout all of you?

GSBobber1980
09-26-2017, 8:53 AM
My brother (who's awfully allergic to bees) got stung at 80 mph. He also had one of those headaches that make you nauseated and threw up in his full-face helmet.

On a cold, raw day on the highway I got hit in the knuckle with a stone while riding about 65-70. That kinda sucked as it was my throttle/front brake hand!

Dragstews
09-26-2017, 9:27 AM
.... Sh*t ....

Horse shit to be more to the point ..!!!

Hot summer night, went for a ride to cool off on a country road that was near my home...
Wasn't Hot-Dog riding just doing the limit, in a curve, there it was a fresh pile of Amish Horse shit.
That was one wild 8-second ride... Dang near lost it, could have been really bad if the other lane had traffic in it cause I was all over the road for those 8 seconds and at that time it would has been very hard to drive a 10 penny nail up my ass with a 16 pound sledge hammer ...!!!

http://troydean.com.au/wp-content/uploads/2015/07/bigstock-Horse-excrement-on-the-asphalt-54852431.jpg

Well ... Got it pulled over to the side of the road and was looking at shit all over the bike and me, not even going to mention me kickers ..!!!
Pointed it back home and got naked in the back yard, got out the garden hose to wash off...

Ya know, should have done that in the first place to cool off instead of getting it in the wind ...
(Although it wouldn't have been as much fun, the fun ended when I hit the shit)

Sure do wish it was this kind of a 8-second ride ... /// https://youtu.be/HVxt-Qr8ml0 \\\ ...

Jay235
09-26-2017, 9:39 AM
Also was following a buddy on a ride his battery box cover came off bounced about 3ft in the air and hit me...we recovered the battery box cover haha

Cmfnj
09-26-2017, 10:20 AM
Behind a buddy when the roller wheel for his chain tensioner came apart. It hit the road then bounced up and clocked me in the head. Glad I had a helmet on.

chopperclay
09-26-2017, 10:49 AM
When I first started riding i wore full face helmets. So i was rolling down the rode one day with my visor up and one of those giant bumble bees slammed into my face at 55mph, i panicked and smacked my visor closed -__- Keep in mind this is about 2 weeks after i got my learners. So now that big ass bumble bee is pissed off mad buzzing around in my helmet. So i locked it up and didnt even bother to cut the bike off or put it on the stand (first bike was a $500 Vulcan 500) and pulled my helmet off and slung the bee out of it. Once all that was over i picked the bike up and went on my way. And that boys and girls is why I dont wear full face helmets

Tattooo
09-26-2017, 2:08 PM
I had a dear hit me, I was running about 45mph at 2:30 in the morning about 7 years ago does that count????? Thank God I hit him dead center in the gut.... I didn't even drop the bike but it bent the bars and all the sheet metal and crash bars up front...

7and7is
09-26-2017, 5:32 PM
Lets see, a rock in the face, countless bees, beetles, etc, a buzzard (Funny I was going about 45mph and barely felt any impact, maybe cause birds have hollow bones?), possum guts, snake guts, and a bat (The kind with wings).

EChop
09-26-2017, 5:34 PM
Well in Ohio you can easily get hit with organic horse shit curtsy of the Amish.

jimboh
09-26-2017, 6:21 PM
I caught an air cleaner cover that had fallen off of a bike in front of me in the knee. Screwed up my knee for about 2 weeks.

Also in1988 on the way to Sturgis a bird hit me in the shoulder and hurt like hell for the rest of the week.

DustyDave
09-26-2017, 6:23 PM
I caught a rock right at the top of my nose where it bled in booth eyes.It was a very long ride getting through 2 lanes of freeway traffic to pull over with both eyes full of blood, If you never tried it blood in your eye burns like a mother fucker.
Dusty

Dragstews
09-26-2017, 6:27 PM
...... Jump ......

