PDA

View Full Version : Honda shadow throttle clamp

Jameslwilfong
02-05-2017, 10:51 PM
Chopcult has been an amazing resource for an amazing amount of information. This is my first inquiry due to a numerous amount of researching and not finding an answer. I am cleaning up the bars on my 1993 vt600 which has 1in bars. The stock throttle housing has the kill switch/horn/and start switch. All have been relocated. My goal is to replace the stock housing with a dual cable clamp. After lots of research I finally purchased a clamp off ebay. The downfall are the holes that allow the cables to slide through to mount to the throttle tubing are too small and do not allow the throttle cables to come through or thread in using the stock Honda cables. Does anyone have any suggestions to make this work? I would really like to replace the clamp and not have to purchase a whole new throttle assembly and then still have to possible replace the cables. I would be happy to upload pictures if it will help clarify anything. Thanks!

Frost
02-06-2017, 7:31 AM
you have to re-tap the holes, i don't know your throttle kit but usually there is enough material to enlarge the holes and tap with the right size thread.

OT if you want to clean the bars, why did you want to keep the double cable throttle?

Jameslwilfong
02-10-2017, 9:40 PM
Thanks, i ended up coverting to new cable and went single cable vs dual