PDA

View Full Version : Colorado Campout

Erebus
03-24-2017, 7:37 PM
Are there any campouts in CO this summer? If not there should be.

Erebus
03-25-2017, 11:00 PM
Well...this thread is fucking dead.

DustyDave
03-26-2017, 12:28 AM
Not very interested in Colorado, ride the very south edge occasionally. So you only get the first google hit. https://www.cyclefish.com/motorcycle_events/COLORADO
Dusty

BadMonkeyMW
03-26-2017, 2:20 PM
I'm over in Grand Junction and I'd be into doing something this summer for sure, even if it's a small group. That's the biggest trouble I have over here on the Western Slope - tons of awesome roads and places to camp, but most of the other 33ers are on the front range around Denver.

Especially down around Ouray, Silverton, Ridgeway area the road is amazing and lots of kickass camping areas. Hit me up if you want to start kicking around some ideas.

Erebus
03-26-2017, 8:41 PM
Some of the best rides are on your side of the State. I need to rally some heads together. Cheers

laeljon
03-27-2017, 8:22 AM
Northern N.M. plan on trips up that way...headed to Victor, around May. June.

Red
03-29-2017, 10:48 PM
Rocky Mountain Rumble in June, Idaho Springs,
Marinara Run normally in Aug.
Bunch of us doing the Run to Raton, NM in July from Denver

weekend camping to places like Winter Park and various reservoirs will happen also

Erebus
03-30-2017, 2:19 PM
Rocky Mountain Rumble in June, Idaho Springs,
Marinara Run normally in Aug.
Bunch of us doing the Run to Raton, NM in July from Denver

weekend camping to places like Winter Park and various reservoirs will happen also

Cheers

BadMonkeyMW
03-31-2017, 7:45 PM
Some of the best rides are on your side of the State. I need to rally some heads together. Cheers

I'm game this spring/summer. Just keep me in the loop.

Erebus
04-10-2017, 8:18 AM
If I get the ordered parts on the bike by this Wednesday, I'm heading to the Great Sand Dunes for the weekend. 4/13-4/15.

BadMonkeyMW
04-10-2017, 8:43 AM
If I get the ordered parts on the bike by this Wednesday, I'm heading to the Great Sand Dunes for the weekend. 4/13-4/15.

Nice. I didn't know about this park until now, was just checking it out on their website. Looks great, I love Colorado!

AsianDan
04-14-2017, 9:20 AM
I don't believe the marinara run will happen this year BUT myself and a few others are gonna try to organize our own chopper show & campout. The Dirty Pines Burnout. Not sure when it'll be. But right now, the only thing is the Run To Raton . Where are you out of, Erebus? If near Denver , on May 13 at Threepences shop, they'll be a bike show. That's a start I guess. There's always free camping up in winter park and a bunch of us ride up and camp and party.

Erebus
04-14-2017, 10:46 AM
I don't believe the marinara run will happen this year BUT myself and a few others are gonna try to organize our own chopper show & campout. The Dirty Pines Burnout. Not sure when it'll be. But right now, the only thing is the Run To Raton . Where are you out of, Erebus? If near Denver , on May 13 at Threepences shop, they'll be a bike show. That's a start I guess. There's always free camping up in winter park and a bunch of us ride up and camp and party.

I've been pondering getting something together for Summer 2018. Let me know if you need help for this year. I'm planning on the Run to Raton as well possibly with one other fellow. I'm out of Golden. Keep in touch. Cheers!

AsianDan
04-30-2017, 9:51 PM
Cheers!

gring0star
05-07-2017, 4:43 PM
what are some good camping areas in colorado to go on bike? sorry for bringing up an old thread i just moved here recently and have no clue where to ride and camp.

AsianDan
05-07-2017, 10:32 PM
what are some good camping areas in colorado to go on bike? sorry for bringing up an old thread i just moved here recently and have no clue where to ride and camp.

If you mean free, there's blm sites all around. You just gotta find them on certain sites. There's a few around Nederland and lots up near winter park. We're camping up there on memorial day weekend.

If you got nothing to do this coming sat roll down to Denver to the bike night party that Threepence shop is having. Find them on ig @threepence
1375 W alameda ave. 5 pm
I'm @asian_dan on ig

Erebus
05-08-2017, 8:35 PM
If you mean free, there's blm sites all around. You just gotta find them on certain sites. There's a few around Nederland and lots up near winter park. We're camping up there on memorial day weekend.

If you got nothing to do this coming sat roll down to Denver to the bike night party that Threepence shop is having. Find them on ig @threepence
1375 W alameda ave. 5 pm
I'm @asian_dan on ig

Sweet! Thanks for the heads up Dan.

gring0star
05-08-2017, 9:16 PM

1375 W alameda ave. 5 pm
I'm @asian_dan on ig

thanks man ill probly head up there on saturday night and check it out.

Erebus
05-26-2017, 3:23 PM
Run to Raton...a couple months away but worth a spot in the summer calendar. Who wants to ride down(Denver Area)?

AsianDan
05-29-2017, 5:09 PM
Run to Raton...a couple months away but worth a spot in the summer calendar. Who wants to ride down(Denver Area)?

I'm riding down that Thursday afternoon after work with @dead_n_tired_art down to Pueblo to camp at his parents house for the night and then continue Fri morning down to Raton