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/IvCOiFcWNHE" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

DoubleDeviate
09-26-2017, 6:33 PM
I caught a bee in my bottom lip. It swelled up like those people in National Geographic with the plates in their lips. I also saw a buddy have a squirrel fall out of a tree and land in his lap. When we go to the next stop sign, we were both laughing so hard, we almost tipped over, stopped. I thought he was having a seizure or something until I saw it jump off his nuts.

DD

1WheelPeel
09-26-2017, 7:29 PM
Worst for me was getting hit with pepper spray passing a car, unprovoked. How I didn't crash I dont know.

klondikekid64
09-26-2017, 10:20 PM
Wasp ended up in my t-shirt and bit me 3 times on the chest before I could pull over.

flatman
09-26-2017, 11:27 PM
I hit a gopher. They were popping up along side the road. Thought I would stick my foot out and hit one in the head. Eased over stuck my foot out at about 65mph. Wham! damn near broke my foot, and damn near piled up the bike. Was younger and dumber them. LOL!!

WillSCB
09-27-2017, 12:31 AM
Worst I ever had was when I was passing a semi and trailer, and just as I passed, I felt something warm and moist hit my hand (didn't have gloves on.) Looked down, and saw the remains of his chewing tobacco on my hand. Still hate that fucking habit.

Dragstews
09-27-2017, 4:00 AM
Worst I ever had was when I was passing a semi and trailer, and just as I passed, I felt something warm and moist hit my hand (didn't have gloves on.) Looked down, and saw the remains of his chewing tobacco on my hand. Still hate that fucking habit.

Dang Wilber ....

That's not the worst ... The chicken grease would be worst than a little am juice, causing you to drop your bike....

hillcat
09-27-2017, 4:21 AM
A doe. She hit my front left turn signal at 90 deg. at full run and knocked me down, knocked the wind out of me and separated some of my ribs.

Jay235
09-27-2017, 4:42 AM
Hahaha these are great

Benny74
09-27-2017, 5:46 AM
One of my friends brother in law was hit by a scrap piece of 2x4 directly in the face. No helmet, anything. I couldn't believe he didn't lay it down. Seen the pictures and everything and his face was pretty bruised up.

Worst I've had is just from following coal trucks out here in Pennsylvania. End up with a completely black face and black bike.

WillSCB
09-27-2017, 7:47 AM
Dang Wilber ....

That's not the worst ... The chicken grease would be worst than a little am juice, causing you to drop your bike....

Yeah, that was definitely a worse situation, but this thread is for the worst things you have been hit with while riding, not the worst thing you had ridden through. I think I would have preferred to have been hit with the chicken grease while riding, I would have ended up wearing less of it than I did lying in it in the parking lot.

horseshoe
09-27-2017, 1:21 PM
Had a bird hit me on the knee once.

usmc50lx
09-28-2017, 11:01 AM
All kinds of shit... Cow piss, Rocks, birds, bees, wasps, my buddies bike...some drunk broad in a Chrysler... a possum that was dead a few days and was kicked in my direction

DoomBuggy
09-28-2017, 3:15 PM
Worst for me was a Junebug, at night, somewhere around Tulsa, OK. Left a mark on my forehead that is still there, and that was some 40 years ago! I was very lucky to stay upright as I was doing a good 55-60 mph when it crossed my path!

wot2t
09-28-2017, 5:07 PM
cars...5 so far. last 2 got messed up worse than me.

nmaineron
09-29-2017, 6:00 PM
I had a tarp that was on the trailer of the car in front of me.As we were getting up to speed I could see this tarp start to levitate and before I could do anything the tarp covered my front end.Luckily I got to the side of the road OK but thinking what would have happened if it covered my face.

One time we were coming up along the river after dark and there must have been a hatch.There were these fishy smelling moths,bajillions of them riding through a wave of them would smear your glasses where you couldn't see.If you tried to wipe them off it got worse,and stink...

pete808
09-29-2017, 6:28 PM
Caught a bee in the neck and one day when I was behind my buddy his tool box opened and all his tools fell out, a wrench hit me in the shin. Luckily out here there are not many bugs or things that hit you on a regular basis.

