PDA

View Full Version : Front brake vs. no front brake fight!!!!

mtoepfer67
06-14-2017, 4:11 PM
So I posted in another thread and noticed that some people are really opinionated on this subject I know where I stand on the subject but was wondering what everybody has to say whether it's hipster or not or poser or your not hardcore with out a front brake.... just dropping a line to see what guys think also your opinions on suicide shift lol hate it/love it anyways FIGHT!!!!!!!!! Lmao

Tattooo
06-14-2017, 4:20 PM
What do you like??? Is that your bike in your profile???? No brake is just fine..... I have both.......

andri
06-14-2017, 4:37 PM
While I love the looks of a sleek bike with a spool hub, I have a front brake.
But that's just because how I like to ride, as well as because where I ride. Riding in traffic in the city and on bad twisty roads away from the city traffic, the front brake has saved me enough times for me not to consider going without it.

Fings369
06-14-2017, 4:53 PM
The times I've needed it I've had it...
Kinda like toilet paper you can get away with it but dear lord you know if you needed it you'd be a mess with out it.

Now for all intensive purposes I try to use solely back brakes for practice a lot mainly for times I do ride the unruly ones, but again I've used both brakes
and couldn't stop anyway... collar bones, ribs, vertebra, fingers.... meh who needs em all have been broken.. handful are missing..

pantspisser
06-14-2017, 5:09 PM
I'm neutral on it but I think if you're going to do no front brake: commit and do a spool hub and super narrow front end. Foot clutch + hand shift for the final bonus.

heyyodho
06-14-2017, 5:35 PM
Everyone's opinion is pretty stupid, including mine. Suicide clutch and no front brake works for me.

SamHain
06-14-2017, 7:48 PM
Do whatever. I use the shit out of front brakes, a nice clean front end looks a hell of a lot better.

WillSCB
06-15-2017, 12:21 AM
I ride with a front brake because I am in Las Vegas, and there are way too many dumbfucks on the road I need to avoid. Never ridden a bike with a suicide CLUTCH (not suicide shift, that is one of my pet peeves.) But, since I haven't ridden one, I am not going to chime in on that issue.

triumphbruce
06-15-2017, 5:46 AM
build it and ride it the way you want.
learn to ride it, and know your limitations.

DoomBuggy
06-15-2017, 6:31 AM
My first three chops had no front brake and I survived, my Ultra did have them and it saved my butt a few times. The Pan I am building now has a narrow glide with a front disk and I am quite pleased with it.

To each their own, what is that old expression, "There are old bikers, there are daring bikers, but there are very few daring, old bikers"

YMMV, -H

tzienlee
06-15-2017, 7:01 AM
like said Before,...It's your bike, do what ya like,....
me, I have had Suicide Clutch & hand shift and found no problems,
but I personally like good Brakes,...after all, I'm an Endangered Species !!!
I ride in traffic a lot and at speed and don't think Looking Cool is worth my life or others that I ride with,
after all,...I'd be gutted if my not having a brake made me ride into buddies on a run who had slowed or stopped for a reason I didn't know about & I couldn't stop in time which has happened to a buddy of mine.

flsjim
06-15-2017, 7:05 AM
If I were to run a hand shift I would go tank shift and rocker clutch..first harley I rode around on had a suicide clutch and the ass scratcher jockey shift,I don't give a tin shit what anyone else does,tho a lot of guys just like to impress upon people who don't know any better that they are some hard core motherfuckers.

There are actually hardcore dudes that can bang gears faster with a hand shift.but they are mostly old cats getting too old now...front brakes ...rode around on the old back drum for years and could barley stop the fucken things pushin them when broke down or the cops made me walkit outta town cause it was too loud,but i dug it at the time.

usmc50lx
06-15-2017, 7:08 AM
I've got both on rocker clutched bikes, and I'm an opinionated asshole but honestly who gives a shit if it floats your boat, trips your trigger, etc what does it matter if you're still alive and riding it and having fun

Tattooo
06-15-2017, 7:13 AM
There are actually hardcore dudes that can bang gears faster with a hand shift.but they are mostly old cats getting too old now...

Wait a minute I'm not that old yet.... LOL

DoomBuggy
06-15-2017, 7:28 AM
Wait a minute I'm not that old yet.... LOL

Well, actually....

Blackbetty
06-15-2017, 8:00 AM
The new rage is 24" rotors with 4 calipers on the front wheel

Tattooo
06-15-2017, 8:20 AM
Well, actually....

Well kinda..... But I can still ride... LOL

Tattooo
06-15-2017, 8:22 AM
The new rage is 24" rotors with 4 calipers on the front wheel

Damn I bet that will stop your ass....... WOW Well as long as the tire can get grip....

Nanonevol
06-15-2017, 8:27 AM
Well why not add apehangers to the argument? Lotsa posers rocking those.

farmall
06-15-2017, 8:59 AM
If you ditch the front brake run an effective rear brake and practice maximum braking so you know how fast you can haul it down.

