PDA

View Full Version : Disabled biker looking to hear from fellow ChopCult members

Freebird7874
09-25-2017, 3:50 AM
Hi guys, how y'all doing? I've been trying to get my '76 Ironhead built for the last few years, but my bad health, and low finances have kept things close to a snails pace. It could be worse tho! I've had a lot if help and support from some of the guys over on The Horse Backtalk forum. My bike is gonna have a rigid rear end, springer front, 4" dog one risers, 3.5 gallon Fatbobs, apehangers, spoon pegs. I live in central LA, the small town of Winnfield. Most of my friends live out of state, those close by are either older with health problems of their own, or tied up with work & family. Most days, this has been a really rough year, most days I sit here and read, listen to CD's, very seldom watch TV, and hangout on the Horse forum, or search the classifieds here. I'm now starting to checkout the cool forums here. Would really appreciate calls, texts or emails from any of you, calls and texts preferred, but will take what I can get. My phone number is 318-581-2237 and my email is 76ironhead78@gmail.com would really appreciate any contact. Not wanting to make folks feel sorry for me, just stating the basic facts.
Shannon "Freebird" Hayes

nickey
09-25-2017, 7:52 PM
Hey Shannon,

Sorry about your situation but you seem to have a fairly positive attitude. That helps man. My wife is disabled and spends her time reading and watching tv. It's hard being a prisoner in your own body when your mind is healthy.

Its cool you've got a project going. I'd love an old ironhead. But my evo sporty hasn't let me down yet haha. Good luck with it and if you are able you might start a build thread. We love pictures!

Freebird7874
09-27-2017, 3:36 AM
Hey man, thank you for replying. Sorry to hear about your wife! Give me a call or text sometimes.

Shannon

Freebird7874
10-03-2017, 10:28 PM
Hi guys, how y'all doing? I've been trying to get my '76 Ironhead built for the last few years, but my bad health, and low finances have kept things close to a snails pace. It could be worse tho! I've had a lot if help and support from some of the guys over on The Horse Backtalk forum. My bike is gonna have a rigid rear end, springer front, 4" dog one risers, 3.5 gallon Fatbobs, apehangers, spoon pegs. I live in central LA, the small town of Winnfield. Most of my friends live out of state, those close by are either older with health problems of their own, or tied up with work & family. Most days, this has been a really rough year, most days I sit here and read, listen to CD's, very seldom watch TV, and hangout on the Horse forum, or search the classifieds here. I'm now starting to checkout the cool forums here. Would really appreciate calls, texts or emails from any of you, calls and texts preferred, but will take what I can get. My phone number is 318-581-2237 and my email is 76ironhead78@gmail.com would really appreciate any contact. Not wanting to make folks feel sorry for me, just stating the basic facts.
Shannon "Freebird" Hayes

Well, I've had one person reply and he's also the only one who contacted me. Thank you, Nick! I guess most of the bikers on this site, maybe they're not as much into brotherhood, as the biker brotherhood should be, as it was built upon. Oh well.

metalheart28
10-05-2017, 2:06 PM
Shannon "Freebird" Hayes

Whats your ability level? Have you thought about doing some trading for parts and working your way up to what you want?

FreebirdHayes
10-06-2017, 5:43 PM
I'm not any kinda Harley mechanic, yet, but I'm learning. I have most of the parts needed, except for springer, regulator (which someone's checking to see if they have), brakes & brake setup parts, LED lights, and various nuts & bolts. Mainly just looking for people to shoot the breeze, text or share emails with during the periods when I'm down. Where ya located at, Metal heart? I'm in central Louisiana.

SoCalGhostGunner
10-13-2017, 10:51 PM
Shannon "Freebird" Hayes

I'm a disabled vet with nothing but time on my hands. I'm in south west Oklahoma. I spend most of my time working on my GL1000 and doing stupid shit with my room mate (modifying Nerf guns to shoot harder, making wheelie machines out of lawnmowers, that kind of thing). I have a facebook friend down your way in Gooseport. If you get too bored hit me up Buck176@gmail.com.

Panheadman48
02-16-2019, 1:33 PM
Hang in there. Planned built many a scoot when I was down, so it was ready to go go when I got up. Down right now. Day by day, focus on the mission, but pray first. Panheadman. Peace.