DrFxr
09-29-2017, 11:51 PM
An 89 year old lady in a Buick.

21guns
09-30-2017, 2:19 AM
Birds. A load of cow shit and pids. Birds, stones, a snake. Luvkily no crazy cagers yet

Dragstews
09-30-2017, 9:26 AM
A near Miss ....

In Vegas on the 515 ...

Construction Ladder laying smack dab in the middle of the hi-way ...
Traffic was heavy, seen cars ahead of me doing a dance, so I knew something was coming up fast, follow the lead and got far over in the lane that I was in .... Miss it by inches ..!!!

More sh*t in me drawers ...

Dragstews
10-02-2017, 1:35 AM
Willber .... Are you alright ... ?????

Who, in the name of God, shows up at a event with a AR-15 and unloads a few clips on full auto into a crowd ... ???
Hope you didn't work that show and you're fine....

That part of Vegas I don't miss.....

https://youtu.be/6pvJpY70nBc

Just heard .... More than 20 dead and about 50 wounded....
Swat has took out the shooter...

WillSCB
10-02-2017, 2:04 AM
I'm good. Was riding home from Wal Mart on Charleston and Decatur while it was going on. Not sure who does the concerts there, but most of the work I do is convention and trade show. Pretty sure it wasn't a union call, so I wouldn't have been there. From what I understand, they got one guy (not sure if there are more) and everything is pretty much on lockdown. It sounds like they went to high ground and started shooting. They took one down in his room at Mandalay Bay. He was firing at the Route 91 Harvest Music Festival. No specifics listed yet, but it sounds like there may be more than one shooter.

Dragstews
10-02-2017, 2:22 AM
Now that is good news .... That you're OK.

Police are saying there was only one shooter ... May be too soon to know for sure ...
And he is no longer among the living ????

They just updated the wounded to more than 100 ....
Update: 50 Fatalities and over 200 Wounded..

Most recent update: 59 Fatalities and around 400 Wounded....
(Just got off the phone with another Buddy that lives in Vegas...
He's a retired firefighter from Manhattan NY, his wife is a RN at Saint Rose, her friend's daughter was shot in the back and another friend's husband was one of the fatalities..)

Also they just said that the shooter was a local man ...
Some of the dead are off-duty officers ...

The shooter is confirmed dead .. Gunman 'identified as Stephen Paddock, 64 old white male, of Mesquite, Nevada'

Las Vegas Sheriff Joseph Lombardo said a manhunt was underway for a person of interest, believed to be his roommate, identified as Marilou Danley.

She was described as Asian, 4"11 and weighting 111 pounds (50kg).
(Supposedly in custody ..?? )

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/s3HSNQ9zHRM" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Those poor people .... This is sad, very sad ...!!!

Jay235 ... I didn't mean to Hi-Jack your thread ....
But was worried about my friend....
............. My Apologies .............

jsaz666
10-02-2017, 8:11 PM
Hows this? Apparently that guy thought a red sign with white means yield......... He was only doing 40 when he hit me. I alive, just lots of cool scars.

So here is the real story- around 2002 I had just finished a shovel chop and I was out for a ride when I was stationed on Ft. Bragg, NC. They had ground a street down in preparation to re-pave, and the manhole covers were sticking out of the street surface a good 3 or 4 inches. I was kicked back relaxing and hit one- mind you it was a rigid frame. I thought I saw sparks out the corner of my eye, then I hit another one and it started running on one cylinder. DAMMIT! Pulled over, and after a quick inspection I found I just knocked off a plug wire that probably wasn't seated correctly in the first place. Popped in back on, kicked it over and voila! Problem solved. Then, in drove a gold colored Dodge intrepid, the driver got out and asked if I wanted my pliers back. He reached over and pulled a set of needle nose pliers out of his windshield. Yep they were mine. When I hit the manhole, my toolbag came open and tools went everywhere, hence the sparks I saw. The pliers went into oncoming traffic. I asked if he wanted my insurance and replied with "fuck it, its a rental my company is paying for".

bobscogin
10-03-2017, 8:09 AM
I think because riding clears my head, I'm often struck by good ideas.

