PDA

View Full Version : Paint / shovelhead mechanic

Clickjack
11-07-2016, 3:51 AM
I live in Los Angeles - any recommendations for a good mechanic who knows shovelheads?

Recommend someone to do custom paint / tank lettering?

Thanks

Dragstews
11-07-2016, 6:26 AM
Ya got one of the best mechanic's in the country just 26 min (24.2 Miles) away from you....

https://www.google.com/maps/vt/data=RfCSdfNZ0LFPrHSm0ublXdzhdrDFhtmHhN1u-gM,pmig8iWV9pdW5QGIAzO9-GEqC0pTZZOyJtUipbFiXwQBb2mq_DPFN4KOJjMbvVhCRjslDWF aerEEeZDrCFBQLc0dPnRj1g0LNsSB4cmBiFOjYUXfel0dlhEtu yq5J2V48oQtnNVgeD9QgiTwsy9KM2A,448csO5BaHrHaLD9RMq wrH1AvEMcDXEKYWXg4R8GtypeKDcxyvfe1XuHDMf2KcEVSrcq_ p-mQtg3SzcIhIij-gWJ0vLmo8esi1gBIgWQUGDnnCgSAzsclxe0wrQuRqBRhQSCJRt GQPWIrMuKjL0MpfwGTDN0HPexQtTTFhjzFCbUYSO2P3mtuQOGw rG_s7I0OBYHFJJoMchatfckKGtagZvs5IltJYmggQ_6J310P-sWSqFR0VGaNXtE2eCrSy53dlfO4TuGhwZ8xWazBkD5bR9rcLX5 rOscClk_51CajDDg35r8xU6xkW0tSLBaO2oJuGqt__g6HOoNNo x-w2T8fIXdZuOl5WqixUm8NHNErMljhU3HKxmkb6ZN4UwvPtX7ys LyJFFsQZDUqrXXGJv3HUli3LVhPkT5KMJ9Ttgh39wtk_QE?sca le=1&h=200&w=555

... Phil Long .....Cycle Works.. (310-537-7480)
(Possibly his daughter is better than him ... :p ... Runs in the family)

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/7e/fa/85/7efa858218f7919a1ea0390102baba5d.jpg

................................ (She has a good teacher.!!) .................................

fastfiat
11-07-2016, 7:43 AM
I'll second that. Phil and his daughter Lidia are great. They did my 53 panhead lower end with one of his left side cases. Very pleased.

Clickjack
11-07-2016, 11:11 AM
I'll second that. Phil and his daughter Lidia are great. They did my 53 panhead lower end with one of his left side cases. Very pleased.

Thank you guys. How are their prices?

Anyone know of anything closer (if you're not use to L.A. Echo park to LB is a pain) for simple advice and what not?

Dragstews
11-07-2016, 11:24 AM
How are their prices?

Give em a call and tell them what all you are in need of doing...

https://realtimeboard.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2014/12/Uga-Aga-Users-get-advice-and-get-2.jpg

fastfiat
11-07-2016, 1:56 PM
I live in Berdo so the drive really sucks for me but im wiling to drive a bit further for good service. For what they did for me i thought the price was more than fair.

Dragstews
11-07-2016, 2:14 PM
Awww .... Gee-Wiz

He probably doesn't like the idea of a Girl working on his bike.... :eek:

Just think of her as one of the Guys with one less Appendage .... :D
(No Kickstand, if you will.)

fastfiat
11-07-2016, 3:37 PM
Shes definitely not afraid to break a nail. Pretty sharp gal. As for the appendages, ill leave that to you Drag.

Dragstews
11-07-2016, 6:06 PM
Speaking of appendages ......

Here's Eve's side of the story.....

According to her, God created her first....
After three weeks in the Garden of Eden, God came to visit Eve. So, how is everything going?" inquired God.

It's all so beautiful" she replied. "Everything is wonderful, but I have one problem. It's these breasts you've given me. The middle one pushes the other two out and I'm constantly knocking them with my arms."

She went on to tell Him that since many other parts of her body came in pairs, such as her limbs, eyes, ears, etc .....she felt that having only two breasts might leave her body more"symmetrically balanced," as she put it.

"That is a fair point, but it was my first shot at this, you know. I gave the animals six breasts, so I figured that you needed only half of those, but I see that you are right. I will fix it up right away." And He reached down, removed the middle breast and tossed it into the bushes.

Three weeks passed and God once again visited Eve in the Garden of Eden.

"Well, Eve, how is my favorite creation?"

Just fantastic," she replied, "But for one oversight on your part. You see, all the animals are paired off. The ewe has a ram and the cow has her bull. All the animals have a mate except me. I feel so alone."

God thought for a moment and said, "You know, Eve, you are right. How could I have overlooked this? You do need a mate and I will immediately create a man from a part of you.

Now let's see ...........where did I put that useless boob ?"

Now doesn't THAT make more sense than that stuff about the rib?

