PDA

View Full Version : Need help with Dyna S ignition on 1973 FL

jackshovel
05-25-2017, 6:58 PM

Installing a new Dyna S electronic ignition and just want to make sure I wore the coil correctly. Which wire goes to which terminal on the coil? The instructions only help if I'm converting from a point system but I'm actually just replacing the old dyna s. I would just rewrite it how it was but the new ignitions wire colors are flipped compared to the new one. (White is blue and blue is white). The photo of the coil still has the old wires attached, I'm just leaving them on until I find where to put the new ones. Just want to be certain it's hooked up right before I try to fire it up. Thanks

Tattooo
05-25-2017, 7:43 PM
The instructions only help if I'm converting from a point system but I'm actually just replacing the old dyna s.

If your just replacing the same setup why not just wire it up the way it was????

Dragstews
05-25-2017, 8:41 PM
White is hot, blue is the trigger wire....

Most always the top post is the + on the coil and the bottom post would go to the unit...

I do have a question about the coil.... It does have a primary resistance of 5 or 6 ohms ... ???

misfitJason
05-28-2017, 10:06 AM
It looks as if you are running a dual fire. If I am not mistaken it doesn't matter which wire goes where on the coil.

BadMonkeyMW
05-28-2017, 4:35 PM
It looks as if you are running a dual fire. If I am not mistaken it doesn't matter which wire goes where on the coil.

Exactly. On an OEM style dual fire coil like that, it doesn't make one bit of difference which post you use. Just make sure with a Dyna S that the white wire goes to the same post that you have your 12V power wire running to, and the blue wire goes to the other post. If you hook 12V up to the blue wire, it WILL immediately fry the ignition .