BTW apehangers are actually fine for countersteering (especially vs pullbacks and buckhorns). I taught MSF courses for years running apes.

If you run apes, make a POSITIVE anti-rotation stop. My FXR has Biltwell stainless risers tack welded to the inside bottom of the bar. In a crash the tacks will shear. If the bar bends it's easy to twist off a single tack. On other bikes I run Front Street Cycle stainless bars with welded risers. Comfortable for my trashed back.

Yodhan
06-15-2017, 9:27 AM
I have never had a bike without one. While, I like the looks of a bike without one, I want one for stopping power.

flsjim
06-15-2017, 10:09 AM
tattoo wrote:Wait a minute I'm not that old yet....
it ain't bragging if it be true my brother,but afraid I'm saying it like it is....
some skills will just fade away..I know what ya mean I can ride pretty fn good myself.

farmall wrote: well something bout a trashed back and apes

I hear that 100% trashed shoulders, lower back,sportster knee{if gary bang didnt figure out sporty kickers H-D may have let them disengage forever, worst harley to boot over anyway} bike wrecks ect...
but apes are the most comfortable bars i can run,they are the best feeling by far for my back.

times spends faster than cash

Tattooo
06-15-2017, 11:19 AM
tattoo wrote:Wait a minute I'm not that old yet.... it ain't bragging if it be true my brother,but afraid I'm saying it like it is....
some skills will just fade away..I know what ya mean I can ride pretty fn good myself.

LOL Yea I know what you mean..... None of my skills have faded yet.... I can still do alright for an old fucker......

DustyDave
06-15-2017, 11:42 AM
LOL Yea I know what you mean..... None of my skills have faded yet.... I can still do alright for an old fucker......

Being an old fucker beats the shit out of the alternative!
Dusty

Bbqbiker
06-15-2017, 11:47 AM
The BBQBIKER runs a drum front and a suicide clutch on his shitbox shovel. Can't imagine not having a front brake...all the diff situations I ride into it's indispensable.

I dig the clean look of a spool but what if you are a sitting at a stop sign, uphill, doing a 45° turn in the rain with fogged up glasses at night with an 18 wheeler behind you? I'd like a front brake at that point. Or maybe I suck as a rider?

The rear mech drum hauls er' down just fine it's most of my braking power

Run 16" apes as well, quite the comfortable setup

flsjim
06-15-2017, 12:00 PM
Fuck ya bro 16"s are better than hittin the cats ass bbq,

right on tattoo i can still get things done when the shit hits the fan..

And you dusty are certainly speaking wise.getting old aint for pussys but dying aint for me just yet...

See i like this place if this was an H-D forum they would tell us how dangerous it is to to remove your turn dignals then they would tell us to buy a sevice manual to put them back on. Do they even ride fn harleys there?

Tattooo
06-15-2017, 12:54 PM
The BBQBIKER runs a drum front and a suicide clutch on his shitbox shovel.

You can't have both there Q..... It's not a suicide clutch if you have a front brake.... That's why they call them Suicide bikes...... You just have a foot clutch hand shift bike..... At least that's what I've heard and called them all my life....

They are a lot of fun to ride either way...

Tattooo
06-15-2017, 1:01 PM
See i like this place if this was an H-D forum they would tell us how dangerous it is to to remove your turn dignals then they would tell us to buy a sevice manual to put them back on.

Glad you like it here...... Now I'll tell you to buy a Manual..... But not to put signals back on..... LOL

tzienlee
06-15-2017, 1:14 PM
I was led to believe it came known as a Suicide Clutch from those who replaced the Rocker clutch with a straight pull clutch pedal that works like the one in ya Truck,....
if ya forgot it wasn't a rocker clutch any more or ya just bought the bike like that & were only used to a rocker pedal you ran the risk of pulling up to a junction and instead of the rocker keeping the clutch engaged when in gear, when you took ya foot off of it and flew into the cross traffic.............. either way I'd want a front brake

Tattooo
06-15-2017, 1:26 PM
if ya forgot it wasn't a rocker clutch any more or ya just bought the bike like that & were only used to a rocker pedal you ran the risk of pulling up to a junction and instead of the rocker keeping the clutch engaged when in gear, when you took ya foot off of it and flew into the cross traffic..............

If you forgot??????? LOL Hell even when I was drunk I never forgot what bike I was riding or how to ride it..... Forgetting is what beginners do.....

Q The next time you ride that Bike don't use your front brake for as long as you can... Now if you have to use it do, But after you do ride it that way come back and tell us if you think that's why they call them suicide shift bikes!!!!! And not what you have now.....

Dougtheinternetannoyance123
06-15-2017, 2:20 PM
Most importantly,,, What is the best Oil to run in my Slab side shovel? And what primary oil in my sportster to get the most out of it? Should I stay with HD Sportlube as the dealership recommends? I am so confused!

