PDA

View Full Version : SOHC CB750 plunger frame identify

deviant
02-16-2017, 4:19 PM
I have come into the possession of what appears to be an Amen Savior copy of a plunger frame from the 70s. I understand there have been many copies of these frames, so identification has been difficult. The frame seems to share some traits of a Paughco. I'm ruling out Santee because of the neck. I'm pretty confident it's not an Amen. I haven't seen a Denver plunger frame, but the COLO makes me wonder. Here's to hoping someone more expert than myself can help identify the manufacturer of this frame:

Stamped on the neck appears to be- ID XXXXX COLO

Much thanks.

Phantom309
02-18-2017, 4:18 AM
I have come into the possession of what appears to be an Amen Savior copy of a plunger frame from the 70s. I understand there have been many copies of these frames, so identification has been difficult. The frame seems to share some traits of a Paughco. I'm ruling out Santee because of the neck. I'm pretty confident it's not an Amen. I haven't seen a Denver plunger frame, but the COLO makes me wonder. Here's to hoping someone more expert than myself can help identify the manufacturer of this frame:

Stamped on the neck appears to be- ID XXXXX COLO

Much thanks.

It is not an AMEN Saviour, for certain. The AMEN's had the rear axle going directly through the plunger, where this one has plates hanging off the back like a Santee. I'm not certain who all made the plunger style frames, but I own and ride an Amen framed 750 Honda and it looks nothing like this. I never knew of Denver Mullins making a plunger frame. After doing a bunch of research, I'm just about certain you have a Santee frame, here.

deviant
02-18-2017, 7:19 AM
It is not an AMEN Saviour, for certain. The AMEN's had the rear axle going directly through the plunger, where this one has plates hanging off the back like a Santee. I'm not certain who all made the plunger style frames, but I own and ride an Amen framed 750 Honda and it looks nothing like this. I never knew of Denver Mullins making a plunger frame. After doing a bunch of research, I'm just about certain you have a Santee frame, here.

Thanks for the reply, Phantom. I was thinking maybe not Santeee because I hadn't found a pic of their plunger without a goose neck. The gussets on the neck and spine do look like their rigid. I've had a couple of buddies follow up with Santee too. I'm starting to think maybe Jammer?