PDA

View Full Version : 94 vlx control wiring help

McNakey
12-28-2016, 2:24 PM
I'm trying to switch my handlebar controls with aftermarket ones, but I cannot foodie l figure out these wiring diagrams from the bike manual. I plan on hand wiring the stock harness onto the new wires, but I'm not sure which wires go where. Would greatly appreciate some help explaining these charts. Thank you!

Tattooo
12-28-2016, 4:03 PM
I'm trying to switch my handlebar controls with aftermarket ones, but I cannot foodie l figure out these wiring diagrams from the bike manual. I plan on hand wiring the stock harness onto the new wires, but I'm not sure which wires go where. Would greatly appreciate some help explaining these charts. Thank you!

At least you have a manual.........What kind of manual is it???????? There should be a chart it could be at the back of that chapter that might help you......

heyyodho
12-28-2016, 5:53 PM
Do a google image search for a wiring diagram and you should be able to find a decent one to print out.

Frost
12-29-2016, 7:20 AM
this is the best you can find online:
http://www.hondashadow.net/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=9658&d=1359426975

good luck

McNakey
12-29-2016, 1:46 PM
It's the honda service manual. I can't find anything at the end of the chapter. I guess i was expecting only positive and negative wires for each function, but that's not the case and i have no clue what all the letters at the tops of thy charts mean.

KKDZO
12-29-2016, 7:56 PM
The letters at the top of the charts are the pins of the components the switch acts on so for example your starter switch has IG2, ST, HL and HL1. That switch is a double break switch which means that either IG2 and ST are connected together or HL and HL1 are connected together. In that case it should be IGnition2, STarter and HeadLight, HeadLight1. This double break allows the power to be cut from the headlight and used for the starter.
For the engine stop switch you have IGnition1 and IGnition2, if you look at the wiring diagram at the end of your service manual, you can see that this IG2 is connected to the IG2 of the starter I mentioned above therefore closing the circuit when you press the starter button.
Hope this helps.

Tattooo
12-29-2016, 8:12 PM
The letters at the top of the charts are the pins of the components the switch acts on so for example your starter switch has IG2, ST, HL and HL1. That switch is a double break switch which means that either IG2 and ST are connected together or HL and HL1 are connected together. In that case it should be IGnition2, STarter and HeadLight, HeadLight1. This double break allows the power to be cut from the headlight and used for the starter.
For the engine stop switch you have IGnition1 and IGnition2, if you look at the wiring diagram at the end of your service manual, you can see that this IG2 is connected to the IG2 of the starter I mentioned above therefore closing the circuit when you press the starter button.
Hope this helps.

Hell it helped me and I don't even own a Honda anymore but I will be able to help others...... That makes a lot of since... Thanks

McNakey
12-30-2016, 3:21 PM
Hope this helps.

Holy cow. This makes sense now haha. I got the starter and killswitch wired up and working now. Thank you!