While I am at it, Should i swap my points for a Dyna ignition? Which is best?

Tattooo
06-15-2017, 3:55 PM
Most importantly,,, What is the best Oil to run in my Slab side shovel? And what primary oil in my sportster to get the most out of it? Should I stay with HD Sportlube as the dealership recommends? I am so confused!

While I am at it, Should i swap my points for a Dyna ignition? Which is best?

Goggle it..... That's where you get all of your info anyway..... I don't think you even own a bike.......

06-15-2017, 4:55 PM
Goggle it..... That's where you get all of your info anyway..... I don't think you even own a bike.......

Poor tattoo the troll is butt hurt still, He gets no love,. Normally I just ignore him like Jockey Journal and everyone else. But since he called me out, I guess I am busted. My ride is only one wheel, and I just pretend. (But I did stay at a holiday inn last night). While I am typing this since my real job is a keyboard commando and while accessing NSA and DOD systems in a full 360 CaC role Im currently lining up a chalk 3 BUFF ArcLight mission on his Trailer park. We are calling it LineBacker 111. (100% accuracy)

Be sure to fill this out while waiting ToT.

Heres how I roll,,

Meantime, I will retreat back to my lair at Uncle Cliffys old shop. ( I am so blessed) Some call me a hoarder

Tattooo
06-15-2017, 5:38 PM
^^^^^^^ LOL More goggle pics...^^^^^ Oh my bike got run into can you help me fix it??????? Your a joke just like your user name......

Tattooo
06-15-2017, 5:46 PM
Meantime, I will retreat back to my lair at Uncle Cliffys old shop. ( I am so blessed) Some call me a hoarder

LOL Like I said you haven't done anything on your own..... Your a moocher......

06-15-2017, 6:08 PM
Moocher?? hows that work? I think you are just jealous and sad old troll. Uncle Cliff hooked me up. Lots of NOS stuff. Tricor, Jomo, NVT, he owned it all. Biggest treasure trove of parts and bikes in the US. I got a lot of it. It would take 20 of your trailers to contain just my Triumph stuff. Sad sad sad poor troll. Just jealous.
This is me & Uncle Cliff at the Old timers banquet. Next to us is Eldon Wright who was the US western Triumph factory rep. Sadly they are now gone, but I try to keep the legacy going. Maybe if you are really nice and beg Ill send you an autographed souvenir.

Eldon got a special award that night for his contributions to motorcycling and in the hall of fame. Sadly,, nobody gives tattoo the troll any awards. Thats why he is butthurt. The Rodney Dangerfield of Butthurt trolls. No respect. Jockey Journal dont love the troll, nobody else does either. Poor troll.

farmall
06-15-2017, 6:58 PM
Should i swap my points for a Dyna ignition? Which is best?

Redundant ignitions for continuous failover protection is best. Machine a new advance base with a longer shaft and custom bisexual points cam/Dyna trigger. Keep the Dyna inboard and the points plate outboard mounted in a cylindrical multi-piece cover with an outboard carrier bearing to control whip. Run dual coils and dual plugs to use both ignitions at once.

If a cone motor machine a dual mag cover with the above mods and have four ignitions available.

If that's not enough, have you flywheels machined to trigger a pickup and mod cases to fit.

Spark plug wires can flex and deteriorate. Run solid copper rods as bus bars instead. Mount using Adel clamps.

Run those bus bars to a custom rotary switch like those used to select amps on tapped style transformer arc welders but for higher voltage so you can switch ignitions on the fly.

Add a sidecar with a truck battery and 0-guage welding cable power cables. You never know when an alternator or generator will shit the bed.

Tattooo
06-15-2017, 7:03 PM
Moocher?? hows that work? I think you are just jealous and sad old troll. Uncle Cliff hooked me up. Lots of NOS stuff. Tricor, Jomo, NVT, he owned it all. Biggest treasure trove of parts and bikes in the US. I got a lot of it. It would take 20 of your trailers to contain just my Triumph stuff. Sad sad sad poor troll. Just jealous.
This is me & Uncle Cliff at the Old timers banquet. Next to us is Eldon Wright who was the US western Triumph factory rep. Sadly they are now gone, but I try to keep the legacy going. Maybe if you are really nice and beg Ill send you an autographed souvenir.

Eldon got a special award that night for his contributions to motorcycling and in the hall of fame. Sadly,, nobody gives tattoo the troll any awards. Thats why he is butthurt. The Rodney Dangerfield of Butthurt trolls. No respect. Jockey Journal dont love the troll, nobody else does either. Poor troll.

Jealous of a moocher???? I doubt that....LOL Fat boy moocher without anything he worked for on his own... So sad....

06-15-2017, 7:32 PM
I dont know why I even bothered to respond to tattoo... I mean how can anyone compete with THAT legacy??? The guy has the record of being kicked off Jockey Journal not once but twice. People felt sorry for the old LOP and let him back on, being that he is vastly superior to everyone he made sure the Moderators knew it and was kicked off a second time. How can anyone compete with that????

