PDA

View Full Version : Service Manual for First Rigid Evo

unfinishedprojects
07-03-2017, 5:16 PM
My father and I both just bought our first rigid Evo bikes, both are used bikes we bought locally and one had an 80" Harley Evo and the other has a 100" Revtech.

We'd like to buy a good Harley service manual and after doing some research, Softail manual from the 84-99 range makes most sense since that's when the engines were used. Any big changes over those years? I would guess a later manual would make the most sense? I know most of the stuff on our bikes isn't factory, but at least we'd have a good factory manual and specs to reference if needed.

Thanks for the help.

farmall
07-03-2017, 5:35 PM
I'd begin with that choice, and the parts catalog too because the exploded views are highly informative.

You could contact Revtech to see about getting tech data for your particular engine too. Knowledge is power.

unfinishedprojects
07-03-2017, 6:06 PM
Thanks Farmall!

BadMonkeyMW
07-03-2017, 6:27 PM
I've generally found a 96 or 97 Softail service manual to be a pretty good reference for any custom/rigid that is running an Evo/5 speed combo drivetrain. Being custom built, there's no telling exactly how the builder put your particular bikes together, but those late 90's softail manuals are usually a good baseline book to work from.

unfinishedprojects
07-03-2017, 7:37 PM
That's exactly what I was thinking. I'll jump on eBay and try to find a 97 service and parts manual.

Thanks again!