PDA

View Full Version : Vstar 650 simple throttle housing

PINCHUCTAC
09-16-2016, 5:19 PM
Hello everyone. Im begining to work on my Vstar 650 Bobber build. Im going to be relocating the starter and kill switch buttons to clean up the handle bars. Im trying to find a throttle housing that will fit the Vstar that doesnt have the buttons or anything on it. Iv seen some people getting single cable throttle controls from HD and making them work. But does anyone know of any that will work with the stock cables and everything?

Amouxdiesel
09-20-2016, 7:50 PM
There's threads on here about using a biltwell throttle. They're great throttles but can be pricey. I'm using an eBay one for now. They're inexpensive and if you fuck it up it won't hurt much. I bought a single cable throttle housing and drilled the opening to fit the cable ends. Works great and I've had no problem running a single stock cable.

Relocated all the switches to the storage under the seat. Removed signal lights and horn.

Luke2
09-25-2016, 7:59 AM
I also used the eBay cheapo version on my Vstar. I only did the single throttle cable to my cv40 carb. Works well. I had to get a custom throttle cable made up for it though.