PDA

View Full Version : About to take a journey

Jdavis0203
06-30-2010, 11:31 AM
Im about to ride from Portland oregon to Forth Worth Texas on my 76 honda cj360. Its going to be an experience thats for sure. Im taking the route from portland into Idaho down into salt lake then into flag staff. If anyone has suggestions on camping spots certain roads to take anything of the sort please give suggestions. So far its going to be me and the bike a 1 person tent sleeping bag and a bag of tools with a couple shirts and stuff in it. Cant wait.

Tito
06-30-2010, 3:22 PM
Honda cj360, that's a six speed, right? I envy you. I'm hoping to go up the california coastline up to Seattle one day soon. My bike, tools, sleerping bag, collapsible fishing pole, and that's about it. Are you gonna keep a photo journal or something like it along the way? Good luck.

KrOwN
06-30-2010, 3:39 PM
If you come down i35 in northern Oklahoma, u have a place to stay here!

Punkskalar
06-30-2010, 3:42 PM
I sometimes just find a cool spot in the woods to pull off into just of the highways... Never been bothered, but I don't have fires or anything like that... My dad used to camp under the overpasses when he rode his bike, but I think thats a no-go nowadays...

Jdavis0203
06-30-2010, 4:12 PM
Honda cj360, that's a six speed, right? I envy you. I'm hoping to go up the california coastline up to Seattle one day soon. My bike, tools, sleerping bag, collapsible fishing pole, and that's about it. Are you gonna keep a photo journal or something like it along the way? Good luck.

Its actually a 5 speed the main difference between the cj and the cb was the transmission ratio and that the cjs did not have an electric starter.

Im not sure if im coming threw OK if so ill let you know thanks for the offer.

Thats what i was thinking just where needed get some rest threw the night wake up at 6am and ride off and on all day. ive never been to idaho or salt lake city to flagstaff i hope its a good ride

smokey469
06-30-2010, 8:25 PM
I envy that man, I'd love to just strap a few things to my bike and take off on a trip like that, one of these days........

ChoppyGee
06-30-2010, 8:33 PM
Careful if you take I-15 through idaho and utah if you take Id recommend taking highway 91 from the idaho border to brigham city and the old highway through Ogden . southern idaho and northen utah if you get in trouble let me know. I got peeps.

Punkskalar
06-30-2010, 9:34 PM
Make sure to PM everyone on the "Travel Assistance" thread and get their numbers in case you need anything, or just need a place to crash....

JH282
06-30-2010, 10:22 PM
I sometimes just find a cool spot in the woods to pull off into just of the highways... Never been bothered, but I don't have fires or anything like that... My dad used to camp under the overpasses when he rode his bike, but I think thats a no-go nowadays...

Did the overpass thing a couple years ago while hopping freights. Got hastled by the law. Apparently its a homeland security issue.

JoeNots
07-01-2010, 5:20 PM
awesome trip! you can sleep in walmart parking lots i think if you don't want to rough it. I know motorhomes are legit there, don't see why a guy & his bike would get shit. National forests are ok to camp in. National park pass for the year is $80 i think, if you want to see the sites.

I'm leaving CA end of July for a ride through the south, up to NY, then make my way back. Camping or staying on couches the whole way. 6 weeks i hope. more if the money doesn't run out! ahh to be laid off! first trip over 500 miles. this one will be 7000-10000. anyone wanna go or ride part of the way? I'm going solo as far as i can tell. Bastard Bash in NC 8/20-8/23 then Gypsy Run in NY 8/26-8/29.

Motorradfahrer
07-01-2010, 7:00 PM
awesome trip! you can sleep in walmart parking lots i think if you don't want to rough it. I know motorhomes are legit there, don't see why a guy & his bike would get shit. National forests are ok to camp in. National park pass for the year is $80 i think, if you want to see the sites.

I'm leaving CA end of July for a ride through the south, up to NY, then make my way back. Camping or staying on couches the whole way. 6 weeks i hope. more if the money doesn't run out! ahh to be laid off! first trip over 500 miles. this one will be 7000-10000. anyone wanna go or ride part of the way? I'm going solo as far as i can tell. Bastard Bash in NC 8/20-8/23 then Gypsy Run in NY 8/26-8/29.

Wow! That sounds like an epic trip.

JoeNots
07-01-2010, 7:14 PM
Wow! That sounds like an epic trip.

i hope so! hope to meet a lot of good people, eat some good food, & see some great stuff. i figure if i gotta do it while i'm laid off, not married, & no kids. not that those things will make it impossible but they will make it harder.