PDA

View Full Version : Denver

DGO
06-08-2017, 12:55 PM
Moving to Denver in July from Durango. I'm always looking for people who like to ride stupid bikes, wrench on stupid bikes, and chill with a brew or cigar. Not too big into the party scene, just a fan of cool bikes. I'll be bringing the whole fleet with me :cheersmate:

redjackson
06-09-2017, 1:36 AM
im moving to Cheyenne in july. i wont have my bike for a couple of months, but i plan on riding around CO and WY while im there.

DGO
06-09-2017, 4:17 PM
Cool, definitely hit me up if you want to go cruise. What kind of bike are you riding? Any pics?

Erebus
06-13-2017, 9:04 PM
There are plenty of us greasy fucks in the Denver hood. instagram @erebus_scoot

DGO
06-13-2017, 11:13 PM
Cool, I'm not on instagram though.. I'll shoot you a msg on here when shit gets settled.

DoomBuggy
06-14-2017, 10:55 AM
Heading up there on Friday, just for a one day visit with my youngest to pick up my Jeep. She now has her own vehicle and I get to pass that one on to one of the other kids. My wife and I visited over Christmas and then I took her through Utah, I sometimes forget she has only been west of the Mississippi a few times ( I spent about half my childhood in Arizona ).

Two more years and I will be moving back out west. Prescott area or maybe Boulder City, NV area. Somewhere up in the mountains where she can have a short winter ( got to keep the missus happy ), but close enough to the desert to make me smile.

Enjoy, my youngest LOVES it there.

AsianDan
06-22-2017, 8:20 PM
Look up Run To Raton.
It's gonna be a cool bike hangout party weekend about 250 miles south of Denver. Our 10 long annual chopper show Love Thy Chopper finally ended and JPRodman is throwing a party in his town down there. Close to the end of July , 21st think

We get some locals every Tuesday for tacos at the skyline pub .

Cool, I'm not on instagram though.. I'll shoot you a msg on here when shit gets settled.

DGO
06-23-2017, 12:17 AM
Look up Run To Raton.
It's gonna be a cool bike hangout party weekend about 250 miles south of Denver. Our 10 long annual chopper show Love Thy Chopper finally ended and JPRodman is throwing a party in his town down there. Close to the end of July , 21st think

Thanks for the heads-up. I wont be able to swing the RTR, but I found the taco moto tuesday info on FB. I'll definitely swing by for those... look forward to checking out the chops.

celticfrost
06-23-2017, 7:32 PM
Look up Run To Raton.

Any campsite recommendations for Raton? I'm seeing a KOA, but those are usually family oriented. I'm not looking to raise hell, but if I'm at a place w/ a 10pm curfew, then I may not be the best neighbor.

AsianDan
06-26-2017, 6:58 PM
That's the thing....
as of now this event seems pretty legit EXCEPT for where everyone's camping. There's no exact location where there's "official" camping. I asked on a post and never got a reply. JP replied to someone else saying something like "there's camping near the new Chopper Supply Co building"

Kinda vague. & I guess chopper supply either moved from ft worth tx to raton or opened a sister shop. It would be pretty ridiculous if everyone is spread out all around the town.
Any campsite recommendations for Raton? I'm seeing a KOA, but those are usually family oriented. I'm not looking to raise hell, but if I'm at a place w/ a 10pm curfew, then I may not be the best neighbor.

celticfrost
06-28-2017, 12:01 PM
Thx Dan. I guess we'll wait and see for any updates in next few weeks. If nothing pans out by then I'll reserve a campsite a few days before the event as a backup plan.

AsianDan
06-28-2017, 6:13 PM
246 Clark Ave Raton, nm
Chopper Supply Co will be checking people in for camping that Fri.
Where exactly, I don't know. There's a block sized park a block away but it is a city park. Who knows if they'll let us camp there. We'll see I guess.

Thx Dan. I guess we'll wait and see for any updates in next few weeks. If nothing pans out by then I'll reserve a campsite a few days before the event as a backup plan.

celticfrost
06-28-2017, 8:43 PM
246 Clark Ave Raton, nm
Chopper Supply Co will be checking people in for camping that Fri.
Where exactly, I don't know. There's a block sized park a block away but it is a city park. Who knows if they'll let us camp there. We'll see I guess.

Thanks!

It'd be easiest to just to herd us into that park as it's basically right next to the police station (aka hotel :p).

I'll be heading out from Denver on the 20th (Thursday) and taking a semi-scenic route on the way down as I prefer putzing around on back roads over playing Mario Kart w/ SUVs and semis on the highways. Will try to make it to a Taco Tuesday to meet a few of you and/or find some Front Range folk in Raton.

Stay safe & happy trails