Bob

Jay235
10-03-2017, 10:48 AM
Hahaha these are great

DanAz
10-03-2017, 11:26 PM
Too many stories.
The most recent. Last year the OL and I are jamming down a mountain road, 4 lane type. Riding right next to the worst looking tractor/trailer I'd seen all weekend. Next thing you know one of the outer trailer tires exploded. Not threw the tread, the complete tire BLEW UP.
I'm not sure if the noise or the black chunks raining all over the place scared me most.
I swear I thought it was over with. Plus I got the OL screaming bloody murder in my ear. Good thing I took a dump at the last stop or I'd have had to leave my drawers behind on the side of the road.

DanAz
10-03-2017, 11:30 PM
I had the ladder experience too. Thank God it was made of fiberglass and shattered on the pavement about 50 feet in front of me.
Then there was the time I was out playing speed demon on my old shovel. Going through a curve at about 70 barely keeping the tire hooked up. All the sudden a dove hit me in the left shoulder. I honestly thought somebody had shot me for a minute, until I saw all the feathers. I swear, my upper body twisted 90 degrees before I regained my focus.

WillSCB
10-04-2017, 2:48 PM
Too many stories.
The most recent. Last year the OL and I are jamming down a mountain road, 4 lane type. Riding right next to the worst looking tractor/trailer I'd seen all weekend. Next thing you know one of the outer trailer tires exploded. Not threw the tread, the complete tire BLEW UP.
I'm not sure if the noise or the black chunks raining all over the place scared me most.
I swear I thought it was over with. Plus I got the OL screaming bloody murder in my ear. Good thing I took a dump at the last stop or I'd have had to leave my drawers behind on the side of the road.

Heard too many stories from current and former truck drivers (some of whom are riders as well) about treads being thrown and the consequences not to give trucks a wide berth. It baffles me when I see some of these dumbasses basically drafting a semi or riding right next to it. Whenever possible, I avoid riding right next to a truck, and pass to get well in front of it when it is safe to do so. Never heard of a tire exploding before, though.

thecarfarmer
10-04-2017, 3:59 PM
Let's see,

When I was a grade school-age kid, on the back of my dad's Moto Guzzi, we got stuck behind a cattle truck going down the road... turns out that the smell of cow piss does not go unnoticed at your next coffee stop!

Years later, I was riding down a two lane road with an open face helmet at dusk on a summer evening, maybe doing 40 miles an hour or so.

All of a sudden, an insect gets blown up one of my nostrils. I covered the other nostril with a finger, and blew him out.

Always kind of hoped he survived...

laeljon
10-05-2017, 9:48 AM
Headed back to Okla. from N.M. at night. Down I-40. Fairly sure it was a Bat, right between the eyes. Knocked both hands of the bars and me back into the sleeping bag and head into sissy bar. Put the hurt on me.... Same happened, when a pear dropped from a tree, got me in the forehead. Ran into a 1" cable stretched across a parking lot entrance at 1am...stitches for the nose, and two black-eyes.

Revelator
10-06-2017, 11:31 AM
I had a pack of Bats buzzing me one time up near june lakes. none hit me
though, That must have sucked Laejon. they are nasty looking!

I guess i have been lucky, nothing large has hit me yet, but lots of near misses,
I had a road runner come inches from my
head, (yes they do fly), It was flying low across a road in the antelope valley.

One of my buds was riding through bouquet canyon in so cal and a large diamondback
rattler was in the middle of the lane right in his path as he rounded a turn, He swerved hard,
and the big Rattler lunged at his shovelhead & It's mouth got caught in the open
belt drive, He pulled to the side of the road & pulled out his 9mm pistol & finished the snake
off, the tip of the snakes mouth was all fucked up, so it would have likely died a slow death of starvation.

