PDA

View Full Version : Exhaust ID Please 2007 Sportster

thackertommy
06-18-2017, 10:39 PM
Hello,

Would someone care to try and identify these pipes? I bought this bike from my Son a few months ago, and I am going to do some work on it. These pipes are super loud, and I don't believe there is any kind of baffle inside them. I am going to change them, or remove the wrap, and install baffles. I just ordered a forward control set for it. I hate feeling like I am riding a dirt bike.

Its an 883, and it has had some "tuning" of some sort done to it. This bike will really run for an 883. It has 47k miles and has way more power that my 10k mile 2008 XL1200C. I was thinking about hardtailing until I heard I cant get a springer front end for this year model. I really had my heart set on a springer front end hardtail. This bike feels like it is about 3 or 4 inches taller than my XL, and I hate the way it feels.

I would appreciate some help on the ID please, so I can possibly get some baffles.

Thanks7748577485

Tattooo
06-19-2017, 7:08 AM
Yep some of those bikes run really strong...

Why can't you put a springer on it??? Who ever told you that don't ask them any more questions as they don't know what the hell they are talking about...

As for the pipes they look like Paucho/MAC turnouts nothing special. Just order that ever pipes you like the look of for that bike... If you want to order baffles you need to measure the pipes but it might be a challenge to get them in around the curve....

thackertommy
06-19-2017, 10:39 AM
The online catalogs I have seen show their springer front ends to stop around 2003. If you know of a company that has one for 2007 I would appreciate you passing that on.

Yep some of those bikes run really strong...

Why can't you put a springer on it??? Who ever told you that don't ask them any more questions as they don't know what the hell they are talking about...

As for the pipes they look like Paucho/MAC turnouts nothing special. Just order that ever pipes you like the look of for that bike... If you want to order baffles you need to measure the pipes but it might be a challenge to get them in around the curve....

thackertommy
06-19-2017, 2:10 PM
I just found a set for this model a pauchco, and they are $2200!!

Tattooo
06-19-2017, 2:54 PM
I just found a set for this model a pauchco, and they are $2200!!

Well there you go.... I told you them make them... There is nothing special about your bike.... Many others will work but it's a custom fit....