PDA

View Full Version : Magnetic speedo

sdustin
06-30-2017, 2:12 PM
So I'm in the middle of my second build. It's an 84 ascot vt, not ft unfortunately. But I have a fancy looking Chinese dash that has a speedometer built in but it's a magnetic sensor. Looking at it I think the best way to mount it would be fab a mounting plate for the sensor on the front fork tube, then mount the magnet in the front brake rotor. But I don't have any experience with speedometers like this. Does anyone have any ideas or is what I'm thinking about my only option?

Tattooo
06-30-2017, 2:45 PM
That might work just fine as long as it is exactly the same distance rotation as where it was mounted before.... If it isn't the speed will be off...

sdustin
06-30-2017, 4:14 PM
It's after market. Factory the bike has a cable speedo

Tattooo
06-30-2017, 4:31 PM
It's after market. Factory the bike has a cable speedo

Oh I got ya.... Sorry I misunderstood I thought you were relocating the factory dash....... What does the instructions say how it should be mounted??

sdustin
06-30-2017, 6:42 PM
Instructions are only a diagram showing what wire do what. One page. It was a cheap eBay dash. But looks really good. I'll figure it out. And worse case jus

Tattooo
06-30-2017, 7:35 PM
Good luck..... In the end if you don't figure it out who needs a speedo anyway???

sdustin
07-01-2017, 6:50 AM
Excatly. But it's nice to have an odometer.