PDA

View Full Version : Primo Rivera may be going out of business?

farmall
09-03-2017, 11:07 AM
I stumbled on this so I'm passing it on. If you rely on any of their stuff or want to keep an eye out for the liquidation auction it's worth watching (or stocking up).

http://www.harleytechtalk.com/index.php?topic=98984.0 (scroll down)

Well, not sure you will see any game changers at all once the present stock is gone, found out this weekend at the Drag Specialties dealer meeting that Primo Rivera is no more as in no longer in business. BDL has any clutch discs you may need

The soft Harley market seems to be taking it's toll.

Natehate
09-03-2017, 11:54 AM
i hadn't heard they were closing the doors all together
i did hear they stopped carrying su's which is a real drag

Dragstews
09-03-2017, 12:15 PM
Placed an order a few days ago with em....

Most always I ask for Rose being she has been very helpful in the past and knew the product line super well ...
She has been with them from almost the start of the business ...
Seems that she has moved on to Performance Machine...

The Fellow I talked with said that the company is being revamped and may be getting out of manufacturing parts and will continue as a dist.

farmall
09-03-2017, 12:30 PM
What does that mean for their product lines?

Dragstews
09-03-2017, 12:41 PM
Will be outsourced ... perhaps ... :confused:

Natehate
09-03-2017, 3:59 PM
bummer

i need a chrome su kit and have no money to pull the trigger on one at the moment :(

farmall
09-03-2017, 7:32 PM
SUs are still made new (and sold on Ebay) but Rivera do some mods to theirs. I've not run one or had a Rivera apart next to a stock SU to tell.

If you are crafty you could figure out what the different hardware is and buy that and maybe a manifold, then hunt the carb later.

Wheelup
09-22-2017, 9:15 AM
Some things will be bought out by other companies. Some things will go away. Unless a last minute buyer steps up.

MikeyPRriveraPrimo
09-27-2017, 8:34 PM
The long awiated answers from the horses mouth.

I would be the fellow mentioned above. That was a misunderstanding. We are getting out of the SU business for the time being, i could not tell you when the next time we will stock these. This is what i can tell you, we are not closing up shop or filing bankruptcy.
Currently we are in a restructuring phase, we want to move away from carrying everyone elses parts, and focus on what we know best belt drives and clutches, and drive line conversion kits (4 to 6 speed)

Any questions please feel free to fire away

Michael
Rivera Primo

vonhelmet
09-28-2017, 4:59 AM
Thanks for stepping up and setting it straight.

farmall
09-28-2017, 7:42 AM
Any plans to sell your unique SU-specific parts and manifolds instead of complete SUs?

As the SU market fades it's understandable to drop the expensive carb kit.

Dragstews
09-28-2017, 12:21 PM
Any plans to sell your unique SU-specific parts and manifolds instead of complete SUs?

As the SU market fades it's understandable to drop the expensive carb kit.

I been on the hunt for quite awhile looking for a Velocity Stack for a S.U. HD-6 ....

If ya decide to part with the one in your show case, let me know .... I'll give it a good home ..!!!

And keep the doors open ....

Whoremonger
09-28-2017, 6:23 PM

I would be the fellow mentioned above. That was a misunderstanding. We are getting out of the SU business for the time being, i could not tell you when the next time we will stock these. This is what i can tell you, we are not closing up shop or filing bankruptcy.
Currently we are in a restructuring phase, we want to move away from carrying everyone elses parts, and focus on what we know best belt drives and clutches, and drive line conversion kits (4 to 6 speed)

Michael
Rivera Primo
This is good news. You guys make excellent driveline products!

DanAz
10-11-2017, 12:13 AM
Anybody got a good source for SU parts since Rivera is getting out of them.
I just picked one up, haven't run one for about 10 years. I'm sure it's going to need some parts.

DanAz
10-11-2017, 12:17 AM

Michael
Rivera Primo

Glad you guys are staying in it. I've run nothing but your drive parts exclusively over the last 25 years and don't feel the need to change brands this late in the game. The reliability and support has always kept me away from the "other guys".

Rae
10-29-2017, 11:41 AM
Where can I buy a 3" open drive clutch basket? Was relying on Rivera Primo :-(

Dragstews
10-29-2017, 11:46 AM
Anybody got a good source for SU parts since Rivera is getting out of them.
I just picked one up, haven't run one for about 10 years. I'm sure it's going to need some parts.

http://joecurto.com/

He's into cars, not much bikes, but Boy does he have the parts....

Dragstews
10-29-2017, 12:01 PM
Where can I buy a 3" open drive clutch basket? Was relying on Rivera Primo :-(

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Rivera-Primo-Rear-Basket-Replacement-for-Brute-IV-Extreme-3in-Open-Belt-Drive/232418296361?epid=202929544&hash=item361d35c229:g:qBAAAOSwtfhYono6&vxp=mtr

Make, Year and Model .. Please ...

Dragstews
11-05-2017, 9:38 PM
Been hearing rumors that Rivera/Primo are now defunct ..
I have made numerous calls to place orders and no answer but for a recording with no way to leave a message ...

