PDA

View Full Version : Don't work on all of them at once!

Dangerpickle
06-20-2017, 4:17 PM
NOTE TO SELF;
Hey Dopey,
Q. Wonder why you aren't in the wind right now?
A. Because you're the kind of idiot that don't finish one job before starting another.
Learn from me, children, wisdom is often hidden beneath a deep layer of scar tissue, but stupid, stupid you see right up there on the surface.
Genevieve, on the lift for regearing (twinkie geared too tall from factory).....
Betty, ummm, forgot, i think compression, tore her down to do some top end stuff....
That Slut Lorelei, redesign, rebuild, taking shape, a month or so oughtta do it....
Maxine, dreaming of the merest caress of a wrench......

Dingo: Let's go for a putt.
Me: Uhhh, Well, ummmm...
Dingo: All of them?
Me: Yerp.

Strangler
06-21-2017, 8:46 AM
I thought it was just me. Cool.

jess
06-21-2017, 9:58 AM
Me too.

Pick one. Finish it. Then you can scatter yourself over the others when you aren't riding. Genevieve looks like your best bet to get rolling quickly.

Or you could give me one. Then you wouldn't have so much to do. ;)

SamHain
06-21-2017, 11:29 AM
Me too.

Pick one. Finish it. Then you can scatter yourself over the others when you aren't riding. Genevieve looks like your best bet to get rolling quickly.

Or you could give me one. Then you wouldn't have so much to do. ;)

What's this "finish" you speak of? I don't think I could ever be done, and if they run I'll break them. Looks like a fucking grenade went off in the garage, everything broker than everything else.

jess
06-21-2017, 12:53 PM
What's this "finish" you speak of? I don't think I could ever be done, and if they run I'll break them. Looks like a fucking grenade went off in the garage, everything broker than everything else.

You have room in your garage for a bike? Damn! I wish I did. Yeah, they break. We fix 'em. Never ending. I guess "finish" meant, get it to where you can ride and still get back home. Broke at home is better than broke on the road.

DoomBuggy
06-21-2017, 1:19 PM
I am down to the one bike and not too long ago the missus went to work and left me home for the day. When she came home she wondered where the bike was. Well some of it is in the attic, some of it is in those boxes over there, and look there is the frame.....mind if I spend some more money on her......

She just doesn't ask anymore.

farmall
06-22-2017, 8:06 AM
Genevieve, on the lift for regearing (twinkie geared too tall from factory).....

You could always shift later. Taking down a runner for foofoo changes when there's no spare is truly asking to be a pedestrian. The pulley swap is an afternoon. I gear everything taller than stock so I don't quite "get" gear lower gearing unless a particular bike spends a lot of time in first.

Attack the easy first then go in order. I take notes on cardboard with a Sharpie for each motorcycle.

I now do at least one useful act every day no matter how small and projects move faster. I have an even bigger pile of bikes awaiting love while I work on my shop, but have three tagged and running because I treat that shit just like fleet vehicle maintenance. Every time I imitate military or civilian or industrial ways of doing things I get more efficient.

KevinN
06-22-2017, 9:11 AM
I have workshop ADHD myself.

Dangerpickle
06-22-2017, 10:43 AM
I have workshop ADHD myself.

AHA! that's what i got! nice to put a name to it.

Dangerpickle
06-22-2017, 10:47 AM
You have room in your garage for a bike? Damn! I wish I did. Yeah, they break. We fix 'em. Never ending. I guess "finish" meant, get it to where you can ride and still get back home. Broke at home is better than broke on the road.

thing is, i don't have room in MY garage for cars, or lawnmowers, or paint, or garden rakes...........
that place is for bikes! well,and the dining room, that's where one of the shovels is in residence, i'm thinking one of the bedrooms might be up for conversion soon. being divorced has it's advantages....

Dangerpickle
06-22-2017, 10:51 AM

THIS.
none are EVER finished, i have never finished one. it's sorta like the cash out button on a video poker machine, heard of 'em, never used one. how the hell u know when they're finished?