PDA

View Full Version : Another intruder! 😔

bbf
12-23-2016, 4:06 PM
The first pic is my first small build to the bike. The second pic is me tearing the bike down for another build. Let the fun begin! Haha.

bbf
01-07-2017, 10:18 AM
A little more work has taken place. Got the rear wheel takin off and starting to prep it for paint. The drive hub I've sanded the clear off and thinking about polishing it. Trying to figure out how I want to hide all the wiring under the seat. I plan to put a new fender and sissy bar on it when I get that far!��73888

bbf
03-10-2017, 7:15 PM
Decided to leave the drive hub with the brushes looked. Also the speedo will have the brushes finish with the bezel remaining chrome. Was goin to do same to hand controls but some of the casting pits started showing. So I just painted them. Got the rear fender sitting on the bike getting ready to mock it up and figure how where I need to cut it and get the style I want.755837558475585

bbf
03-26-2017, 2:44 PM
Intruders are a hard bike to make look good. I hope I can do it, especially since my inspiration for this bike is the infamous astroglide. I like when people can make a swingarm bike look like a ridgid. Just low and lean. But here is an update on it. Got the fender cut and how I want. The drive hub and speedo cleared. I got some fork treatments happening, I'll post pics when it's done. So I hope someone can find a hint of inspiration in my build as I have found in others! 75867758687586875869

bbf
05-07-2017, 8:21 PM
Finally was able to get some time on the build. Even though it's a mild build my progress has been slow. But my family comes first. Got a little bit of wiring left. Then I'll be able to get my seat fitted. Once that's done I'll fit up the seat and get the tins painted. Hoping to get it finished in the next week or 2! Fingers crossed. 7681676817

bbf
05-17-2017, 7:41 AM
Almost the final mock up. Gonna drop the front fender about a 1/2". Then the tins are coming back off to get painted. I really wasn't able to find any narrow forks that were a easy swap. So I decided to run some fork shrouds and give the front end a beefy look. Was really hoping to build more of a lane splitter but oh well. I'm ready to get this thing done and ride. I need a second bike. One to build and one to ride while building is in progress. Haha. Anyhow here's a few pics to show where I'm at.7694376942

GNARAD
05-17-2017, 8:30 PM
Were did you find those shock shrouds ?

bbf
05-18-2017, 7:29 PM
Were did you find those shock shrouds ?

If I told ya, I'd have to kill ya! Haha. They are honda shadow ace 750 shrouds. The bottoms fit up great. The tops had to be cut down to fit. Also I got new signal mounts to cover the top of them. If you mount the signals else where the top tree may cover the top shroud hole.