I have heard around the campfire that Tattoo has been BLOCKED here on 33 by more people than any other lister. Maybe theres somebody worse,, but at this Point No-Class Dusty is more popular than Tattoo. Which speaks volumes...

I feel sorry for the geezer, but its hard not to just compare him to a faded old Tramp stamp tattoo. Something that at one time was cool when it first came out,, now is just considered a joke.. When I see Tattoos name I just automatically think of wrinkled old ladies like these,, droopy saggy skin that nobody wants to see. Even if you dress up Tattoo in the proverbial Skank sparkly jeans its still just unpleasant...

Bbqbiker
06-15-2017, 7:33 PM
You can't have both there Q..... It's not a suicide clutch if you have a front brake.... That's why they call them Suicide bikes...... You just have a foot clutch hand shift bike..... At least that's what I've heard and called them all my life....

They are a lot of fun to ride either way...

I didn't know that the lack of a brake made it suicidal but it kinda makes sense.....

Bbqbiker
06-15-2017, 7:39 PM
If you forgot??????? LOL Hell even when I was drunk I never forgot what bike I was riding or how to ride it..... Forgetting is what beginners do.....

Q The next time you ride that Bike don't use your front brake for as long as you can... Now if you have to use it do, But after you do ride it that way come back and tell us if you think that's why they call them suicide shift bikes!!!!! And not what you have now.....

I really just use the front when stopped and sometimes when I have to brake hard. Even with a fresh drum and new shoes the stopping power is minimal. I use engine braking and the rear 90% of the time...but always the front when stopped on a hill or any inclines.

I'll start holding on hills with the clutch and see what happens... maybe I'll get proficient enough to run a spool eventually?

Tattooo
06-15-2017, 7:48 PM
I'll start holding on hills with the clutch and see what happens... maybe I'll get proficient enough to run a spool eventually?

Just keep at it.... You will get it in time.... A front brake really helps even one that works just a little.... I have one of those also... LOL

Tattooo
06-15-2017, 7:55 PM
I have heard around the campfire that Tattoo has been BLOCKED here on 33 by more people than any other lister.

LOL were you the pivot man????? I bet you were...

As far as JJ goes it was 178 to bring me back to 9 for me to not come back.... It took 3 pussies like you to ban me again..... So the numbers don't lie like you wanna be....

Inheriting bikes doesn't give you knowledge how to work on them.... But I guess the internet does that for you moocher....

Bbqbiker
06-15-2017, 8:16 PM
I try to keep the legacy going.

The only legacy I can see you keeping going is the worlds fattest jowls....Jesus Christ you have no neck do you eat sticks of butter for breakfast what the fuck. I bet when you try to tie your shoes you black out and collapse into a puddle of your own piss. Luckily the inner tube of cellulite wrapped around your neck prevents any serious damage to what little brain mass you may possess.

Did you score a treadmill in that pile of Triumph crap maybe something you might want to think about.

Let's take a look at this hideous photo that against all judgment you posted on the inter-web

http://i292.photobucket.com/albums/mm39/bbqbiker69/ABFB4EE7-55DC-48ED-8B2B-69672F8097F0_zpswzfv1ufc.jpg (http://s292.photobucket.com/user/bbqbiker69/media/ABFB4EE7-55DC-48ED-8B2B-69672F8097F0_zpswzfv1ufc.jpg.html)

Do you sauté your pork rinds in lard or do you just eat them straight out of the bag?
You really don't ride a motorcycle do you??? you've got to be fucking kidding with those fucking gigantic jowls how can you even look to your left or right you must have to turn the entire motorcycle to the left or right in order to see anything I just don't understand the mechanics of it.

What fucking custom spring rate did Progressive suspension have to make to hold up your fat fucking ass my God the motorcycle must shed tears the moment you throw one telephone pole size leg over it while you're gasping for air. Dude you really need to get a mirror I mean what the fuck you let yourself go and buttermilk is not an energy drink FYI

I don't know if you get it or not but when you cut yourself shaving and gravy came pouring out that's a sign that you may want to do something about the weight. Fuck can we get a body shot of you I can only imagine what the rest of it looks like, I'm imagining the Michelin man saturated in burger greese and Cheeto dust. God what a mess..have you even seen your dick since well, you know you let things get this way I bet the Hubble telescope could find it it looks something like a raisin on a beanbag, not that you would ever need it for anything anyway what woman would touch such a hideous foul Jabba the Hutt looking thing my God but hey you got some old Triumph junk so you got that going for you I guess

Tattoo post's a lot of good solid information on here he is to old bike knowledge what you are to old country buffet. Tattoo knows it all you eat it all. Tattoo has a worktable you have a steam table. Tattoo leaves burnout marks on the asphalt with his bikes you have fake char marks on the Salisbury Steak you jam into your fat fucking jowls.

