PDA

View Full Version : New project- Amen Savior/CB750

63SSRagtop
05-18-2017, 10:34 PM
Greeting peeps... Just about wrapped up a walking dead "daryl's bike" clone and was about to focus on a CBR front end on my '77 CB750 when a buddy picked up a '75 chopped CB750, he sold me his old '71 SOHC CB750, two days later I seen this Amen Frame and went bat shit crazy.. had to have it..

Called said same buddy to see if he would go pick it up for me while i'm out of state and alas, its in my garage! Cant wait to get started on the lady... she's setup as a bobber but i'm realling leaning towards total old school... have to sit in the garage a bit with a drink and the girl to see what she wants to do..

xriccix
05-19-2017, 6:24 PM
gotta love those frames!

OleDirtyDoc
05-19-2017, 10:53 PM
I like the stance

63SSRagtop
05-29-2017, 10:04 AM
Got back to Washington, totally digging the frame.. touched base with a local and picked up this springer front end.. haven't taken any exact measurements but it looks to be a an 8 over.. will be cleaning it up today and seeing if I can get the front end installed and go from there.. It's a P&P Distributors front end the guy says he's had since the 80's.. I do dig the twisted metal.. anyone familiar with these front ends?! I want to keep the invader 10 spokes but we'll see how it goes..

shovelpan69
06-01-2017, 11:14 PM
Dig it can't wait to see how this goes

63SSRagtop
10-02-2017, 11:06 PM
Made some progress.. had to setup a place to work on her but had to make a stem to fit the 1" bearings and the 7/8" upper and lower triples.. cutting a sugar bear style lower rocker to get her at about a 2" trail so she'll be nice and smooth.. Bike in the back is the donor bike I bought.. motor was already punched out to an 836 and I've got another motor that's not as pretty going in the red one..

weirdosal
10-12-2017, 5:50 PM
Looking good. just browsin through to get my self motivated to get mine running again.

63SSRagtop
10-16-2017, 11:23 AM
Got some fabrication done this weekend.. got the rockers roughed, going to drill the holes and hold them together for final shaping on both, then weld the spacers on the inside..

Working on the female bolts that will go from the outside in.. actually called and talked to sugar bear to see if i could just buy them but they make them by hand as well and can't afford to let any of his inventory go.. Suprised the hell out of me that he answered the phone!

Stock rockers had only about 3/8" on the oilite bushings as the spacer was freeballing.. I'm planning on welding the spacers and using an oilite that will be wider... should be about 3/4" wide on front bushing and 5/8" on the back arm... in theory having the wider contact patch would be better right?? I'm not sure on this, just guessing.. really like some input on this...

63SSRagtop
10-18-2017, 5:55 AM
Made a prototype female for the lowers.. think i'm armed now to cut the stainless ones.. wish i knew exactly how wide they are across the flats but hey it'll be close enough...

Tattooo
10-18-2017, 6:08 AM
^^^^^^ Nice looking work...^^^^^^^^

Jasonisdico
10-18-2017, 11:27 AM
Looks good so far! With those rockers, do the lower frame rails sit level with the ground?

63SSRagtop
10-18-2017, 2:36 PM
Looks good so far! With those rockers, do the lower frame rails sit level with the ground?

Thanks guys, I want to get this front end buttoned up so i can move down the frame and get it off to powder coat!

All the measuring i did i did with frame level but there is a certain amount of curl i expect once i have weight on the frame due to the springer front end.. I've no friggin idea how to account for that so what i did is brought the true dead center for the axle spacing in a few inches on the same 50 degree plane... I really hope it's enough to level everything out once i get the motor in.. if not, i bought plenty of 3/8" and will be cutting another set

Havent figured out exactly what i'm doing for pipes but so far i'm looking at kickouts that mirror the bend in the rear of the frame or staight long ass pipes out the back.. if i do those i'll probably weld a bead in the pipes to make em look like shotguns :)

We'll see when i can get back that far on the bike..

JackMeHoff1975
10-30-2017, 1:39 PM
Those straight pipes are the ticket

63SSRagtop
10-30-2017, 2:19 PM
Yeah I'm gonna spend the next couple of days getting the rockers ironed out on of to get a roller, put the engine in to see how she sits.. with any luck I wont have to re-do the rockers..

63SSRagtop
11-01-2017, 9:33 PM
Got the rockers drilled for rough fit.. Think I may have to make another set to raise it a tad, but she's getting there.. slowly.. lol

63SSRagtop
11-04-2017, 6:41 PM

Got the motor in solo.. what a pain.. glad it’s just a mock up motor!
Now the real fun begins!