...... Bummer ......

Loved their Pro Clutch....

Michael
Rivera Primo

What's up with dat .. ??

cvperformance
12-02-2017, 9:19 PM
Spoke to several distributors who have confirmed Rivera has stopped answering phones or returning calls, and they haven't filled orders for months. I'm calling this one dead. Sucks too because their Pro Clutch was perfect in a shovel.

Dragstews
12-02-2017, 9:57 PM
Sad to say .... But I concur .... :(

JeffT33
12-21-2017, 9:40 PM
I just spoke to them in September and they said they were stopping SU distibutorship, but still doing all of their other bits. I ordered some parts too. Itís a shame if they are done.

farmall
12-22-2017, 5:04 PM
Playing belt matchup is gonna be interesting. Fortunately you can contact belt OEMs if you have your old belt to measure tooth profile and pitch. Industrial mechanics have to play belt matching on old shit and tech support is your friend.

MikeyPRriveraPrimo
06-04-2019, 9:35 AM
Lets revive this thread, I need to get better at getting to these forums, anyone know of an app?
Anyways lets see if i can get all tyese answered

SU PARTS

joe curteo is a good source
Walker products is another (vitton cups)
Burlen fuel systems (google it) O.E manufactuer of the SU we used the HIF
James gaskets for some.

Distributor issues i dont even know where to start.
Without naming names
One big one we lost our asses to about 1 year 1.5years ago
The other just up and stopped placing orders and from what ive gathered from some dealers is that theyre reps were telling shops we were done for.

We still work with a few,
The good people over at Tedds, Mid Usa, Custom Chrome Europe, W&W. Hopefully we will mend the relationship with one of the unnamed distributors.

Phone stuff is getting better, online store is up and running, a more user friendly website.
ill include the link at the bottom. New product on the way for late models, the pc1000 is still being made as well as all other pro clutches
1.5" belt drives are being made as well
Almost anything you could consider proprietary to us is being made.

I can usually ship same day with MOST parts
Belt drives may be a diffrent story as they need assembled.

We are looking for some "market information" on what our customers wants from us, parts, support, anything let me know

Www.riveraprimo.us
Michael@riveraprimo.com
Instagram @riveraprimoinc

Hoghead
06-04-2019, 2:14 PM
Good luck Mikey , glad you're 'back'. W&W are one of the most respected names in Europe. Good that you are in with them.

farmall
06-04-2019, 7:02 PM
Good to hear!

Your website needs finishing to have pics instead of icons to make it more comprehensible.

Text descriptions could be improved. Head gasket for what?: https://riveraprimo.us/products/1092-0007

IMO the home page should have a less generic and more attention grabbing layout featuring products RiveraPrimo are famous for. That stuff doesn't affect me but modern internet attention spans ain't long.

I'm not a web designer but IIRC there are a couple in these forums who might chime in with tips. We want you to succeed!

MikeyPRriveraPrimo
06-05-2019, 5:47 AM
I agree, we are in the process of taking quality photos of over 1500 parts right now. And the descriptions should be getting fixed as well.

What parts would you like to see on the feautered parts? Pc1000a? Brute 1.5" belt drives.

Thanks for any input. We can only go up from here, each day we can only get better.

farmall
06-05-2019, 6:14 AM
Feature anything sexy, which of course includes belt drives. Minor parts can stay at thumbnail size but the high dollar items would be much easier for customers to see if a larger image is linked to the thumbnail.

A site should make a viewer say "I want to buy that!". After the grunt work of pics is complete, adding pics of bikes using your parts helps customers picture those parts on their scoot.

I wouldn't get too fancy, for example those silly high-bandwith online catalogs where viewers appear to turn pages. That adds nothing to the customer experience and loads slowly. Your current design loads quickly which is a good thing.

I like the consolidated .pdf installation guides.

Sugarcubes
06-06-2019, 5:54 AM
Great to see Rivera Primo still out there. I think more of the younger riders are starting to veer away from the pan/knuck/shovel chops due to increasing price and reliability issues and picking up the now classic 90s evo big twins to chop down. You will start to see an increase in demand for primary belt drives, kicker kits and chain conversions for these bikes.

DoomBuggy
06-06-2019, 7:55 AM
I agree, we are in the process of taking quality photos of over 1500 parts right now. And the descriptions should be getting fixed as well.

What parts would you like to see on the feautered parts? Pc1000a? Brute 1.5" belt drives.

Thanks for any input. We can only go up from here, each day we can only get better.

I agree with Farmall's idea's and wanted to second the idea of pictures of the part installed. Makes it a lot easier to visualize how it might work on my sled.

ChoppersONLY
06-09-2019, 7:02 PM
I placed an order a few weeks ago went smooth but the website was hard to navigate for some reason I couldn't find the part but after I called I was given a part number to enter and it came up. But I swear you coudlnt find it by just looking. Maybe something to look into. But overall service was great I got the part on and the bikes rollin once again. Thanks.