God I could go on forever but you know..... you get it by now maybe.

Go break another fucking scale and try not to be such an Internet douche.

06-15-2017, 9:43 PM
The only legacy I can see you keeping going is the worlds fattest jowls....Jesus Christ you have no neck do you eat sticks of butter for breakfast what the fuck.

Well If i still had them I would will them to you and you could BBQ them in flaming grease piles of smoke and flame,(my jowls and tri-tips), But that pix was about 5 years ago. Lost most of it since then. Getting run over by a drunk girl texting from a Drinking team with a softball problem had some adverse health issues for me. My girls bike sporty was nearly folded in half,, and since you asked.. Yep,, all that fat cushioned my crash.
I was at 45mph minding my own business, when BLAMMO! Thought i was back overseas and got blown up.

Fatman bounces good. The cops and witnesses say she was doing 75-80 mph and never touched the brakes. When I went thru her windshield the impact dislodged the back window in her Audi. (S4). I then did the most convincing version of the Agony of defeat wide world of sports rag doll impression anyone has ever seen. (Some pretty cool people stepped up as witnesses and wanted to kill the drunk bitch)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jKEDD1i4oGk

I would guess though that Evel Knievel's wreck at Ceasers palace might have me beat though. But,, they used me as a teaching case at the trauma unit. (For the record Ducati parts in my backpack probably saved my spine/life) Still got the alloy radiator that acted as a chicken plate but it wont fit my 998 Superbike no more.........

So,, I gots something called TBI, and some other whiney ass excuses. But when I act like an Internet douche I actually have a documented reason. The VA Medical experts say so. Got it right here in black and white thanks to some crazy ass doctors that I refuse to listen to.
Used to say I would forget peoples names and lose my car keys, but now its way worse along with some serious hostility. Ill use it in court when I pop my cork. But at least I got an excuse.... whats your malfunction? Still dont change Tramp stamp Tattoos sad state.

06-15-2017, 10:28 PM
What fucking custom spring rate did Progressive suspension have to make to hold up your fat fucking ass my God the motorcycle must shed tears the moment you throw one telephone pole size leg over it while you're gasping for air. Dude you really need to get a mirror I mean what the fuck you let yourself go and buttermilk is not an energy drink FYI

Speaking of my ass and Spring rates,, Why dont you and your twink boyfriend tramp stamp tattoo offer up your expert opinions on my rear shock springs here on my chick bike? Will this buff out?? Im an idiot you know and we need internet experts like you to keep us on the right track.

As well, Well pucker up both of you and plant your lips square right here. Take a deep breath while you are at it. Thats my ass,,and you should kiss it, not that I look forward to that sort of thing but it was pointed out to me at therapy classes at the VA called "Mindfulness" that one way to channel anger is redirect it, so I feel better already! See,, they keep asking about am I a danger to myself or others and this is much better. I guess those Drs at the VA might actually know a thing or 2 when they dont lose my records, or try to prescribe zombie drugs. BTW, I was just released again from another stay and still got pieces of german car stuck in the skin. Got all the gravel and asphalt out. It showed up on the CT scans.

Right now, Show class-No Class Dusty is looking pretty good compared to you clowns!

pantspisser
06-15-2017, 10:45 PM
I really just use the front when stopped and sometimes when I have to brake hard. Even with a fresh drum and new shoes the stopping power is minimal. I use engine braking and the rear 90% of the time...but always the front when stopped on a hill or any inclines.

Dude you totally lit my ass up for quandering this in another thread, something about an evo motor being too new idk, but that's me I'll complain about anything.

flsjim
06-16-2017, 3:52 AM
nice someone who thinks they are better than somebody has to ruin the thread i was enjoying here,mental health issues keep me from stuff like this, this was actually a huge step for me venturing out i thought place might be cool.......... thanks doug ...thats the way i see it

Bbqbiker
06-16-2017, 3:52 AM
So,, I gots something called TBI, and some other whiney ass excuses. But when I act like an Internet douche I actually have a documented reason. The VA Medical experts say so. Got it right here in black and white thanks to some crazy ass doctors that I refuse to listen to.
Used to say I would forget peoples names and lose my car keys, but now its way worse along with some serious hostility. Ill use it in court when I pop my cork. But at least I got an excuse.... whats your malfunction? Still dont change Tramp stamp Tattoos sad state.

Thank you for your service and sorry that whore ran you over....

I like your writing style and the "get out of jail free" status you claim due to injuries....nice.

But, did you have to rip into my poor Tatoooo in such a vicious fashion???? Yeah he's a little ornery but who isn't??? Maybe he's got a little TBI as well ya ever think of that?? The dude has much knowledge to dispense and I need some so chill out.....channel your anger into the creative writing.....or pound the treadmill in anger like you pound your keyboard..... Oops hahahaha sorry that slipped...but let's move on shall we??