FilthyGarageCo
10-08-2017, 5:09 PM
I was riding back home from work one day, cruising the back roads of Fallbrook CA. and took a turn to quickly. That damn road reached up and hit my front exhaust hand bent it. Long story short, by the time I made it home my exhaust had a large crack in it at the bend just after the head. Luckily I have a welder and was able to fix it. Exhaust headers are just way to expensive. Oh, I once had a bee smack me in my neck. That hurt like Hell.

chuck1073
10-15-2017, 10:00 AM
Guess I've been lucky. So far just bugs. Although there was that one time, back in the 70's, when a bee went right up the leg of my jeans then I had my feet on the highway bars. Betting the folks driving by got a laugh out of the guy dancing around and dropping trousers in the middle of the road. SOB stung me a few times before I got him out.

0maha
10-15-2017, 10:21 AM
This thread is great. Love these stories.

I've never been hit by anything particularly life-threatening. Just had my share of bees in the jacket and stuff like that.

Just last week, riding to work behind and a lane over from a cattle truck, got a good spray of cow piss on me.

Probably the weirdest one was years ago, driving down a residential street, there was some guy from the City trimming the grass on a median with a weed whipper. As I went by he managed to fling a decent sized pebble up at me which hit me right in the throat. That did not feel good.

rokytnji
10-15-2017, 10:51 AM
Dodging rattle snakes at night during this time of year. Trying to warm up on West Texas highways can get interesting from time to time.
Armadillos can be a hoot also. Javelina pigs can put a hurting on you also.

Mule deer can introduce you to God.

I've hit one each during a lifetime of riding. Stinky stuff probably smells better than my sweaty ass.

thecarfarmer
10-19-2017, 4:45 PM
I had a back tire let go on a Kodiak box truck (single axle, 22 inch wheels; about the same size tires as a tractor trailer)

Sounded like a bomb went off. The floor of the bed was thick enough to drive forklifts in, but the chunk of tread that came loose knocked a sizeable hole right thru.

WillSCB
10-19-2017, 7:29 PM
I had a back tire let go on a Kodiak box truck (single axle, 22 inch wheels; about the same size tires as a tractor trailer)

Sounded like a bomb went off. The floor of the bed was thick enough to drive forklifts in, but the chunk of tread that came loose knocked a sizeable hole right thru.

And that, boys and girls, is why you don't follow a semi too close!!!!!!

Dragstews
10-19-2017, 7:50 PM
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/Uu5hzc2Mei4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Tattooo
10-19-2017, 8:40 PM
^^^^^^^^^^^ LOL Thanks Jesse.... I always liked the hell out of that song when we were kids..^^^^^

chopperbob1313
10-26-2017, 11:44 AM
Me and a buddy were riding in the country slightly staggered with him in front. Then some kamikaze black bird decided to try and fly through his front wheel!! Yup, I caught the gut bits and blood and.. well, you get the picture.

Tom8336
10-29-2017, 6:26 PM
Hornet to the chest at about 90mph. Cyprus circa 1995. Fucking hurt!!

ChopperGuy
01-02-2018, 8:53 PM
Heading down the highway around Panama City, Florida and something went up my pants leg and started tearing my ass up! I'm at about 80 mph not having a clue what's eating me alive. Finally reach the varmint with my clutch hand and it starts biting my hand. By the time I pull them out my hand is bleeding. SCREWING DRAGONFLIES! Hell, I'm a country-boy and I'd never heard of getting bit by a dragonfly but don't discount the little horny bastards. Particularly if you interrupt their airborne booty-calls.

Scoobydude
01-09-2018, 6:01 PM
Comin home from school at night in Tucson Arizona. Thought it was a trashbag. Tried to grab it while riding. Turns out it was a Pelican. Didnt actually hit it but was really close. Kinda high fived it. Chased it and called the police. Officer came up fuckin stoked. Showed my his pelican tattoo. Watched some hippies feed it fish and talk to it.

angryOLDman62
01-12-2018, 10:21 PM
Hit in the head by a seagul. I was glad for a full face that day!