PDA

View Full Version : 1993 Shadow vt 600 carb removal

plowman666
11-08-2016, 12:28 AM
Bike runs like crap chokes out at mid throttle sounds like its running on one cylinder, i figured cleaning and re-jetting the carbs is a good place to start. I took the tank off, air cleaner and now I realized I dont really know what to do next. This is my first foray into this, does anyone know of any good guides or step by step processes on how to do this. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

shortpork
11-08-2016, 8:53 AM
Buy the manual for the bike. Will save you many headaches

sdustin
11-10-2016, 9:17 PM
First remove the cables. You'll know if they are reinstalled wrong so it's easy. Then remove the gas inlet. A Phillips head screw driver will lossen the clamps on the rubber couplings holding each carb to the head then take a small pry bar. Slowly and gently pop each carb out of their couplings. The carb assembly will come out the left side of the bike. The wiring harnnes is kind of in the way you can push it up along the frame out of the way. they come right out. Go back in reverse I learned to us the pry bar to push them back into their coupling. It helps to rub a little spit on the rubber.

I had my carbs off and on countless times tuning mine to run with open exhaust and stacks. Got to where I could have them off and back on in about 15 mins. Really easy.

plowman666
11-11-2016, 7:19 PM
First remove the cables. You'll know if they are reinstalled wrong so it's easy. Then remove the gas inlet. A Phillips head screw driver will lossen the clamps on the rubber couplings holding each carb to the head then take a small pry bar. Slowly and gently pop each carb out of their couplings. The carb assembly will come out the left side of the bike. The wiring harnnes is kind of in the way you can push it up along the frame out of the way. they come right out. Go back in reverse I learned to us the pry bar to push them back into their coupling. It helps to rub a little spit on the rubber.

I had my carbs off and on countless times tuning mine to run with open exhaust and stacks. Got to where I could have them off and back on in about 15 mins. Really easy.

Thanks my dude, you're the man.