Bbqbiker
06-16-2017, 3:54 AM
Dude you totally lit my ass up for quandering this in another thread, something about an evo motor being too new idk, but that's me I'll complain about anything.

Dude I was gentle....that was "just the tip" You wanted to put a drum setup on a 93 I believe and that set off my WTF alarm......hahahahaha

Bbqbiker
06-16-2017, 4:03 AM
Speaking of my ass and Spring rates,, Why dont you and your twink boyfriend tramp stamp tattoo offer up your expert opinions on my rear shock springs here on my chick bike? Will this buff out?? Im an idiot you know.

Hey I'M the Twink and Tat's the Bear get it right. I suggest whatever springs that are on a Boeing 757...they should be a direct bolt on maybe a couple washers?

I'd leave your new custom upsweep pipes...gives the girls bike some "flair" :)

nickey
06-16-2017, 4:39 AM
Well skipping the bulllshit. Back to OPs question:

I don't run front brakes because I like the look and I only used them when stopped on a hill or incline anyways. Actually had a couple almost falls(at low speeds because I'm stupid) when I used my front brakes. Just grabbed too hard and bike went top heavy. Didnt take long to adjust to being stopped on an incline with one foot on the brake(most of the time my right, well all of the time).

But I have nothing against front brakes or any type of clutch/shift setup you want to run. Different strokes for different folks.

06-16-2017, 5:15 AM
My apolgies to the rest of the forum for the bullshit distraction, hope the rest of you can return your normal programming. As to Trampstamp tattoo,, He has been poking the hornets nest for a long time and I am not the only one who gets tired of his BS. For the record I just ignore him (until today). Im sorry any of that got aired for anyone else to see.

I dont think, nor do I want a get out of jail free card. Yep, I got issues, none of which i was looking to broadcast, (but I did anyway) and compared to some of the guys I hang out with at my VA appts I am just a POG. Most of them are way worse off than me. My BS is 10% service connected yes, and I dont want or expect any special treatment. My other issues are all on me and my choice to ride on the road on 2 wheels. I rolled the dice for decades and it bit me on the ass.

I have some serious shit hanging over my head and as the Docs say.. "No Filter" Not making excuses,, its just what it is. I like to spend time on forums learning new stuff. (Unfortunately retention is not so good anymore) But its part of therapy to work on learning and working thru problems and tech materials. (Its called Neuroplasticity in case anyone is interested. The brain can rewire around damage and partially repair itself) Also,, for many years a lot of people have helped my dumb ass out too many times to count so If I can pass on something I know, Its rewarding.

I will make the point though. Be careful who you make fun of or screw with. Many of the guys in my PTSD/TBI therapy group have visible scars are wounds. It sounds messed up but others say those have an easier time & the lucky ones.. If someone can look at you and see your legs gone or scars its one thing, but theres a lot of messed up units out there who dont show the damage. I can spot it a mile away. Animals alert on people like me and people who have these issues. I dont go out much anymore but I can spot a guy in the grocery store or tensing up in a crowd. 99% of people dont see it or know how to see it. Cut people some slack. Many cant sleep or only in short bursts. Or so zonked out on the crap the VA pushes.

Tattooo
06-16-2017, 6:53 AM
nice someone who thinks they are better than somebody has to ruin the thread i was enjoying here,mental health issues keep me from stuff like this, this was actually a huge step for me venturing out i thought place might be cool.......... thanks doug ...thats the way i see it

Man stay around this is a great place sometimes it goes sideways and backs up just a little..... But all in all it's still a great place.. It's 99% of the time cool.

Davestune
06-16-2017, 8:36 AM
Poor tattoo,.

Mad that him and bbq are tramp hookers

Davestune
06-16-2017, 8:42 AM
And only I can give tattoo shit motherfuckers
Ima big dick truck driver...........

farmall
06-16-2017, 12:10 PM
Psychotropic meds can have some spectacularly bad effects after working for a while or even immediately because everyone's physiology is different. After every anti-insomnia med I took (can't sleep because of back/neck damage and pain meds often interfere with sleep cycles) failed or backfired I went with cannabis every night before bed. It works for many thousands of people. Never use booze which does nothing for REM sleep and has a veteran kill rate literally greater than wars. A cold beer now and then is fine during the day but never drink to "sleep" because passing out with no REM sleep won't help.

What folks with TBI don't usually mention, but know, is damage from concussion (no matter how you were concussed, wear a fucking full coverage helmet!) can worsen over time.

Sleep deprivation is spectacularly destructive to memory retention but you can systematically use things like note-taking (and posting the notes where you will see them) can make even well-rested people much more efficient by supplying external memory triggers. As you get older you need to make a deliberate effort burn in effective habits to function well. It's like any other training and practice.

More people should talk about it because with or without injury our faculties will change and measurably deteriorate over time. Fuck the old custom of shutting up and trying to do it all yourself. That was never not stupid.

