PDA

View Full Version : Some general info / direction please.

Rabbit
06-21-2010, 12:37 PM
So here's the skinny: I'm building a 77 CB750k7 and I am about to get my frame in from World Class Welding (Tanks by Tigman) and this is the first time I'll be putting a motor into a new frame. If you look at my profile you can see the build as it has been in the stock frame that I've cut up a bit. My main concern is wheels and brakes. I'm fairly comfortable with everything on the bike and doing things myself except for structural welding, hence why I ordered a frame. I had planned on running the stock wheel setup and brake setup, but wondering if anyone has done a disc set up with the stock wheels. The neck setup is for a HD style front end, but I'm putting honda cups and bearing in until I can decide if I wanna put a springer on it. So, all that long drawn out preface being said, any opinions on this?
http://www.chopcult.com/uploads_user/2000/1019/37534.jpg
This is the way it looked before I pulled the motor when I ordered the frame.

Rabbit
06-21-2010, 12:39 PM
Also, I'm running CycleX Dual Carb setup, anyone have any luck / hints with those? I swear I know everything about a fucking Mikuni by now, but this dual setup seems to need a voodoo priest to get them setup right. I'm running perfectly on the 1-4 cylinders, but 2-3 are fuelsoaked but still firing enough to cause falme, but runns like shit.

Rabbit
06-22-2010, 4:55 PM
anybody?

Twinkies
06-22-2010, 8:42 PM
stock wheels and brakes? should be fine.. unless your new frame will be stretched then you might have to lengthen the rod or make a new mount for the rear drum's support arm (or whatever its called). may have to have wheel spacers made.. etc. Not a big deal.

Cycle X carb setup trouble? try a search here on CC.. I remember reading something about tuning them somewhere.. or.. you could go the old fashioned route and pick up a phone and call the Cycle X guys.. they have a good rep and should be able to help you out.. you spent good money on their product!

Let us know how it turns out..

Rabbit
06-23-2010, 8:26 PM
I've dealt with them on the phone and they are stand up guys. I am just having a particularly weird thing happening with the set up and they are quite a ways away from me. Once I get it back together and can tune them in the new frame I hope to be able to dial them in better as the stock frame doesn't really allow room for adjusting their position. But yeah, Ken has been nothing short of awesome in dealing with me on this one. Just wondering if anyone else has seen this and figured out anything to it. Thanks for the info on the brakes.

HWC
06-24-2010, 8:41 AM
yep,,done a couple w/ disc rear wheels...

heres one...

http://s135.photobucket.com/albums/q157/hillbilly750/ricks%20chop/

an on your HD neck frame ,,its either or,,your stock frontends not gonna work on a HD neck,,the stems too long,,,just changin out the races an bearins isnt gonna help on the wrong length stem

Rabbit
06-24-2010, 11:44 AM
yep,,done a couple w/ disc rear wheels...

heres one...

http://s135.photobucket.com/albums/q157/hillbilly750/ricks%20chop/

an on your HD neck frame ,,its either or,,your stock frontends not gonna work on a HD neck,,the stems too long,,,just changin out the races an bearins isnt gonna help on the wrong length stem

I'll have to wait for the frame to show up to figure that part out. I get what you're saying, and I hadn't thought about that.

As far as the rear disc does, I'm trying to avoid getting rid of my spoked wheel... I know the later CB705 discs can be swapped in with the wheel, but I guess I'm stuck with the drum for the time being.

swellguy
06-24-2010, 11:48 AM
try sohc4.net. There's a lot of info there and a fiar bit fo background on Cycle x stuff.