PDA

View Full Version : Springer neck stem bolt question

Hooligans
06-28-2017, 9:19 PM
Picked up what appears to be an AEE springer minus the stem bolt. Bottom tree is threaded, frame is a Paughco, anyone know a good source for a stem bolt that would work?

Hooligans
06-28-2017, 9:24 PM

Hooligans
06-28-2017, 9:26 PM

Blackbetty
06-29-2017, 11:04 AM
You need to figure out the stack height with the bearings/dust shields/cups you decide to use and probably have someone cut one for you out of 4140 or something.

That's what I did anyway. Took two shots too but my machinist fucked up the threads on the first round. Had to go buy more material for him.

pantspisser
06-30-2017, 8:53 AM
You need to figure out the stack height with the bearings/dust shields/cups you decide to use and probably have someone cut one for you out of 4140 or something.

That's what I did anyway. Took two shots too but my machinist fucked up the threads on the first round. Had to go buy more material for him.

+1

Your local machine shop can make a stem to your dimensions about as fast as you can order one online. If for what ever reason their pricing or lead time is unreasonable shoot me a pm and I can turn one for you.

Hooligans
06-30-2017, 7:30 PM
+1

Your local machine shop can make a stem to your dimensions about as fast as you can order one online. If for what ever reason their pricing or lead time is unreasonable shoot me a pm and I can turn one for you.

I definitely appreciate it. I will talk to a local guy I have and if all else fails I will shoot you a PM