PDA

View Full Version : 96 Suzuki intruder 800. Help!

313cos
09-11-2016, 4:49 PM
So i replaced the battery in my bike a couple months ago. But my battery dies real real fast as of the past 3 days. I jumped it and it ran for an hour and held a charge overnight. But when I pulled back in this evening turned it off and tried to start it again nothing. All the lights come on but it won't turn over. Clicking noise from the rear when I try. Anyone have any info that could save me a trip to the shop? This is my first bike and want to do as much as I can by myself. Any info would be greatly appreciated.

shovelpan69
09-11-2016, 10:56 PM
Do you have a multi meter? If you do set it to the 20volts setting should look like this 20~. Check your battery first make sure you have 12 volts. If you do then it's probably the relay or the starter that has gone bad. If you don't have 12 volts charge your battery, start the bike and check your battery as it's running, charge should steadily go up to 13 or 14 volts. If not it's something in the charging system. Let me know what you get.

313cos
09-21-2016, 9:16 PM
Shovelpan69 thanks for the advice bro. Sorry for responding so late, broke my damn phone. I checked everything out. Battery was fine. Found the starter relay I needed for $7 so I ordered it and changed it out. Bikes back to life.