PDA

View Full Version : 96 Suzuki intruder 800 seat help.

313cos
09-25-2016, 3:46 PM
Looking to change my stock seat. Found http://www.jpcycles.com/product/800-0239 and I'm wondering if anyone has any ideas is f this is a good fit. Checked the specs on it but I'm weary as a fist time bike owner about buying something that's going to be a total bitch to put on. Any other places to shop or look to find parts would be great.

313cos
09-25-2016, 4:20 PM
Also, I have the stock mufflers on the bike. They are the slip on kind. I want to eventually replace with exhaust slip ons. Would it hurt the bike in anyway to take the mufflers off and run it with ought replacing them with anything for the time being?

GNARAD
09-25-2016, 6:14 PM
I took the mufflers off and ran straight pipes. It ran like shit so I put some slip in baffles to give it some back pressure didn't help much I played with the air fuel mixture for weeks and it never ran as good as it did. I'm using pod filters now and am re jetting the carbs to suit. People will say you don't need to rejet if your just changing the muffler but I believe you do. As for the seat it's pretty hard to just buy a seat and hope it will fit. Have you taken the rear seat off? There's electrical that would need re positioning. I've seen guys just use the front half of the seat and round out the fender ( some metal work for sure) were the electrical once mounted doesn't look half bad.

Jasonisdico
09-25-2016, 7:26 PM
That seat will absolutely not fit. There's so much stuff in the way and would take an extraordinary amount of work to even get it close. As far as the mufflers, Gnarad is right. You should rejet get if you plan on running straight pipes or anything close to that. 'Lollipops' will help with backpressure, but not solve the problem.

313cos
09-26-2016, 6:33 PM
Thanks for the infor fellas. I'm not going to mess with those mufflers then until I have some better know how. Any good sites to find some old jap bike seats? Wanting to sit lower in the bike then the stock seat offers.