Davestune
06-16-2017, 2:37 PM
The only legacy I can see you keeping going is the worlds fattest jowls....Jesus Christ you have no neck do you eat sticks of butter for breakfast what the fuck. I bet when you try to tie your shoes you black out and collapse into a puddle of your own piss. Luckily the inner tube of cellulite wrapped around your neck prevents any serious damage to what little brain mass you may possess.

Did you score a treadmill in that pile of Triumph crap maybe something you might want to think about.

Let's take a look at this hideous photo that against all judgment you posted on the inter-web

http://i292.photobucket.com/albums/mm39/bbqbiker69/ABFB4EE7-55DC-48ED-8B2B-69672F8097F0_zpswzfv1ufc.jpg (http://s292.photobucket.com/user/bbqbiker69/media/ABFB4EE7-55DC-48ED-8B2B-69672F8097F0_zpswzfv1ufc.jpg.html)

Do you sauté your pork rinds in lard or do you just eat them straight out of the bag?
You really don't ride a motorcycle do you??? you've got to be fucking kidding with those fucking gigantic jowls how can you even look to your left or right you must have to turn the entire motorcycle to the left or right in order to see anything I just don't understand the mechanics of it.

I don't know if you get it or not but when you cut yourself shaving and gravy came pouring out that's a sign that you may want to do something about the weight. Fuck can we get a body shot of you I can only imagine what the rest of it looks like, I'm imagining the Michelin man saturated in burger greese and Cheeto dust. God what a mess..have you even seen your dick since well, you know you let things get this way I bet the Hubble telescope could find it it looks something like a raisin on a beanbag, not that you would ever need it for anything anyway what woman would touch such a hideous foul Jabba the Hutt looking thing my God but hey you got some old Triumph junk so you got that going for you I guess

Tattoo post's a lot of good solid information on here he is to old bike knowledge what you are to old country buffet. Tattoo knows it all you eat it all. Tattoo has a worktable you have a steam table. Tattoo leaves burnout marks on the asphalt with his bikes you have fake char marks on the Salisbury Steak you jam into your fat fucking jowls.

God I could go on forever but you know..... you get it by now maybe.

ball licker

flsjim
06-16-2017, 5:11 PM
Its all good bros.place feels like a good fit farmall and doug i get smarter just opening a post they start or reply too( well most of the time) lol rest of you are a bunch of pricks but like my dad always said if ya call a man a prick a real man takes that as a compliment ...ya see if a guys a jerk i get that and you know what too expect all the time, like women hot and bitchy too sweet then them hoes gotta be up to no good...mental health issues tons here didnt get treated until the pain med cycle (im a fn wreck) started to get me depressed, i was overly agressive for years and could be a motherfucker to people I didnt know/like... things are much better...back to topic,ya tattoo i heard same shit .just a clutch pedal and rear drum made that tsuicide on the frisco hills at stops. But that shit certainly has its place its the toughest looking setup and a blast to ride

Bbqbiker
06-16-2017, 5:55 PM
Its all good bros.place feels like a good fit farmall and doug i get smarter just opening a post they start or reply too( well most of the time) lol rest of you are a bunch of pricks

I lower the IQ of any thread I'm in....I lash out wthout warning....(oops, Doug) but always laughing while I'm at it...maybe I'm fucked up too?? Things trigger me

Man buns
Hipsters
40" T-Bars
Liberals
Well done steak
Dicks doing 40 in the hammer lane
Trendy conformity
Rap God I hate rap
"New Country" I didn't even like the old country

I could go on for days but I think I'm hijacking this poor thread oops

flsjim
06-16-2017, 6:06 PM
Man bbq your like a brother from another mother I hate that shit too except I like old country music..plus your ol ladies got awesome jahoobies in them pics nice bro!!

Bbqbiker
06-16-2017, 6:18 PM
Man bbq your like a brother from another mother I hate that shit too except I like old country music..plus your ol ladies got awesome jahoobies in them pics nice bro!!

I do turn up Waylon when I hear him...so maybe there's hope

The jahoobies are perfect and she's not shy about letting me know!

flsjim
06-16-2017, 6:23 PM
Aint bragging if its true

Tattooo
06-16-2017, 8:20 PM
Aint bragging if its true

Glad your still hanging around.............

Nanonevol
06-17-2017, 5:21 PM
Gee if it were not for the internet I would not know that you guys hate rap music and love country etc etc. This is great! What are "man buns"?

Tattooo
06-17-2017, 8:47 PM
What are "man buns"?

Those gooffey gay looking things on top of guys heads..... You know princess Leia side buns but on top of your head.....

mtoepfer67
06-18-2017, 9:04 PM

I second that stick around awhile..... besides these guys ripping into each other is funny as hell plus it's intermixed with chopper talk I reckon a cold beer and I could be pretty entained lol I've been checking back lamo'in all week hahaha....

Bbqbiker
06-19-2017, 4:20 AM
Gee if it were not for the internet I would not know that you guys hate rap music and love country etc etc. This is great! What are "man buns"?

