PDA

View Full Version : 450r trx motor on an 01 rebel frame

Tbonetattooer
03-02-2017, 11:51 PM
What's up guys I'm new here and thought I would see if anyone has messed with a situation similar to mine... I recently acquired an 01 Honda rebel with a 450r trx four wheeler motor on it... it really seems like it's going to be more trouble than it's worth to get this thing electrically sound... I don't even know where to strart when it comes to a bike with no battery... at first I was excited to have the stronger motor... but now I'm beginning to think I'd be better off looking for a different motor to put on it.. any suggestions or advice would be awesome!

farmall
03-07-2017, 8:06 AM
Compare both schematics. Study how electrical systems work. If 450 or relative had lights then you can too, but I'm not about to go digging through schematics. That's your job. Go do it and learn.

If too much for you just sell all that shit and get a complete, preferably larger, motorcycle.

Wiring is physically easy and not mentally challenging if you do your homework.

Cmfnj
03-16-2017, 3:01 PM
Electrical on a trx450r isn't too bad. I assume its an 04/05 motor with kick only since there's no battery? If you have the wiring harness that came off the trx it should be super easy to hook up.

countryboychop
03-20-2017, 9:16 PM
Any pics tbonetattooer