PDA

View Full Version : Reproduction Decal Website

Savwha
05-29-2017, 2:36 PM
I've been playing with the idea of creating a reproduction decal website. I know this has been done before but id like to make something better then whats out there. A decal website with modern intuitive UI that would allow users to view reproduction decals on popular tanks or parts. Like a virtual decal mock up of sorts with options to adjust color's and sizing (maybe even type). I work as graphic designer full time and have dev friends who are always looking to make something great. Also have a friend thats been in the print industry for over 30 years and said he could have these printed at high quality and distributed.

I put together a similar thing years ago for hard to find moped decals (you could only buy the files and had to print locally) it was mildly successful but id like to do it on a larger scale with options to have them shipped to your door and with more popular graphics options.

My question is would this be valuable to anyone? trying to gauge interest - if there is any at all.

Feel free to call me crazy and stupid!

Dougtheinternetannoyance123
05-29-2017, 2:51 PM
My question is would this be valuable to anyone? trying to gauge interest - if there is any at all.

Feel free to call me crazy and stupid!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Totally cool idea!!!!!!! I would like to say there is some cool stuff out there being made by talented people who deserve our support like
0Given,, and on other sites from time to time as well. But I was just talking to another forum member here about this topic. I have some cool ideas I have been working on and plan to start making it happen,, but I have some very cool vintage stuff and was looking at reproducing some of it as well.

I do some banners and Magnets on a limited basis to support our local vintage bike clubs and a vintage car & MC museum and was asked to make more as people wanted to buy some. I use this place,,,

See: https://www.bannersonthecheap.com/ & https://www.magnetsonthecheap.com/

And I like how you create a good high res image and their software helps you create something cool. But doing the same for stickers would be great. I think there might be other companies offering it already on stickers,, but a repository of material would be cool.

Anyrate, however you sort it out I just think its a great idea.

Here is one of the magnets..Its cool but I am nervous about driving on the freeway with it. Its the biggest they make and I dont trust it to not fly off at 70 mph. But I travel with high value stuff and want to advertise sometimes but not while parked at a truck stop or something
(STEAL ME!) I looked at vehicle wraps for my cargo trailer and several friends who have that.. but again it makes you a target so I wanted a magnet i can take on & off.... so still kind of looking for that.

AlleyOop
05-30-2017, 7:14 PM
Absolutely, I think this would be a valuable service. I was just wondering a couple of days ago if there was a way to get my avatar printed on a sticker for the sides of the round oil tank on my current build. I think the keys would be to make your product reasonably priced and a quick turn around. I know I'm not going to pay a pile of money for stickers and I hate to wait more than a couple days after I pay. I hope you do it, good luck.