PDA

View Full Version : Please look out for my fathers stolen ultra classic 1000 reward for recovery

Jarmy63
02-08-2017, 9:56 PM
Hello all,
My father is a disabled retired truck driver and veteran. He was selling his 01 ultra glide classic because he has bad knees and can no longer hold that monster up.He lives in Fayetteville TN
Enter a guy named Don Patrick
( this guy has claims a MC Club not sure if true and don't want problems with them either so I'll leave it out)
his said he would like to buy it and needed to run it up to the bank to get them to finance the bike..
My father is very trusting and see's the best in everyone , so he let him. The guy comes back says the banks working on it can you hold the title and we'll finish it up tomorrow.( letting him ride the bike)
Well come to find out the guy splits to from what I hear is a place called Aurora IN.. ( was told but who knows)
My father tried to fix the problem before telling me what was up this is now going on week two of the bike is gone.. he told me two days ago ( bikes in my name due to a past bankruptcy)
I tried reporting it stolen, police said it's a civil matter I'll see what that means in the morning.
I have the VIN and a picture of the bike
Thanks guys hopefully
I'm a long time stalker but never posted
My number 931-205-9756

CTNewman
02-09-2017, 12:43 PM
Hello all,
My father is a disabled retired truck driver and veteran. He was selling his 01 ultra glide classic because he has bad knees and can no longer hold that monster up.He lives in Fayetteville TN
Enter a guy named Don Patrick
( this guy has claims a MC Club not sure if true and don't want problems with them either so I'll leave it out)
his said he would like to buy it and needed to run it up to the bank to get them to finance the bike..
My father is very trusting and see's the best in everyone , so he let him. The guy comes back says the banks working on it can you hold the title and we'll finish it up tomorrow.( letting him ride the bike)
Well come to find out the guy splits to from what I hear is a place called Aurora IN.. ( was told but who knows)
My father tried to fix the problem before telling me what was up this is now going on week two of the bike is gone.. he told me two days ago ( bikes in my name due to a past bankruptcy)
I tried reporting it stolen, police said it's a civil matter I'll see what that means in the morning.
I have the VIN and a picture of the bike
Thanks guys hopefully
I'm a long time stalker but never posted
My number 931-205-9756

Was there any insurance on the bike?

So your dad has the title but no bike?

Whoremonger
02-09-2017, 1:43 PM
I think because your dad voluntarily let that piece of shit take the bike is why they are calling it a civil matter. I am not a patch holder but will say that many of them are good,solid men. Many of them are also vets and don't take kindly to one of theirs being done that way. Also,if he is claiming to be part of a 1% club and is not, that will get him into a wreck with said club. You are smart in not naming the club on ANY cycle forum.i would reach out to a member of said club and tell them what you said here. Sorry to hear about that and hope you and your dad get the bike or money back.

WillSCB
02-09-2017, 3:08 PM
+1 on reaching out to the club and not naming them. If at all possible, speak to the SA from the club and explain what you explained here. I am guessing he is most likely not affiliated, as from my experience, most of them are good guys and mostly veterans themselves. Also most of the people I have met who truly are "associated" with clubs don't make a habit of broadcasting it. Not saying it's not a possibility, but I would say it's not likely. Good luck and hope everything works out for you and your dad.

ExplodingCoffinEmporium
02-09-2017, 5:40 PM
Post up some pics, I've got a few buddies in Dearborn county IN I'll send a link to. I'd leave the club out of it, your beefs with the shithead and not them, if he's not a member then your gonna be standing there accusing them of being low enough to affiliate with a limp dick, if he is a member, well you just tipped off his buddies, either way it's a shit sandwich and better left uneaten. Now you do have a name and knowledge of the internet, keep a saved check on Craigslist and offerup just incase. Use social media to track him, google him, get as much info on him as you can. You obviously have a phone or email address for him as your father got in contact with him somehow. Start hunting, and when you find him give him a good knife fuck'n he won't forget

Jarmy63
02-09-2017, 7:00 PM
Thank you guys first..
We do have the title. No insurance the bike has been sitting for two years. He had not really planned to sell( well at least I thought ), potentially saving it for my son.
I have reached to the club through there website( several email no response)
. I'm not part of that lifestyle and don't know any of the actual members. The guys I know in every MC club around me I know are all stand up guys. The rougher ones I stay clear of just for this problem. I have filed a police report today as stolen 2/9.
I have pictures of him and pictures of the bike I will try and post up in just a few.
I heard through some people that in was at an address in Aurora IN . I drove there Tuesday night the house, spoke with the local police they informed me that address had burn down due to a potential meth lab they suspect.

Any other forums you guys suggest?
Thanks for all the help and ideas

Jarmy63
02-17-2017, 10:30 PM
Well thank you all who reached out to give me ideas..
the bike was recovered tonight hiding in a barn in IN.
Thanks again guys Jeremy Cook

Whoremonger
02-18-2017, 1:09 AM
Glad you got it back. Hope your pops gets the money he wants out of it

farmall
02-20-2017, 8:44 AM
At least you got it back. "No test rides without cash in fucking hand" is the smart way.

Serious people bring cash. Ignore the rest.

As for Pops being "trusting". that's probably a code word for "fucking senile". We will all get senile given enough time, but don't sugar coat it because sugar doesn't make cognitive decline go away. If he wants to sell the bike he should consider doing it through OP.

Side note of importance: Plan in advance for cognitive decline and have adult discussions with Pops about HIS desires for the future when he cannot express them. A living will, medical power of attorney and other estate planning such as sequestering assets before having to rely on government money for a nursing home etc need to be discussed. Waiting until probate is asking for a clusterfuck.

Whoremonger
02-20-2017, 12:39 PM
At least you got it back. "No test rides without cash in fucking hand" is the smart way.

Serious people bring cash. Ignore the rest.

As for Pops being "trusting". that's probably a code word for "fucking senile". We will all get senile given enough time, but don't sugar coat it because sugar doesn't make cognitive decline go away. If he wants to sell the bike he should consider doing it through OP.

Side note of importance: Plan in advance for cognitive decline and have adult discussions with Pops about HIS desires for the future when he cannot express them. A living will, medical power of attorney and other estate planning such as sequestering assets before having to rely on government money for a nursing home etc need to be discussed. Waiting until probate is asking for a clusterfuck.

Excellent advise on the side note. You espesially want to do that if you have siblings .

Benny74
02-20-2017, 1:58 PM
I'm willing to bet that this "Don Patrick" isn't even an MC member. Why bring unwanted, unnecessary negative attention to yourself and your club by stealing an old mans motorcycle right in front of him. I'd bet money on it that he was trying to use that as a scare tactic. Clubs get enough negative law enforcement attention as it is without stealing motorcycles in broad daylight after giving your father a name, which was probably fake anyway. If this dude is in a club, I'd find it very unlikely that he's going to remain in the club with how stupid of a criminal he is.