PDA

View Full Version : IT's done and running,,, getting legal tonite

Webrat
07-05-2017, 5:50 AM
Well,, to quote Jerry Garcia,,, "What a long strange trip it's been".
3 summers,,,2.5 years of trial and errors attempting to get my shit so it doesn't mock everyone else's shit.
Just a small list of mods and stuff I have done in the name of want.

1978 XS frame,,1982 engine,,,VooDoo Vintage MK25 tail,,,Power Dynamo timing/ignition,,,single VM34,,,Wiseguy 2 into 1 intake,,,custom "F"pipes,,,12" mini apes,,,16" spoked drum rear,,,19" front with factory disk,,, old fuel filler removed on tank and replaced with center fill,,fuel sight tube on tank,,,stretched 5" lowered 3",,,shaved cases,,,custom forwards,,,Harley tombstone tail light,,,fenders from MonsterCraftsman,,,530 chain,,,Probably a lot more

Now that this one is done I am already thinking about the next one,,, I'm considering a monoshock frame,,,,Oh well but that's another thread.

Attached or linked is a couple images and videos of it running. I KNOW the clutch is slipping on the video,,, it has been taken care of. Videos are after spending a day rejetting a single VM34 to run into a 2 into 1 intake from Joe Wiseguy.

Enjoy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LaGFH31gzws

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pOUaFKm73Jo

Webrat
07-05-2017, 6:00 AM
Coupla more images

farmall
07-06-2017, 9:50 AM
I like how you preserved the vintage Yamaha style instead of trying to make it look like a Harley. (The tail light doesn't count since the stockers looked like ass.)

Please post your jet numbers and elevation above sea level to help the next guy.

Webrat
07-12-2017, 7:56 AM
I like how you preserved the vintage Yamaha style instead of trying to make it look like a Harley. (The tail light doesn't count since the stockers looked like ass.)

Please post your jet numbers and elevation above sea level to help the next guy.
===============================
Thanks for the kind comments Farmall,,
35 pilot
2.5 slide
6dh4 needle set at 3rd slot from top
175 main
air 20
With a cone K&N air filter.

My town is at around 558 feet above sea level.
It runs GREAT,,,so great I think I am going to drop to a 30 tooth rear sprocket to try and recover some RPM at highway speeds.
The vibration is minimal, except for the solid aluminum foot pegs,, but I can live with it.
Overall I am very pleased with it,

OleDirtyDoc
07-13-2017, 6:14 AM
Sweet

Webrat
07-14-2017, 6:15 AM
Sweet
========================================
Coming from you ole head,,, that IS a compliment,,
I thank ya

OleDirtyDoc
07-14-2017, 8:59 AM
========================================
Coming from you ole head,,, that IS a compliment,,
I thank ya

you're welcome. you gonna be at strange days?

Webrat
07-18-2017, 6:49 AM
you're welcome. you gonna be at strange days?
================================
When and where ODD?