PDA

View Full Version : take the time to read the signs

beanhead78
06-30-2010, 7:27 PM
im not trying to turn this into the xlforum or anything but.... ive been dealing with alot of bullshit lately, well since the end of march. i havent been able to go out and ride this summer basically at all. planned on going to the "get down" that was going to be my stress relief, but ended up doing a top end that weekend due to a bent exhaust valve. got all my chickens in a row" bike wise" and this past friday my buddie and i andrew74 on here decieded to go have a beer at a bar about 20 miles away from my house. long story short. while riding in the country and you see a sign with an arrow that says "insert town" 30 miles follow it. and all the other ones after that. i had one of the best times just following stupid signs. ill tell you what i had the best hangover ive had in a long time. just make sure you got gas.

h8ter
06-30-2010, 8:03 PM
Used to do that all the time when I was younger. You just reminded me how awesome that can be...you discover the best rides (and places) that way. My dad used to say, "go get lost"...

chopped850
07-01-2010, 10:38 AM
Used to do that all the time when I was younger. You just reminded me how awesome that can be...you discover the best rides (and places) that way. My dad used to say, "go get lost"...

Is that when you had a running bike?

CRFyou
07-01-2010, 11:23 AM
my buddy and i live off of PCH in orange county. one day we decided to chop to lunch by going south.

we were in Dana Point in no time. then we're like, "wanna just keep going south until we get to old mexico?"

i felt like billy the kid. so we tried. but fucking PCH kept ending and we'd have to get on the 5 freeway until a coastal road presented itself again. the 5 freeway got old real fast. we turned back around in ocean side.

but it was still cool.

Coldies
07-01-2010, 12:29 PM
I do the same as well. Take PCH from Carlsbad northbound into dana point, clemente, etc... Im not familiar with those towns so yes its fun to get lost some times. Enjoy the ride