(I kinda liked the "Six" idea myself... That would be some kind of FUN right there) ... :p .. :o ..

http://i.imgur.com/6UqTHEC.jpg

Whoremonger
11-07-2016, 9:07 PM
Last time i was at phils he was in lynwood which is a hop and a skip,from echo park

Dragstews
11-07-2016, 9:16 PM
Last time i was at phils he was in lynwood which is a hop and a skip,from echo park

Opps ..... Well, I'll be dipped in shit ..!!!

Looked at the wrong addy ....

4235 Fernwood Av.
Lynwood, Ca 90262

https://www.google.com/maps/vt/data=RfCSdfNZ0LFPrHSm0ublXdzhdrDFhtmHhN1u-gM,i6-1oLM3EzDq3xkqrcU4v0ckbULmayYf7Dv8Ffpiy1WTGgaDOWt1T O-rEhIUfJqLRI_zbP5Ba_tJWOMuRsFtP0R6bynRDIBHFGoL958St 8qsjc9iQ9MXQgZbQnIUfpPp0dLTU5eiEQVL2YSeiV8GghQ,qs_ Wnug5tqeBul3tNPiyBoM0PHyVPgeytfmdoUMuDd1O7HAnG73Ti De9pRaBgQrLBGR8u8kSuh7DG1YBBSPGgvokHVyL77pPfUkZfuK fcD9au0qYUBFsJKhglg_Ux_oHamQpFJJ3OSlF5E97FORCjnBDb M1hLQ1cNYIZnv3NNa-H5d-EVkWb7sAJyAN6J9JIHw695JS-Y_xpmGn4Fd63Gapexgn6adpMhUbm3Wnz0FhPY9kYl3jJ920tf1 KtERPUGrLzvwpHXf3GrFwuMJmIuwoABqAcGfeNx9DKSTmkUCLq 1mP4Efa699f8occnblH836js1KxVnCYg2F1HKPVehikE1lss9w LqPHvRs2oEEy38IAPfkxECAMg3j6XVY0XL61ABbC8bGnLa17_9 tJ62n4abPPY3kMnOX7UDcdwllu7_0yg?scale=1&h=200&w=555

... 23 min (15.3 mi) via I-710 S ...

Sorry about dat....
If ya find yourself in Long Beach stop by the "Queen Mary" for a bite to eat...

I did this one....

DINING WITH THE SPIRITS
FINE DINING AND GHOST HUNT AND HAUNTED HISTORY TOUR

I'm sure there was mirrors.... But didn't see none ..!!!

Little known History about the Queen Mary....

In December 1942, Queen Mary carried 16,082 American soldiers from New York to Great Britain, a standing record for the most passengers ever transported on one vessel.
During this trip, while 700 miles (1,100 km) from Scotland during a gale, she was suddenly hit broadside by a rogue wave that may have reached a height of 28 metres (92 ft).

An account of this crossing can be found in Carter's book.
As quoted in the book, Carter's father, Dr. Norval Carter, part of the 110th Station Hospital on board at the time, wrote in a letter that at one point Queen Mary "damned near capsized...

One moment the top deck was at its usual height and then, swoom! Down, over, and forward she would pitch." It was calculated later that the ship rolled 52 degrees, and would have capsized had she rolled another 3 degrees.

The incident inspired Paul Gallico to write his novel, The Poseidon Adventure (1969) and carry the incident to a fictional extreme. This was adapted as a 1972 film by the same name, in which the SS Poseidon is turned upside-down, and the trapped passengers trying to escape.
Naturally parts of the film were shot in the actual Queen Mary, conveniently docked in Long Beach.

.../// https://youtu.be/Y97NqNblEuM \\\...

fastfiat
11-07-2016, 9:27 PM
Actually 11042 Atlantic Ave, Lynwood. There is a alley around back that is the access. And he usually doesn't get there until after 11 am.http://knuckleworks.com/ Knucleworks, Cycleworks are the same.

Dragstews
11-07-2016, 10:26 PM
Need to light a fire under his ass and get him offering right side cases ...!!!

Damn those late night TV shows .... ;)

Clickjack
11-07-2016, 11:57 PM
Awww .... Gee-Wiz

He probably doesn't like the idea of a Girl working on his bike.... :eek:

Just think of her as one of the Guys with one less Appendage .... :D
(No Kickstand, if you will.)

Not at all. I'm probably a little too excited at the prospect. All the bike mechanics I knew back in Texas were old crusty dudes. It's more of a practical thing. I run a business based out of Echo Park. It's hard to find time to run to Long Beach and back. usually that is a two hour adventure round trip. I have to have one of my guys work for me while I'm gone. And assumeing I have to leave the bike with them, I'll need a ride back.

I don't know that I need anything done. But I picked up a bike up off a guy who isn't too savy (Neither am I), so I want to get it looked at, tuned up, get some advice on what to look for before I hop on it and take off to San Deigo or something.

Solid analogy though - When I was like 14 my brother had his first kid, and I refered to her as a him at the hospital... My brother explained that she was the automatic model. No stick shift.

Dragstews
11-08-2016, 4:30 PM
...Lol...

And on dat note ......

http://i5.tagstat.com/p1/0/2vRzPMwAqvJ8LCxpHeZ9PWt33m-NGaI6i_9z4-qPHiI3R-7HGYrRmA==.jpg