PDA

View Full Version : Road Rage southern ca.

KevinN
06-22-2017, 12:39 PM
Anybody see this ?
www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ET1JZdNo sorry don't know how to embed.

Edit: I fukked that up but you can find it on youtube : Newhall road rage crash.

Pretty eye opening.

fastfiat
06-22-2017, 12:48 PM
Dont think kicking a guys car when your on a bike is the brightest thing to do. As usual the innocent guy in the truck got the worst of it. No telling what led up to it but there have been plenty of time ive wanted to do the same thing buy your just to vulnerable on a bike and to many people on the road would just as well take you out without much forethought.

Rorin67
06-22-2017, 1:00 PM
Additional news reports here in SoCal state that the bike was burnt orange in color. Not too many of those out there. The police and CHP are actively looking for this guy as he is partially at fault. He should have stopped to render assistance, not ridden away like a coward.

I lane split almost every day here (yes, it is crazy dangerous!), and just yesterday I was cut-off by a car illegally crossing the double yellow line. Did I kick his car? No. But his windows were down, so I did politely told him that next time he should use his turn signals so I have at least some warning.

KevinN
06-22-2017, 1:07 PM
The video doesn't give us anything before the kick. To me it looks like the bike kicked and the car swerved simultaneously. I couldn't ride away from that with any conscious. I don't encounter situations such as this as I live in a rural area. I would do whats necessary to survive but looking for trouble while on two wheels is almost a guarantee you're going to pay. This guy was lucky, the white truck not so much.

Whoremonger
06-23-2017, 6:09 PM
I think lane splitting is SAFER than sitting behind a car in traffic or a stop light. Been doing it for 45 yrs. been cut off countless times. The one time i went down lane splitting was my fault. I let my mind wander for a split second and thats all it took. Got caught between two cars. Luckily i nor the cars involved were not going too fast. I wasnt hurt ,the bike got a new dent ,or urban scar as i like to call them :) on the tank and a bent foot peg. Picked the bike up she fired right up and i was off. Didnt even exchange info with other drivers. They were freaking out thinking it was their Fault. I told them it was my fault being i was in their blindspot . You cant be scared or inattentive when you lane split.either one will get you hurt.

Dragstews
06-23-2017, 6:26 PM
Shit .....

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/XihQeZpwqpE" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Think I did watching both videos .... !!!!

DoomBuggy
06-23-2017, 6:43 PM
That sucks no matter what led up to it. More then a ton of steel against a guy on a bike is BS. The thing is that when I was out there I thought the drivers were way mellower then they are in Chicago.

SlyJJ
06-25-2017, 1:42 AM
I'd hardly consider the biker partially at fault. I'm not saying he wasn't a dick or anything (the video doesn't show us what happened before) but trying to kick a car door and attempted aggravated assault/ vehicular homicide are far cries from one another. The guy in the car is 100% at fault. The biker was lucky he didn't actually hit the car when he attempted to kick it because he'd most likely have dumped had he.

Tricky13
06-25-2017, 3:25 PM
Yeah saw that too, and as we know nothing of what triggered the guy to kick the car, judgment cant really be passed, i certainly take any action from a car driver that is likely to endanger my life very seriously, and to me he certainly intended harm to the biker.
Should it be deliberate act i have no qualms about leaving a mark that will have some financial impact, and may make the driver think about what he did and the possible consequences to a bikers life the next time he wants to be a smart ass.

However keeping going after seeing the resulting crash was a little harsh since there was another vehicle involved, but it wouldn't have happened if the car driver hadn't used his car a s a deadly weapon, i have seen a few videos of car drivers doing this to bikers in the US, and am surprised that there are not some serious assaults or shootings as a result.

farmall
06-25-2017, 3:48 PM
The car cut off the biker. First link is dead but this one shows the full incident.

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=2821471801209194&id=146505212039213&refsrc=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.google.com%2F&_rdr

As usual the infotainment (don''t call it news) fuck omit that bit in most of the linked examples.

Hoghead
06-25-2017, 4:09 PM
Fucking media -car driver got what he deserved-the one who didn't was the poor old guy in the pick-up.

OldStoner
06-26-2017, 5:31 PM
The motorcyclist​ isn't blamelessly...but nowhere in the video description did they mention the outright attempted murder by the driver against the property damage attempted by the cyclist.