PDA

View Full Version : Alternatives to J&P Cycles

DoomBuggy
08-24-2017, 6:58 AM
So I have been bitten by J&P's poor QC and even poorer customer support. It looks like it will be at least another week before I get the mainshaft for my Panhead. This is after they sent me the wrong part which had two different part numbers on the box.

You know mistakes happen, but lack of customer support is never excusable.

Anyhow, who do you buy from? I really did like J&Ps catalog, their prices ( after joining their buyers club ) were fair, but I can't accept a lackadaisical attitude when it comes to their clients. ( I currently run the operations group for a large international company and we would NEVER treat a customer like this )

I appreciate everyone's feedback
-H

Tattooo
08-24-2017, 7:08 AM
I say it all the time...... I don't buy new parts only used nice OEM....... Unless new is my ONLY option.......... Which that is a very rare........

1990Beck
08-24-2017, 8:37 AM
I always use Revzilla because of their customer support. Its always been top notch, products get here super fast, and they've always been very responsive with emails/calls.

farmall
08-24-2017, 9:48 AM
I buy where the deal is best. That's usually Ebay for new and used parts because as many businesses have Ebay stores. I also use Amazon and mostly get good deals there via Powersports Superstore who ship fast.

I'll use anyone's store for reference photos, but Ebay photos tend to be very good and unlike everywhere else, Ebay feedback matters.

If I need new HD parts I use Surdyke or Ronnies (who have a very nice online parts lookup).

The only support I need is my parts on fucking time. Study thine arse off or ask here if it's something exceptional.

Piss on unprofessional suppliers. Also piss on shops who don't behave exactly like an industrial job shop because that's what they are. A good supplier of custom made parts tells you up front what the wait time will be. When the last slow-leaking uncommunicative unprofessional dog felcher who isn't clear and concise about ship dates dies the world will be a better place.

I prefer to pay with credit card and I'll file a chargeback if I get boned. Only had to do two so far, and none for bike parts. Did one complaint on Ebay for a douchenozzle who couldn't be arsed to tell me he was a drop shipper and went on vacation. I protect my fucking Ebay rating so I expect others to do likewise.

Crawdadbobb
08-24-2017, 2:12 PM
[QUOTE=farmall;770170]I buy where the deal is best. That's usually Ebay for new and used parts because as many businesses have Ebay stores. I also use Amazon and mostly get good deals there via Powersports Superstore who ship fast.

I'll use anyone's store for reference photos, but Ebay photos tend to be very good and unlike everywhere else, Ebay feedback matters.

I am with ya on that, but for my panhead only go with good used parts or new old stock from eBay, thegoodoldmotorcycle company, who carries colony or Dixie..
On my shovel I'll buy j and p old stf, etc

I go through anamosa once or twice a year and stop and j and p, I can slap the piss outta them for pour customer service if ya want me too. Lol

CycleFreak
08-24-2017, 2:23 PM
I run the parts counter at an indie shop and sell a ton of shit through our eBay store. However, locals always get a better deal since there's no eBay fees, PayPal fees, MAP policies or shipping involved. I'd suggest you talk to some local shops.

nuklhd
08-25-2017, 12:20 AM
jeez pretty much anyplace but jp. most of them just sell Taiwan teds stuff anyway.
crawdaddy mentioned bob at good old motorcycle company. he's good.
another thing is what i'm looking for also.

usmc50lx
08-25-2017, 10:22 AM
Dennis Kirk has been my go to lately if they have it... Order it 8pm Tuesday night have it in my hand Thursday with free shipping.

BadMonkeyMW
08-26-2017, 12:55 PM
I run the parts counter at an indie shop and sell a ton of shit through our eBay store. However, locals always get a better deal since there's no eBay fees, PayPal fees, MAP policies or shipping involved. I'd suggest you talk to some local shops.

I'll second that. Seek out a good, local shop. You'll never get better service than a place that is run by the guy who owns it. J&P can eat a dick.

Ozarksbikebum
08-27-2017, 9:37 AM
Man this thread answered alot of gnawing questions....... Thanks. I'm out in the boonies, and the local shop(there is only one anywhere close) works on tractors, lawn mowers etc. I wanted to throw some business the guys way, but he don't seem to be very enthusiastic. Guys like me who are dependent on online suppliers need to know who's reliable... and ain't.
While I'm here, I'm planning a complete build and would like to find a vender in the midwest I can buy A to Z from. Happy Trails

750devo
08-27-2017, 10:14 PM
Wwag.com. For me in Canada I can get parts from germany faster than I can get them from the USA. Website is the best I have ever used and they have great customer service. Many of the parts are higher quality than what you get stateside.

Benny74
08-28-2017, 6:13 AM
I've pretty much had it with J&P. I ordered a set of pipes from them, and kept getting the old "they're on the way" or "they're being shipped tomorrow". Come to find out they never even had the pipes, nor did they know that the supplier did not have them. So after a month, I was finally told that I wasn't getting my pipes. Their customer support is absolute trash. I usually try to buy from local indy's, lowbrow or used parts from random people if I can. I'm done giving them my money.

Tattooo
08-28-2017, 8:17 AM
I usually try to buy from local indy's, lowbrow or used parts from random people if I can. I'm done giving them my money.

That's some sound advice right there............

KevinN
08-28-2017, 5:02 PM
J&P opened up a huge warehouse local to me in Louisville,KY. I was told they have a retail will call counter but due to my past luck with them I'm not interested. The indy shop I use went out of business so I need to find another guy.

Maverick31210
08-29-2017, 12:55 PM
I avoid buying new shit as much as I can...except for gaskets, bushings, filters, tires, shit like that. For what it's worth, I have yet to have an issue with JP in the few orders that I have placed. Revzilla is good but they're kind of spendy compared to others.

bls72bmw
08-29-2017, 5:38 PM
I've taken to just calling Andy at eHarleyparts.com
It's him. He answers the phone, will give advice feeely without attitude, offer used parts if that's what you need and ships pretty quick. As a newer person to Harley parts getting personal tech support without attitude is my big factor

BuddhahoodVato
08-30-2017, 8:25 PM
Try Wendy at Flatland Motorcycles, vintage and new parts, well, look over their stock.
http://www.flatlandmotorcyclecompany.com/default.asp

Jfuller
08-30-2017, 9:58 PM
V twin has most everything you'd need.

nuklhd
08-31-2017, 12:12 AM
Try Wendy at Flatland Motorcycles, vintage and new parts, well, look over their stock.
http://www.flatlandmotorcyclecompany.com/default.asp

I have bought many items there ruben. wendy and kurt are top notch. they were 45partsdepot last time I made a purchase.