PDA

View Full Version : 39mm fork odd wobble

nate4d
06-07-2017, 2:20 PM
So im noticing that my wheel is slopping side to side and with a closer look i noticed that the sliders are actually twisting back and forth. this is difficult to explain but basically if i shake the handlebars the front end (4 over 39mm with factory trees and a 21" spool) the wheel flops side to side as if the bearings arent even in the wheel.. BUT all the tree bolts are tight and the fall away is adjusted perfectly, the seals are not leaking (so i know there is fork oil), the bearings are nice and tight and the axle stays put as it should. i cannot replicate this issue by grabbing and shaking the wheel but if i grab the tubes below the bottom tree and keep the front wheel between my legs and i try to turn the front end i have a bit of play and i can see the sliders spinning (twisting) slightly. for good measure i checked a buddies front end that is also 4 over with a spool and 39mm trees and his is tight as can be. ANY ideas are welcome. not sure what is worn out or what im missing.

feelyx
06-07-2017, 5:20 PM
Pull your axle out and see if your bottom tube bolts are tight up inside the sliders

nate4d
06-07-2017, 6:25 PM
Pull your axle out and see if your bottom tube bolts are tight up inside the sliders
Thanks man but just checked those earlier and They were already tight.

feelyx
06-07-2017, 7:19 PM
Then this bushing is most likely the culprit worn or worn out slider walls
edit; split bushing to the right

nate4d
06-07-2017, 8:34 PM
Awesome. Already picked em up as that was my guess as well. Just didn't want to take it apart for the day to diagnose yet