PDA

View Full Version : Bates Headlight High Beam Indicator Jewel

Kryzstov
09-05-2017, 8:56 AM
Does anyone have a suggestion as to where I can buy a Bates Headlight High Beam plastic Indicator Jewel? Mine flew off while on the freeway :(

I've looked at buying an old beat up headlight at the swap meet and just removing the jewel, but all of the old jewels seem to be almost melted onto place and not removable.

Do any companies sell replacement jewels?

I've attached pics of my missing jewel and a pic of what I'm looking for.

Thanks in advance!

farmall
09-05-2017, 10:14 AM
Try Ebay for "machinery indicator lens", "indicator lamp assembly" and "Machinery Indicators & Indicator Components".

I just searched those since it's an interesting question and I may need something similar. Lots of hits.

Kryzstov
09-06-2017, 12:35 PM
Thanks for your reply. Good idea in the right direction, but still can't seem to find anything :(

Tattooo
09-06-2017, 1:10 PM
Thanks for your reply. Good idea in the right direction, but still can't seem to find anything :(

Just keep looking, Many things aren't something you can right now...... But in time........

r2d2u2
09-06-2017, 2:00 PM
Maybe this'll get you going in the right direction...
Looked under light jewels for this also try under guitar amplifier parts...http://www.ebay.com/itm/John-Deere-Red-Jewel-Ignition-Switch-Light-12V-70D-80-720D-AA4926R-/260935635966?hash=item3cc0f9d3fe:m:mgg8Sb07wjpMb4Y OjgU-0Lw

Dougtheinternetannoyance123
09-06-2017, 4:24 PM
All kinds of stuff out there if you think outside the box... besides old machinery, like industrial supply and manufacturing theres often old indicator lights often sold at discount for old cars-trucks etc....

Try a truck stop or 18 wheeler supply place... On road trips there is several truckstops that have a wide variety of trucker bling and gizmos. Most is avail on the net for a fraction of the price but I have gotten some cool ideas at these stores. Along interstate 5 there is several TRUCK CHROME SHOPS and they are an orgy of bling... Everyone is going LED now but you can find all kinds of goofy old stuff on clearance.

I also love shopping military surplus stores (Way cool stuff) as well as whenever going thru Seattle Washington look up and spend a 1/2 day at the Boeing surplus sales store. Been a while but I always come out of there with piles of tools, equipment and materials.
(Need sheets of Aluminum? T6 billet stock? Titanium bolts?)

The lenses you are looking for tend to be cheap plastic and domed, but some are jewelled (Multi facet surface) and you can even find some that are glass...

Localgringo85
09-07-2017, 3:00 PM
Does anyone have a suggestion as to where I can buy a Bates Headlight High Beam plastic Indicator Jewel? Mine flew off while on the freeway :(

I've looked at buying an old beat up headlight at the swap meet and just removing the jewel, but all of the old jewels seem to be almost melted onto place and not removable.

Do any companies sell replacement jewels?

I've attached pics of my missing jewel and a pic of what I'm looking for.

Thanks in advance!

Damn those are rare dude...look at scrap yards and swapmeets good luck man

farmall
09-07-2017, 4:40 PM
Try this search string, both via Google and Ebay. I just did and it looks interesting.

faceted red indicator jewel

You can always add vintage to search strings.

Tattooo
09-07-2017, 5:07 PM
Why don't you buy another nice complete light with the jewel in it????????? I've seen many of them for sale....

Unless it's the hunt your after???

09-13-2017, 5:45 PM
An early Honda indicator light looks really nice on a Bates light. http://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-Honda-cb-450-CL-450-CB450-CL450-High-beam-indicator-headlight-/152432715465?hash=item237db2a6c9:g:KvIAAOSw~AVYnpM S&vxp=mtr