PDA

View Full Version : Wheel spacers..HELP

Mango13
06-10-2017, 8:02 AM
I'm running a WG single disc front end. Just got a after market 21" front wheel I wanna use. How do I determine what kind of spacers and what not to run???

Tattooo
06-10-2017, 1:17 PM
I'm running a WG single disc front end. Just got a after market 21" front wheel I wanna use. How do I determine what kind of spacers and what not to run???

A better question is how do we determine what kind of aftermarket wheel your using????? But until then measure the wheel you have know and measure the new wheel..... see if they are the same.........

Mango13
06-13-2017, 9:05 PM
A better question is how do we determine what kind of aftermarket wheel your using????? But until then measure the wheel you have know and measure the new wheel..... see if they are the same.........

That is a good question. I can't find anything that has a brand...

Tattooo
06-14-2017, 7:14 AM
That is a good question. I can't find anything that has a brand...

Well I guess you will have to measure and figure it out.... But every wheel is different so get a dial caliper and get to it.... Good luck...

Salty
06-14-2017, 8:46 AM
get a dial caliper and figure it out

yup

pantspisser
06-14-2017, 1:14 PM
Tattoo is 100% correct we'll need to know more about the new and the old wheel. Specifically we need:
Old wheel axle diameter:
Old wheel hub width:
Old wheel brake rotor diameter:

New wheel axle diameter:
New wheel hub width:
New wheel brake rotor diameter:?
(It is a disc brake wheel correct?)

End goal here is to cut axle spacer stock to center the wheel perfectly in between the fork legs so the bike tracks strait. Where it will get complicated is getting the brake to align to that wheel position. The wheel position is not negotiable it must be centered, the brake position is negotiable as it must accommodate the wheel position. Pictures and additional info of the old brake setup and new/desired brake set up will help us provide info on how to get that going. If you have questions on how to take those measurements, post em up. Cheers man.

micheal090
08-24-2017, 12:09 AM
To be honest, I have no idea of it.