PDA

View Full Version : 2001 yamaha v star 650

Hughjeffner
03-29-2017, 11:32 PM
I have a 2001 yamaha v star 650. I want to put new forks tank and do some different customizations to it. It has 68000 miles. I am wondering if it will be worth doing it because it has so many miles on it. Is it inexpensive to rebuild or replace the motor or would it pretty much be trashed when i begin to have motor problems? Anf what kind of problems could i expect

21guns
03-30-2017, 1:48 AM
Ive seem em with 300,000 miles on em running strong. Its just up to you to keep up with maintenance routines. The stator went on mine a while back but was a cheap fix. And Ive seen guys on here rebuild knucks and indians from the 40's.

If youre willing to put in the work you'll have a sweet chop. Plenty of guys made some kickass rides out of these bikes. Just do a quick search

Hughjeffner
04-01-2017, 12:23 AM
Ive already replaced the stator and the battery. Only real problems ive had are oil leaks which im hoping i got the straightened out now. Ive seen alot of kool chopped vstars on here. I think this will be a good project bike for my first time. Just want to make sure i dont finish it then have the mltor blow ul on me or something