PDA

View Full Version : Frontend year?

Lornadoone
05-30-2017, 11:54 PM
I have a front end that I'm pretty sure is after market and it has no markings on them, the leg are 41mm and they are dual disk with the brake brackets both in line with each other going vertically and the holes are 3.5 inches apart from each other and they are bottom hole 1 inch from the leg and the top hole is 1.375 away from the leg. the top hole is .412 dia. bottom is .380 dia. Can anyone tell me what year(s) this is from? see pictures, first picture is the outside and next is inside.
Thanks for any help!

Lornadoone
05-31-2017, 4:16 PM
I found a shop that had a chart for looking up all the frontends over the years and he said they were 84-99 FLH type legs, maybe this will help someone else because no one had an asnwer for me on here.

farmall
05-31-2017, 4:47 PM
You can get inexpensive adapters to mount later 4-piston calipers on those sliders if you decide to run them, but later takeoff sliders are abundant and cheap (especially at swap meets) and could let you make use of the tubes/triple clamps/etc. Stock calipers are too feeble to bother with acquiring besides being ancient.

Wide Glide gurus can chime in on specifics. All my bikes have narrow glides.

Lornadoone
05-31-2017, 5:02 PM
thanks, dude, I have a set of 08+ up Brembos and I'm looking for the adapter as we are speaking, it seems like bikers choice has some but I'm just starting my search. I used to work with sheetmetal for like 35 years so if it comes down to it I'll make my own. If I still worked at a shop I'd make them without even looking for someone elses but, at this point in my life I'd have to pay someone to laser them and bend so it would come down to wich is the better cheaper product!

farmall
05-31-2017, 5:35 PM
Fab Kevin makes nice parts. He may have what you seek.

Lornadoone
05-31-2017, 5:50 PM
who is this "Fab man" you speak of? can you point me in his direction?

Lornadoone
05-31-2017, 5:52 PM
never mind he showed up on a search of his name, thanks, man!