PDA

View Full Version : New to the group. First time chopping.

GloriousLeftover11B
08-20-2017, 10:31 AM
Ladies and Gents! Thank you for having me! Thought I'd come in and introduce myself. I come out of Victoria, TX, deep down in the South of the state. Been riding for probably 10 years. My main ride is a Yamaha Stryker 1300. BUT, my new project that I'll be starting is on my original. The very first bike I ever bought. I'll be bobbing out my 01 Honda Shadow Sabre 1100. I've never done anything like this before so I have a lot to learn. Any advice y'all can give me would be awesome. I'll be going through the forums looking for topics that can help me. Really looking forward to my first time and here's to the process!

Thanks!

P.S. If there's anyone down in my neck of the woods, let me know. Always looking for motorcycle buddies in the area.

DrFxr
08-20-2017, 2:54 PM
Welcome aboard man. Best I can say is have a solid vision, map out what you need to do to get there, and expect a little of the unexpected. The better you plan, the less unexpected crap happens. Figure out where your abilities, access to tools, and budget meet your vision, and how you can overcome any shortfalls there. Buy a shop manual, strip your bike down, and take lots of pics while doing so. Once you have all the tins etc off, it's a lot easier to see how much cutting, grinding and welding is required to get your "look". People are pretty helpful here, if you are unsure about a process or have a hiccup along the way, just ask. Happy choppin'!