PDA

View Full Version : Couple cafe questions

CafeRacist
09-07-2016, 9:57 PM
What up guys, I'm mid cafe build right now with my CB1000C
i have a couple stupid questions

Will converting both of my cornstar rims to 19" spoked rims have any effect on handling?
All I see is 18 in the rear and 19 in the front but I don't know why

Also going to do an inverted gsxr fork swap.
How big of a deal is this?
I see fork tubes for around $170/pair but with that, i'll need a custom triple tree right? and stem?

And last, for the seat loop, Is this the usual way of welding one on?
small piece of tubing as a coupling, leave small gap between the loop and frame, weld it, then grind smooth

sdustin
09-08-2016, 9:58 AM
I'm not 100% but I think the best way to do the form swap would be to use the gsxr trees on your stem. That should make using a face wheel brake and axle easier.

BUKNEKK4D
09-08-2016, 10:35 AM
No insight from me but.... Ahhaha Dickbutt. Good guy.

217chops
09-08-2016, 8:46 PM
Cognitomoto.com will sell you a new stem to press into the gsxr trees, then bearings and it will bolt right on. Used them for my gsxr forks on my xs650, holy crap they made a huge difference. Get ready for the bike to be way lower in the front, dropped mine a few inches at least. I would recommend finding a rolling front end with everything as piecing one together like I did nickel and dimed me to death. Live and learn though, can be an expensive swap but bike will handle amazing.

MrBlack
09-08-2016, 9:39 PM
Over in the tech section there's a list of tube sizes and stems for an ass load of bikes made the post myself quite aways back so you'll have to dig for it... that way you can swap any trees with any forks you want