PDA

View Full Version : North Cali Party

AfterHours
08-22-2009, 8:22 PM
Right after the Grass Valley party, we're looking at one in the Sacramento Area. This would be the tester for hopefully something bigger for next year,and more to come. The Smoke Out West was weak at best,and not very west. I'm running into snag after snag for an event,so we're just going to have a small party and see how everyone digs the area. Hopefully next year we can turn it into a real event with vendors & shit,time will tell.

Right now it's a collective of AHC,Biltwell,Lillian Rose Choppers,Baxter,DicE,Executive Choppers....

Any interest? We're talking October 2-4th, so I gotta pull my head out of my ass soon!

billdozer
08-23-2009, 1:04 AM
We need to get off our asses and get up to NorCal, so do it!

Halwade
08-23-2009, 9:59 AM
That weekend conflicts with the Vegas BikerFist I'm already committed to, and it's 4 days before the SLO ride that BlueCollarMoto's organizing, so it's gonna be tough.

Hey Gabe, what about a NorCal Halloween Hoedown? There's nothing on the calendar I can see for Halloween weekend (Oct 31, Nov 1), and everyone likes to party on Halloween. Plus, Orange is the official color of Harley Davidson Come on! Do it...

AfterHours
08-25-2009, 10:09 AM
My buddy has leased a 2 acre compound on the Sac River. Beautiful riding,a shop,retail space and a gay clubhouse. Over the past 2 weeks these guys and their worthless club have decided to get political and let me know that I wouldn't be 100% in charge of my own event since I'm not a member and don't pay dues,and it's now their lot....not what we had discussed. These guys are worthless bagger fucks that seem to think a jacket & tatoo makes you a real group....I think the Fisters MC are a tighter bunch of dudes....so to speak...

This is the third year I have failed,but I won't compromise my event. I was uber excitied when this started,I thought I had it dialed.

When Biltwell puts on shit like the Chop Meet,I have a small idea what a complete pain in the ass it can be. My respects.

BlueCollarMoto
08-25-2009, 10:55 AM
That Sucks!
So you organize an event. Do all the leg work. Make all the plans. Post all over the place. Answer all the Q&A. And it turns into someone else's show? Fuck that! Organize the North ride down to Pismo SLO. Take the long way and screw the baggers. Then do something for Halloween. I would love to make a trip up to my old stomping grounds in Sacramento. Its been a long time. It would be cool to take a ride past my old place next to the Levi and drop a hook for some Catfish. I haven't done that since I was 7 yrs old. There's gotta be good spots East of the city. Or in the delta area down river. I was thinking of doing a Van-In up in Big Bear that weekend but fuck it. Let me know if you find a place. Down here Halloween weekend is the last weekend of the year any campsites (with shitters and showers) are open. They're usually empty. Would be a perfect time to take over one and raise some hell! Don't know about your area though?

AfterHours
08-26-2009, 12:41 AM
The Halloween thing will be tough on dudes with kids,but I'm liking the idear. We've got room for camping and I've made a few calls today,I think it'll be a great time. I'll post a flyer the end of the week and we'll just have us a private party (that every one's invited to) up here to get the ball rolling.

Halwade
08-27-2009, 7:12 PM
Count me in. Billdozer might not be able to make it (he's off grid for two weeks in August/Sept for the GR and GZTD), but Halloween weekend is a great time of year for dicks like me.

The Beemer is perfect for this kind of shit.

Good luck, and thanks for the props on event planning. It's a pain in the ass, but it's always worth it...

McGoo

AfterHours
08-27-2009, 9:32 PM
It's a great idea,thanks for the input.

We're all good,once the shitheads are left out of the loop. October 30th & 31st it is! I'll put a flyer together when I get back from the GZ. For anyone mapquesting the zip is 95658,I'll put up a map later.

I've got a small shop here for road repairs and the camping is free. We're looking at crashing a blues bar for dinner Friday night 2 miles from my place -descent grub, $2 pints and live music. There's a $6 cover charge but I'll work on a free beer with that. It's close,so we can have some fun. After a breakfast ride Saturday,my metal spinner has offered a tour & demonstration and that's always fun. So far it looks like we'll be having lunch with Bill Holland, the original and current builder of the Harmon front end,cool chopper history there. I'm trying to keep Saturday interesting while being able to pop a few beers all through the day,and I'll cook dinner for everyone that night. The water will be chilly but bring some shorts if you want to take a dip.

If anyone wants to offer up a couple bucks,that's cool. I'll have a tip jar- a buck here & there will help cover the grub and beer. This is a party,not an event,so no vendor shit besides banners. You're all my guests and I won't be posting flyers all over town,bring your friends and spread the word.

If you want to reach me for anything ~ gabe@afterhourschoppers.com

BandR
08-28-2009, 1:43 AM
Hey Gabe! any reason to get the f@#k outa Arizona! I'll keep checkin to see how this develops!
BEER BRATS!!!