PDA

View Full Version : need help 99 shadow ace 750 missing

turtle
06-25-2010, 2:37 PM
my wife rides a 750 ace. it has had troubles with it missing. we have replaced battery plugs,filters air fuel.replaced stater , what it does ,it runs fine at high rpms when down at an idle it misses but only when riding after a while. when first start up it idles fine. as long as you keep it reved between gears or at a red light it is fine,but it you let it die down and then try and go it misses and you have to ride the clutch and rev it to get it to go. I am kind of at a loss now. Not rich so can't afford to just strart replacing things. It has been very hard on plugs,I have to replace them fairly often. they get fouled out with gas not oil . My wife has had it for 7 years and it has kind of had a miss in it at times for the last 4 years. this summer is worse. anyone ever had this kind of problem with an ace? thanks for any input.

Doubleclutch
06-25-2010, 7:38 PM
Sounding to me like a carb issue. The pilot jet's are probley the ones pluged.

scarface6477
06-26-2010, 8:29 AM
hey i had one of these. sounds like it might be an air leak. check the boots around the carbs where they mount to the motor. also have you done any work to the bike? after market air cleaner? jetting? andything like that?

Merk
07-03-2010, 2:00 PM
I would guess you are having fuel issues - when I run low on gas my rear cylinder (2003 ACE) starts to miss and pop. Check to see if it's both cylinders (can you hear a clicking from either of the cylinders? That is a sure sign of lean condition from my experience on my bike). You may need to just clean things out. Let me know what you find.