PDA

View Full Version : Triple tree and steering neck gap

Mooremike24
06-15-2017, 6:50 PM
Recently started installing new front end and while mounting the triple trees, I believe I have stumbled across a possible issue. I have a slight gap in between the trees and the steering cup. Everything should be correct. The cups were sent with the trees along with the bearings and bearing races. This is my first time doing it on true motorcycle so it may be correct and I just don't know. I have attached a few pictures. The help would be appreciated.

Tattooo
06-15-2017, 7:07 PM
That's just fine it's not meant to be sealed....

Mooremike24
06-15-2017, 7:11 PM
I figured it was meant to be completely flush so you wouldn't have metal on metal. I just didn't know if that was too much and it was hard to find a picture to reference.

Tattooo
06-15-2017, 7:18 PM
I figured it was meant to be completely flush so you wouldn't have metal on metal. I just didn't know if that was too much and it was hard to find a picture to reference.

Yes it's hard to find a pic since most pics are of completed bikes.... I've seen a couple of bikes without the covers on them at all.... It will be just fine but I'm sure others will chime in... Good luck with your build....

BuddhahoodVato
06-28-2017, 10:33 AM
Recently started installing new front end and while mounting the triple trees, I believe I have stumbled across a possible issue. I have a slight gap in between the trees and the steering cup. Everything should be correct. The cups were sent with the trees along with the bearings and bearing races. This is my first time doing it on true motorcycle so it may be correct and I just don't know. I have attached a few pictures. The help would be appreciated.

Sometimes, the races are not pressed in far enough, but what you have now is acceptable.