PDA

View Full Version : Natchez Trace

ogheeh
06-01-2017, 4:05 PM
About to take off for the Natchez Trace. We're going to ride it from Nashville down to Natchez. Has anyone ridden it lately? Any tips or advice you would like to pass on? Any places in particular that we shouldn't pass without stopping?

Cmfnj
06-06-2017, 7:27 AM
Let us know how it turns out. Ive had it on my to do list for a while. Looks like a nice ride.

countryboychop
06-06-2017, 4:22 PM
Hit up the guys @slopshop on Instagram they ride it I think it's around their area

ogheeh
06-11-2017, 6:00 PM
Just got home. It was a great, relaxed ride. We met at the Loveless Cafe, at the northern end of the trace. It's a good place to start. Good food and there are gift shops and people there to answer questions about the ride. Maps are there as well. We took three easy days to get to Natchez, Miss. The campsites on the trail are free. There are no showers but there are clean bathrooms. The maps that are offered on the trace show where the campsites are. There are no signs along the trace that indicate what is located at the exits. The maps of the trace show limited information about what is located at the exits, but we never had any issues finding fuel or food. Alcohol is allowed at the campsites, but be aware that there are some counties along the trace that are dry.

The max speed on the trace is 50mph and there are a few times when the posted speed is less than that. I enjoyed it. I have a few friends who wouldn't enjoy it because of the low speeds and lack of banked turns, but I liked it. I liked the Tennessee portion the best. Seemed like the Mississippi end was used less for enjoyment, and more for avoiding heavy traffic outside of the parkway.

Overall the Natchez Trace was a great ride. The same can't be said about the ride home. My accelerator pump on my Super E went out. Finding parts for it on a Saturday evening isn't real easy. Oh well. I guess if it was a guarantee that the bike would make it home everytime, I may not enjoy ridding as much.

Cmfnj
06-12-2017, 10:36 AM
Thanks for all the info. Sounds like a trip I can get down with. Glad you had a good time.