PDA

View Full Version : fork tube compatibility

TheMKoi
10-02-2016, 12:17 PM
Hello Chop Cult

I have a pretty noob question here. Will all 41mm fork tubes work on a bike that has a 41mm tree?

I am stretching my 1400 Intruder this winter and I will need some extra lenght. Can I grab some used Harley tubes and throw them on?

Any help would be great

Thanks,

theMKoi

Jasonisdico
10-02-2016, 1:51 PM
I don't think they are the same. The 1400 forks have an Allen 'plug' that is lower than the fork cap and I don't think HD has it. You can get the extended fork tubes from Forking by Frank, or from Seeger cycles. If you order from Seeger, they come from Frank's but they're cheaper. I don't know why. It's where I got mine from. 👍🏻

TheMKoi
10-03-2016, 10:22 PM
Ahh I see. I was thinking of finding some Harley front shocks and swapping them out just becasue there are lots of them around and more aftermarket spring and extensions. I checked out Seeger cycles, they look good. I just know the shipping and customs bringing them up to the Great White North (Canada) will kill me.

Thanks for the response

Tattooo
10-04-2016, 1:33 AM
I just know the shipping and customs bringing them up to the Great White North (Canada) will kill me.

Thanks for the response

You got that right...........

TheMKoi
03-20-2017, 12:27 PM
I don't think they are the same. The 1400 forks have an Allen 'plug' that is lower than the fork cap and I don't think HD has it. You can get the extended fork tubes from Forking by Frank, or from Seeger cycles. If you order from Seeger, they come from Frank's but they're cheaper. I don't know why. It's where I got mine from. ����

When you ordered From Seeger Cycles, did you ever speak to anyone? I have emailed and called with no response other then the automated response saying they will get back to me in 48hrs.

Jasonisdico
03-20-2017, 5:20 PM
Got you message, but can't respond from mobile. I went 6" up in my downtubes and 8" over fork tubes and that kept my frame level. You could go 10" over but your front would be a little higher. Some people like that look, I personally don't.

I got mine from Seeger cycles. Did it online, but I was able to call and talk to someone there when there was an issue. They were quick to resolve it. Seeger gets their tubes from Forking by Frank, but it's cheaper going through Seeger for some reason. I think the 8" over cost me $275 shipped.

TheMKoi
03-21-2017, 11:44 AM
Got you message, but can't respond from mobile. I went 6" up in my downtubes and 8" over fork tubes and that kept my frame level. You could go 10" over but your front would be a little higher. Some people like that look, I personally don't.

I got mine from Seeger cycles. Did it online, but I was able to call and talk to someone there when there was an issue. They were quick to resolve it. Seeger gets their tubes from Forking by Frank, but it's cheaper going through Seeger for some reason. I think the 8" over cost me $275 shipped.

Awesome, thanks for the info. There is a custom bike show up here in Toronto this weekend. If I can not find some one in Canada to buy them from then I will be ordering them from Seeger.