Yeah Tatoo said it perfectly....kind of a homo starter kit.....

http://i292.photobucket.com/albums/mm39/bbqbiker69/image_zpskzmnyh0m.jpeg (http://s292.photobucket.com/user/bbqbiker69/media/image_zpskzmnyh0m.jpeg.html)

http://i292.photobucket.com/albums/mm39/bbqbiker69/image_zpstlai4nnc.png (http://s292.photobucket.com/user/bbqbiker69/media/image_zpstlai4nnc.png.html)

http://i292.photobucket.com/albums/mm39/bbqbiker69/image_zps38kkgwn7.jpeg (http://s292.photobucket.com/user/bbqbiker69/media/image_zps38kkgwn7.jpeg.html)

seaking
06-19-2017, 6:26 AM
I dig the clean look of a spool but what if you are a sitting at a stop sign, uphill, doing a 45° turn in the rain with fogged up glasses at night with an 18 wheeler behind you? I'd like a front brake at that point. Or maybe I suck as a rider?

Hold it BETWEEN YOUR KNEES.

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-TOYLFDFMmdw/VWvW-XTDomI/AAAAAAABFsE/POxraCDVGb8/s1600/XOmdAr1%2B%25281%2529.gif

Whoremonger
06-21-2017, 11:33 AM
the only legacy i can see you keeping going is the worlds fattest jowls....jesus christ you have no neck do you eat sticks of butter for breakfast what the fuck. I bet when you try to tie your shoes you black out and collapse into a puddle of your own piss. Luckily the inner tube of cellulite wrapped around your neck prevents any serious damage to what little brain mass you may possess.

Did you score a treadmill in that pile of triumph crap maybe something you might want to think about.

http://i292.photobucket.com/albums/mm39/bbqbiker69/abfb4ee7-55dc-48ed-8b2b-69672f8097f0_zpswzfv1ufc.jpg (http://s292.photobucket.com/user/bbqbiker69/media/abfb4ee7-55dc-48ed-8b2b-69672f8097f0_zpswzfv1ufc.jpg.html)

do you sauté your pork rinds in lard or do you just eat them straight out of the bag?
You really don't ride a motorcycle do you??? You've got to be fucking kidding with those fucking gigantic jowls how can you even look to your left or right you must have to turn the entire motorcycle to the left or right in order to see anything i just don't understand the mechanics of it.

What fucking custom spring rate did progressive suspension have to make to hold up your fat fucking ass my god the motorcycle must shed tears the moment you throw one telephone pole size leg over it while you're gasping for air. Dude you really need to get a mirror i mean what the fuck you let yourself go and buttermilk is not an energy drink fyi

i don't know if you get it or not but when you cut yourself shaving and gravy came pouring out that's a sign that you may want to do something about the weight. Fuck can we get a body shot of you i can only imagine what the rest of it looks like, i'm imagining the michelin man saturated in burger greese and cheeto dust. God what a mess..have you even seen your dick since well, you know you let things get this way i bet the hubble telescope could find it it looks something like a raisin on a beanbag, not that you would ever need it for anything anyway what woman would touch such a hideous foul jabba the hutt looking thing my god but hey you got some old triumph junk so you got that going for you i guess

tattoo post's a lot of good solid information on here he is to old bike knowledge what you are to old country buffet. Tattoo knows it all you eat it all. Tattoo has a worktable you have a steam table. Tattoo leaves burnout marks on the asphalt with his bikes you have fake char marks on the salisbury steak you jam into your fat fucking jowls.

God i could go on forever but you know..... You get it by now maybe.

Go break another fucking scale and try not to be such an internet douche.

fucking hilarious!

TheMKoi
06-21-2017, 4:15 PM
So I posted in another thread and noticed that some people are really opinionated on this subject I know where I stand on the subject but was wondering what everybody has to say whether it's hipster or not or poser or your not hardcore with out a front brake.... just dropping a line to see what guys think also your opinions on suicide shift lol hate it/love it anyways FIGHT!!!!!!!!! Lmao

I am a fan of do whatever floats your boat. But I will say I have been riding for the last couple days without a front break and you defiantly need to change your ridding style. Waiting for parts to put the front brake back in action. I ride too aggressive and in too heavy of traffic for no front brake. It is hard to keep traffic from cutting you off and being able to brake fast enough with just my rear. That is at my humble opinion.

jess
06-21-2017, 5:49 PM
Rear brake only increases the slide in an urgent stop, maybe doubles braking distance. A stopping body in motion tends to want to roll forward. Front brake pushes down. Rear brake lifts up. So I guess it depends on your riding style. No front brake, give yourself extra stop. If you don't, you will after the first time you didn't. :)

I think a front disk is almost as streamlined looking as the little naked hub and even a light one stops the bike just fine. Sure, what matters in the end is if you made it home. So what ever you do, just make it home.