PDA

View Full Version : Chopper and vintage bike riders needed ASAP. (Worldwide this weekend)

Dougtheinternetannoyance123
09-20-2017, 11:13 PM
Will PM Mods and try and get in events section but no tab to add a event. But want to get the word out.

WORLDWIDE This weekend! Chopper riders needed! Distinguished Gentleman's ride!

See:https://www.gentlemansride.com/

Locate a ride near you or not too late to register and organize one. I am of course registered locally and seeking donations for this awesome charity so If you are feeling generous PM me and Ill send you a link to my page and info about how I am raising money for this charity as well as the local team I am riding with.

CLASSIC & VINTAGE STYLE MOTORCYCLES UNITE
FOR PROSTATE CANCER AND MEN'S MENTAL HEALTH SUPPORTING THE MOVEMBER FOUNDATION
24TH SEPTEMBER WORLDWIDE

LETíS BE STRAIGHT HERE, GENTLEFOLK. AT THE DISTINGUISHED GENTLEMANíS RIDE, WE RIDE FOR A PURPOSE.

Our focus is on gentlemen who have been dealt a tough hand in life. In particular, we raise funds for research into prostate cancer and mental health programs as part of our mission to support menís health globally. These funds are invested by our partners the Movember Foundation, the worldís largest menís health organisation.

PROSTATE CANCER
Prostate cancer is the second most commonly diagnosed cancer in men. The Movember Foundation is the largest funder of prostate cancer programs in the world.

What is prostate cancer?

The prostate is a gland located immediately below the bladder, in front of the bowels. It produces fluid that protects and enriches sperm. Prostate cancer occurs when some of the cells in the prostate reproduce far more rapidly than normal, resulting in a tumour. If left untreated, prostate cancer cells may eventually spread from the prostate and invade distant parts of the body, particularly the lymph nodes and bones, producing secondary tumours in a process known as metastasis.

One of the most worrying aspects of the disease is that most prostate cancers develop without men experiencing any symptoms in the early stages.

What are the risk factors for prostate cancer?

Prostate cancer only affects men, as women do not have a prostate gland. Risk factors in developing the disease include:

Age: The older a man, the more likely he is to be diagnosed with prostate cancer. If youíre 50 or over, chat with your doctor about PSA testing.

Family History : A man with a father or brother who developed prostate cancer is twice as likely to develop the disease. If youíre 45 or over and prostate cancer is in your family, you should strike up the conversation about PSA testing with your doctor.

Ethnicity: Prostate cancer has an increased occurrence in black African and Afro-Caribbean men. If youíre 45 or over, get in contact with your doctor about PSA testing.

For more information on prostate cancer including symptoms, testing, treatment options and support resources, head over to the Ďyour healthí section on Movember.com.

SUICIDE PREVENTION | MEN'S MENTAL HEALTH
3 out of 4 suicides are men

510,000 men die from suicide globally each year. Thatís one every minute. This has to change.

The causes of suicide are complex. Thereís no single reason why men take their own lives, but we do know that by improving overall mental health we can reduce the risk of suicide. We need to address untreated mental health conditions among men.

Too many men are toughing it out and struggling alone. Thereís no shame in checking in your own mental wellbeing, and those close to around you. Our friends over at Movember have produced some handy guides, that might help take the sting out of broaching the subject.

[How to help your mates with the big things in life]

[How to speak to a mate who isnít doing so well]

[How to try and move beyond feeling down yourself]

[How to support colleagues in your workplace who you donít think are doing so well mentally]

Together, The Distinguished Gentlemanís Ride and the Movember Foundation are breaking down these barriers that exist in men, but we need your help.

INSPIRED BY A PHOTO OF MAD MENíS DON DRAPER ON A CLASSIC BIKE AND WEARING HIS FINEST SUIT, IT WAS DECIDED A THEMED RIDE WOULD BE A GREAT WAY TO BRING TOGETHER THE CLASSIC & VINTAGE STYLED MOTORCYCLE COMMUNITY.
In keeping with the classic lines of Don Draperís 1957 Matchless G3LS, The Distinguished Gentlemanís Ride is a niche charity event held upon the last Sunday in September with gentlefolk riding their Cafe' Racer, Bobber, Classic, Tracker, Scrambler, Old School Chopper, Modern Classic, Sidecar, Classic Scooter, Brat Styled motorcycles to raise awareness and funds for prostate cancer research and menís mental health programs.

BlackCloudSalvage
09-21-2017, 6:29 AM
I'd like to organize one near me but it won't let me fill the form when I go to "host a ride" on their site. Ill keep trying, but will definitely be setup for next year

Dougtheinternetannoyance123
09-21-2017, 12:30 PM
Cool, I am thinkin that there is an opportunity to get a LOT more choppers into the mix here. Because I have a long list of lame excuses
such as health issues I dont have any of my classic bikes running right now (1950s stuff) But Ill have a cool chop going this winter as well as other bikes for next years riding season. I got clearance locally to ride my Buell. So, it stands out but not in the traditional categories.
But hope this gets people fired up to get in on the act.
Of course,, save the Ta ta's as well.